What's new

Attack on PAF Base Minhas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do you discount the report? Just wondering.

because one news paper receives an anonymous call from an unnamed person claiming responsibility of the attack..they publish the news and that's taken as the final word on who has done it..
This trend has to change if the roots of terrorism has to be cut..and i am sure there is much more to it than mere religious extremism..specially in Kamra base attack....

ARY is reporting that interrogation from the arrested mastermind and other culprits has revealed that the attackers main mission was not to blow up any assets, rather to kidnap high PAF officials and then set conditions to have their demands met by the GOP.

ARY is reporting that interrogation from the arrested mastermind and other culprits has revealed that the attackers main mission was not to blow up any assets, rather to kidnap high PAF officials and then set conditions to have their demands met by the GOP.

Does that make any sense?

Most of them were killed with their explosive belts intact.....may be they wanted to create a hostage situation. ???

reaching AWACS hanger was easier than tracing and then capturing a living human being.....
that's why i say...continuous brain farts by our media.

reaching AWACS hanger was easier than tracing and then capturing a living human being.....

for some reason I find it hard to digest but a rocket was fired at AWACS may be the goal was to destory any plane be it il 78, J17 or the awacs and then go for a hostage situation, that was reason they were wearing suicide vests, we saw the similar thing in pns mehran attack

Indeed it was easier, may be that was a diversion, perhaps the involvement of base commander was due to this reason.
I am sure those captured are singing like a Canary.

Senior member of TTP has been taken out in Afghanistan, in co-operation with NATO/ISAF - takfiri is very close to HM.

Senior member of TTP has been taken out in Afghanistan, in co-operation with NATO/ISAF - takfiri is very close to HM.

@bold.. Why would NATO/ISAF help to take out terrorists supported by them?

Maybe they are trying to cover up for their financers?

Every other bearded guy they kill in Afghanistan is some "Important commander/Leader" of Al-Qaeda or Taliban..They been Killing Al qaeda leaders for the last 10 years,so don't get excited on the news they throw at us..
Its all Topi Drama..

If killing leadership had any effect on Terrorism the (allegedly) Killing Osama bin laden should have finished it all..But we see no change what so ever...

I never believed they were after any aircraft. The idea is to create a spectacle. The good thing is that before they reached their objective, they were eliminated. To me objective looked more like occupying a building and engage in a long fire fight. So to keep the attack in the news for a longer period.

Mastan Bhai
, I still can't wrap my mind across the logic that we (alright you and others who've adopted this line of reasoning !) know more about protecting these multi-billion dollar assets then the people who've studied and trained for these exact things for the better part of their professional life ! Come on yaar some fairly venerable names have served in the PAF in general and these named bases in particular....you're telling me they couldn't think up these things and somehow you could ?

Hi,

As I stated many a times---proof is in the pudding. Regardless of what the millitary says or comes out with---they needed that 10 minutes respite from Sipahi Asif---if it was not for that warrior making his stand---it was all gloom and doom.

Remember---security is a frame of mind---please read my signature---.

All secure areas need to have better relationship with the civilian neighbours---that is the first line of defence against the intruders---. They need to be your friends---they need to be your go to guys---they need to be the frontline----and you need to give them security against the terrorists---and you need to find ways to reward them for their good deeds---you need to get them on your side---you need to make them believe in you---this is all about marketing----marketing yourself is one of the biggest part of security---.

Bottomline is that either you have marketed yourself better to your neighbours or your enemies have marketed themselves to your neighbours---it would be rather you who needs to win---.

You need to find ways to have your neighbors contact you in a secure manner---they need to inform you of any new comers in the area---they need to tell you who is doing anything suspicious---. Now think about it---what would something like that cost you---ie the base---some extra sugar---milk---cooking oil---clothing---some other goodies---treat these neighbors right and make them your watchdogs----.

Now where is nuclear science involved in this---now where do you need a rocket scientist to do this job---this is basics---fundamental of security 101---it is the 1st grade class lesson.

These financially poor terrorists are going to find refuge in the poor housing areas or maybe blue color workers areas---that is where they would make their planning---.

As I always say---amongst other things---and that is the 'mantra' of success in my business and every other business---it is always the basics that we forget to enforce that create and cause bigger problems---either in security---where there are not the minimal enough feet on the ground with automatic weapons and transmitters.

So far---all our security breaches have been due to a lack of common sense kind of security enforcement---. None of these breaches have been due to the reason of anything involving high tech items used by the terrorists.

I appreciate the comments of many a posters about this issue---but please----do the basics first---don't ride the wave of technology all the time---. Technology can be sabotaged as well---human factor is still the most important factor in countering tthe challenges of security breaches.

Armstrong---it is not about if they thought about it or not---the issue is here about implementation---the issue here is when the strike occurred why was there not enough security on the parameter.

Every other bearded guy they kill in Afghanistan is some "Important commander/Leader" of Al-Qaeda or Taliban..They been Killing Al qaeda leaders for the last 10 years,so don't get excited on the news they throw at us..
Its all Topi Drama..

If killing leadership had any effect on Terrorism the (allegedly) Killing Osama bin laden should have finished it all..But we see no change what so ever...

Actually the killing of terror leaders has had a significant impact in the terror incidents worldwide.

Iraq is much better now and in most of the world, terror situation is better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom