What's new

Attack on PAF Base Minhas

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can't have that near inhabited areas. The govt. should buy out all land in a one mile radius around each base and make it a no-go zone.

I would say to hell with the inhabited area. People need to get some sense into their thick skulls. They are the reason such attacks take place in the 1st place. My point was similar make the area a no go zone, install the automated turret system and if someone crosses it either by sheer ignorance or the purpose of terrorism will be taken out.

Basically our mentality has to change when it comes to security. From our homes to offices and other work places and police and law enforcement agencies and all the way to the military we regard security as a joke.

It's our Pakistani mentality that we think investing in pre cautionary methods is a waste of money. For those Pakistanis here living abroad and especially in the western world how many of us can honestly say that we have a portable fire extinguisher at home? If we do then most likely it's empty or defected. How many of us can say they check their batteries of their smoke alarms? How many of us keep a first aid kit at home?

And forget about the safety aspects in homes in Pakistan. Problem is our mentality. From regular civilain folks to all the way into military. And of course, after all military is comprised of same people. We spend so much to build or buy our homes and do very little to protect them. Same way in the military, it buys billions of dollars of defence assets and refuses to spend a few millions to safeguard them.

How can we confirm that the attackers have achieved success. How is success measured in this case. Was it completely successful, or they managed to achieve partial success.

One can only comment on this aspect if we exactly know what was their mission, what did they want to accomplish. Chaos, destruction of assets and killing of people, which assets did they want to destroy.

If they manage to damage a particular asset which was presumed to be their main target, the success they achieved has been partial.

The response has to be multi-tiered. We can not plan with surety that a perimeter would not or could not be breached. Therefore various response teams are earmarked and come into play at a certain time and space, depending on their distance from the incident site and the type of response needed.

The system needs to function, irrespective of the commander becoming a casualty, because of his own fault or a long range weapon hitting the place in the rear where he is located. The system replaces the commander, ensures the type of response needed, when to send in additional forces in case the initial response fails or has been partially successful etc etc.

We can only comment on what we may know. In the absence of complete information, appropriate conclusions cannot be reached.

It is never easy to analyse the environment for want of more information and clarity of such information.

I totally agree with you. The Pakistani forces will never learn.

Shame on you, these are the people who are protecting us and our homeland, people like you are basically just internet warriors and i think you just created this ID to say things like that...

If you think this way then what you have to say about the attacks on the todays attack in Afghanistan ?
Where were you when CIA , supported the TTP in Swat by leaving the afghan side posts so they can run away?

If you think you can have better policy of eliminating these sort of attacks, please go and fight on real not on internet from the comfort of you home..

I would say to hell with the inhabited area. People need to get some sense into their thick skulls. They are the reason such attacks take place in the 1st place. My point was similar make the area a no go zone, install the automated turret system and if someone crosses it either by sheer ignorance or the purpose of terrorism will be taken out.

I agree with you, fence the Afghan border with electric fence, anyone tries to cross it illegally will go straight into hell.

Speculation and unconfirmed report about damage to Saab aircraft. its not confirmed and PAF is choosing to keep us guessing including everyone who wants to know

Irfan Bhai, Dawn channel ran a news ticker on 19 august that according to official sources one SAAB / AWACS were 60% destroyed leaving it beyond repair! The assessment team has recommended that the plane might be sent to European country for further assessment

Basically our mentality has to change when it comes to security. From our homes to offices and other work places and police and law enforcement agencies and all the way to the military we regard security as a joke.

It's our Pakistani mentality that we think investing in pre cautionary methods is a waste of money. For those Pakistanis here living abroad and especially in the western world how many of us can honestly say that we have a portable fire extinguisher at home? If we do then most likely it's empty or defected. How many of us can say they check their batteries of their smoke alarms? How many of us keep a first aid kit at home?

And forget about the safety aspects in homes in Pakistan. Problem is our mentality. From regular civilain folks to all the way into military. And of course, after all military is comprised of same people. We spend so much to build or buy our homes and do very little to protect them. Same way in the military, it buys billions of dollars of defence assets and refuses to spend a few millions to safeguard them.

The explanation is simple: Safety/Security costs money. How much does one want to spend on it, specially given scarcity of resources?

The explanation is simple: Safety/Security costs money. How much does one want to spend on it, specially given scarcity of resources?

You missed my point entirely. Yes, I realize the scarcity of resources but my argument was that even IF we had the the funds or were able to arrange funds we'd still won't invest in safety and security because we don't take it very seriously.

You missed my point entirely. Yes, I realize the scarcity of resources but my argument was that even IF we had the the funds or were able to arrange funds we'd still won't invest in safety and security because we don't take it very seriously.

Oh I got your point alright. Given the resources and the adverse law and order situation prevailing these days, actually PAF (and other Arms) are not doing too shabbily on securing their facilities.

Thread started on 2008, over 98,000 views............... .......and still :blah: nothing even on papers :rolleyes:

Welcome to our planet......the thread is barely a week old, where did you pull 2008 from.. :cheesy:

I was reading the posts on the first page of this thread.Couldn't help but laugh at the posts about the base attacked and a lot of personnel killed.That's what happens when your source is the Pakistani news agencies and not actual Airforce sources!Thank God that no real damage occured.

I was reading the posts on the first page of this thread.Couldn't help but laugh at the posts about the base attacked and a lot of personnel killed.That's what happens when your source is the Pakistani news agencies and not actual Airforce sources!Thank God that no real damage occured.

No "real" damage?

What price the reputation of the Armed Forces?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom