What's new

Attack on PAF Base Minhas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

The more I look into this issue without emotion and prejudice---the more I lean towards thinking that there was minimal security at the base---the terrorist were unlucky that they got tracked by a vigilant young son of the soil who ended up stopping a catastrophe---.

When it takes 10 minutes for the security to show up---it means that there was no security---that meant that the base commander was the security detail.

You young and old pakistanis---don't see red---don't get mad at me---don't raise your blood pressure---calm down and think---a base has terror alert---still there is one soldier engaging the culprits---for around 10 plus minutes---think reasonable---you can lie to yourself too---that is okay too---because it is out of habbit and I understand that---but if you step out of your shadow for a moment and look at things with a honest mind---you would begin to realize that you have been deceived by the ones that you trusted the most---.

For 8 terrorists in the open---why was there a need for special forces to come to the rescue---why could the base security detail not take them out---only if the base had any security---they would have.

The truth is---there was nothing called as security---juts barely guard duty---a 20 years old soldier---awake at his job---.

Asim---Najam---Irfan---when you people learn to be honest with your analysis against the very people you cherish and look upto---that is the time you will begin to see a change in your nation---otherwise---you are there---the nation is there---rolling in dirt somewhere---.

So for all the rumors, the SAAB is indeed being damaged? has any being destroyed as well like the stupid loose cannon media is stating?

I don't know about you and those who thanked your cynical & derogatory post towards PAF. As far as i am concerned its called "leading by the example from the front" , it means PAF Generals are not obese , alcohol drinking , disco going morons as many lunatics project on the board. It means that the general had pure milk running through his vain and his father had balls of steel , it means he proved the worth of his training by leading from the front and taking a bullet.

Thats what i think , hit me back & riddle me that !

Hi,

No---it is not your fault----you still thinking like an innocent---you have very poor training if there is any---you still have not learnt to think on your own---you still don't have the ability to think on your own---it is due the our cultural heritage and uprbrining where young men and women are not aloowed to think oput of the box----.

Read my posts kid read my posts---. When you become the base commander 30 years from now and are facing similiar issues---just remember my words---they will carry you through hard times---.

But I like you so far---if you bang your head against me---you might take back a piece of me stuck to your head---and when it is next to your head---guess what---there is only one place it can go---get into your head---. Guess what---it is a win win situation for you and for me---.

Now as for the general---a little brains would have been an icing on the cake.

599271_422258751142886_2087340992_n.jpg
shaheedon ki zammen hay yeh jisy PAKISTAN khety hain
yeh bajar ho kr b buzdil payda ni krti

Hi,

You are so right---what if there were 20 terrorists----seems like the fcked up this time---if there were 20 of them---the paf base would be a toast---and thank you for bringing that out----.

Irfan---Asim---Njam---what iif there were 20 of them---what would have happened then.

It is being stated that the sepoy who died---gave them 10--20 minutes time to get together to respond---has any body caught onto that---10 minutes in a fire fight is a life time---20 minutes is an eternity---.

What that means---is that there was absolutely no preparation to counter the strike---. My god----how pathtic---you people are hounding on me---it is you whom you should be hounding at---you specially Asim---and you too Najam---other kids---hehnnnn---you are too innocnet.

The way things are going in the military, I don't think they've even consider such an attack happening. Theyre thinking all attacks will consist of 5-10 gurealla style.

And I'm sure ttp is planning something more sinister right now. Forget 20 terrorists what if it's 50 or a hundred? Like how when they attacked Pak check posts in fata, in big numbers, over came the soldiers, captured them and cut their heads off.

And don't say50-100 is too big a number, they'll be spotted. We have seen the efficiency of the police, who has failed to intercept them beforehand time and again and terrorist approached the gates of their target.

Once they begin that kind of attack in such numbers, you can bet your bases will be done for. And these fools will keep on thinking if they should attack them in there hideouts or not.

Hi,

The more I look into this issue without emotion and prejudice---the more I lean towards thinking that there was minimal security at the base---the terrorist were unlucky that they got tracked by a vigilant young son of the soil who ended up stopping a catastrophe---.

When it takes 10 minutes for the security to show up---it means that there was no security---that meant that the base commander was the security detail.

You young and old pakistanis---don't see red---don't get mad at me---don't raise your blood pressure---calm down and think---a base has terror alert---still there is one soldier engaging the culprits---for around 10 plus minutes---think reasonable---you can lie to yourself too---that is okay too---because it is out of habbit and I understand that---but if you step out of your shadow for a moment and look at things with a honest mind---you would begin to realize that you have been deceived by the ones that you trusted the most---.

For 8 terrorists in the open---why was there a need for special forces to come to the rescue---why could the base security detail not take them out---only if the base had any security---they would have.

The truth is---there was nothing called as security---juts barely guard duty---a 20 years old soldier---awake at his job---.

Asim---Najam---Irfan---when you people learn to be honest with your analysis against the very people you cherish and look upto---that is the time you will begin to see a change in your nation---otherwise---you are there---the nation is there---rolling in dirt somewhere---.

Mastan Khan ........ my worst fear is that the way it is being 'projected', Air HQ may give this Base Commander a medal and a pat on the back. Thanks to the mediocre mentality amply represented in posts of some of the jiyalas here, future commanders are going to be doomed too! You asked what is wrong with the military in Pakistan today? I say simply read the posts here that are trying to defend the actions of this criminal base commander at Minhas. 'Tunnel Vision' is a terrible disease and we see it spreading like an epidemic around us!

I sure hope that the Air HQ investigation committee works above the level of emotions and prejudice and partiality (as are being displayed in this thread by some) and serve severe punishment to those whose negligence caused this incident to happen in the first place. Without enforcement of discipline, chaos will ensue in the ranks to follow.

But it is fact , few months ago say tv program. Where defence analyst accepted the fact that PAF has best security for its bases compare to other two forces. May its all because with new fleet of F16, US crew keep on working with PAF for ground security.

But it is fact , few months ago say tv program. Where defence analyst accepted the fact that PAF has best security for its bases compare to other two forces. May its all because with new fleet of F16, US crew keep on working with PAF for ground security.

Yes we have seen that 'best security' in action that cannot even stop 9 on-foot thugs from entering the Minhas base and destroying expensive and strategic assets!! :blah:

What if in a future incident, initial attack is launched by a smaller decoy team far away from the actual target, and when the security teams are focussed there, a second or third major attack is launched on the actual target?

What happened to the good old watch towers with search lights, snipers and machine guns?

Why can't PAF use drones or attack helis equipped with night visin to monitr/neutralize attackers?

What happened to intelligence in the vicinity of the critical installations?

If multiple attacks on millitary installations deep inside Pakistan are not enough, what else would make millitary high command realize that Pakkistan is at war with very schrewed, clever, skilled and determined enemy?

Why not establish red zone around all critical installations and shoot any/everyone on violation?

What security do we have on our water supply? waht if they are poisoned?

Security needs to get paranoid and heavy handed if it wants to avoid any such future incident?

Warn india and afghanistan that if their involvent is found we will retaliate with out hesitation.

**** afghan brethern, nuke the mother fuckers, they have casued us so much trouble since 1979.

Gas the TTP scumbags in their caves and mountains, what the **** are we waiting for?

Hi,

You are so right---what if there were 20 terrorists----seems like they fcked up this time---if there were 20 of them---the paf base would be a toast---and thank you for bringing that out----.

Irfan---Asim---Njam---what iif there were 20 of them---what would have happened then.

It is being stated that the sepoy who died---gave them 10--20 minutes time to get together to respond---has any body caught onto that---10 minutes in a fire fight is a life time---20 minutes is an eternity---.

What that means---is that there was absolutely no preparation to counter the strike---. My god----how pathtic---you people are hounding on me---it is you whom you should be hounding at---you specially Asim---and you too Najam---other kids---hehnnnn---you are too innocnet.

Mastan Sahab,

Asim, Aeronaut, IB, Najam... You are all right with your views. The first post by Sir Mastan said excellent idea on the inclusion of Base Commander. But posts by others are right in their context too (except for criticism for the poster).

The most likely situation in my view is, the Base Commander knows his responsibility which includes safety of all aircraft present there. Since PAF Base Minhas at the time had Saab-2000 and IL-78 (not the mention the PAC Complex), he knes that he, his men and the base is screwed up. With experience from PNS Mehran, he immediately rushed to the scene to witness what is going on.... curiosity.

However the things were not that bad and he decided to lead the team from within the firing range. This doesn't prove that he has taken part in the fire-fight with a weapon or not.

If I were him, I would have done the same thing. Hearing certain explosions, on a major base, sounds of firing and RPGs being fired; I would have jumped on my feet and gone to the point of engagement. Not all commanders like to stay back in safe zone and direct the operation.

There is a difference in the base commander joining mid-fight after directing (which means being out-numbered or losing onto the enemy most likely) and engaging on hearing first shots.

Mastan Sahab,

Asim, Aeronaut, IB, Najam... You are all right with your views. The first post by Sir Mastan said excellent idea on the inclusion of Base Commander. But posts by others are right in their context too (except for criticism for the poster).

The most likely situation in my view is, the Base Commander knows his responsibility which includes safety of all aircraft present there. Since PAF Base Minhas at the time had Saab-2000 and IL-78 (not the mention the PAC Complex), he knes that he, his men and the base is screwed up. With experience from PNS Mehran, he immediately rushed to the scene to witness what is going on.... curiosity.

However the things were not that bad and he decided to lead the team from within the firing range. This doesn't prove that he has taken part in the fire-fight with a weapon or not.

If I were him, I would have done the same thing. Hearing certain explosions, on a major base, sounds of firing and RPGs being fired; I would have jumped on my feet and gone to the point of engagement. Not all commanders like to stay back in safe zone and direct the operation.

There is a difference in the base commander joining mid-fight after directing (which means being out-numbered or losing onto the enemy most likely) and engaging on hearing first shots.
Just imagine for minute, Base Commander is responsible for the security of over 2.86 Billion dollar of military assets. Only one plane receive minor damage from RPG fragments (which was later revel by PAF). But it is fact, I see our forces somehow has lack of motivation to confront these terrorist. Must have reason behind that .......economic issue,lack of willingness to confront ????

Hi,

No---it is not your fault----you still thinking like an innocent---you have very poor training if there is any---you still have not learnt to think on your own---you still don't have the ability to think on your own---it is due the our cultural heritage and uprbrining where young men and women are not aloowed to think oput of the box----.

Read my posts kid read my posts---. When you become the base commander 30 years from now and are facing similiar issues---just remember my words---they will carry you through hard times---.

But I like you so far---if you bang your head against me---you might take back a piece of me stuck to your head---and when it is next to your head---guess what---there is only one place it can go---get into your head---. Guess what---it is a win win situation for you and for me---.

Now as for the general---a little brains would have been an icing on the cake.

Thanks MK.

I am sure there were security lapses , that is typical of us Pakistanis. I do hope Mehran and Minhas served as a warning shot for the armed forces and their asset protection strategies.

We know who is after our maritime and air borne early warning assets , they should be made to pay in one way or the other.

What if in a future incident, initial attack is launched by a smaller decoy team far away from the actual target, and when the security teams are focussed there, a second or third major attack is launched on the actual target?What happened to the good old watch towers with search lights, snipers and machine guns?

Why can't PAF use drones or attack helis equipped with night visin to monitr/neutralize attackers?

What happened to intelligence in the vicinity of the critical installations?

If multiple attacks on millitary installations deep inside Pakistan are not enough, what else would make millitary high command realize that Pakkistan is at war with very schrewed, clever, skilled and determined enemy?

Why not establish red zone around all critical installations and shoot any/everyone on violation?

What security do we have on our water supply? waht if they are poisoned?

Security needs to get paranoid and heavy handed if it wants to avoid any such future incident?

Warn india and afghanistan that if their involvent is found we will retaliate with out hesitation.

**** afghan brethern, nuke the mother fuckers, they have casued us so much trouble since 1979.

Gas the TTP scumbags in their caves and mountains, what the **** are we waiting for?

So far I know, there is SOP that once a threat/attack is detected, the info immediately spread to all foces who is manning the vital installations and will be extra vigil. Only the RAF & the forces who were directly challenged will act against the perpetrators.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom