What's new

Attack on PAF Base Minhas

Status
Not open for further replies.
So foolish post by Mastan Khan...please wakeup from your dream world where everything you are assume happens.

The information I have gathered from some "men in blue" is that before Ramadan Operational Readiness Inspection (ORI) was conducted in Minhas. Based on the Intel reports, this time theme was not a traditional air-strike rather a terrorist attack..similar to PNS Mehran.

Each and every person of the base participated in the Exercise, even PAC hospital (situated there) took part. The operational readiness level achieved by this recent ORI and bravery of Sepoy were the two main reasons why PAF was successful in this operation.

Najam Bhai,,, App To Purani Indian Films may anay walay Hero lagtay ho kasam say. Express Tribune wali PIC give that feeling :D

Najam Bhai,,, App To Purani Indian Films may anay walay Hero lagtay ho kasam say. Express Tribune wali PIC give that feeling :D

nhi yaar i liked him he look modern gentleman :enjoy:

What a fcuking dumb response!!

Preparedness is to DENY entry to an intruder! Of Course the element of surprise is with the TTP as no one on the base has any perimeter surveillance to even raise an alarm of these thugs surveying the area, burying the cache of arms, digging them out to carry out the mission. Alarm was only raised when TTP terrorists breached the outer perimeter and penetrated deep into the base just like PNS Mehran incident. The base commander is DIRECTLY responsible for the security of the base. He FAILED Miserably in his assigned job irrespective if he lead form the front or the rear!! The death of the base commander would not have raised the moral of the base as this is NOT and INFANTRY fighting unit engaged face-to-face with the TTP guerrillas in Waziristan. It would have raised hue and cry from the rest of the country and everyone would have thought that it is a piece of cake to walk into a base and shoot the Commander. Your vision above is a 'Tonga Horse' view only seeing what is in front and not aware of the reality around! The reason Mastan Khan has understood and appreciated the analysis is because it gives a realistic approach to the situation and not the usual Fauji 'ALLAH HO AKBAR WE WON AND WE HAVE DEFEATED THE ENEMY'!! YADA YADA YADA!!

Thank you for your kind words. Your icompetence along with your cowardice is quite clear as you swear and belittle every member that disagrees with you.

If there are more leaders like you within our ranks then god help the poor soldiers who are serving under the likes of you.

Thank you for your kind words. Your icompetence along with your cowardice is quite clear as you swear and belittle every member that disagrees with you.

If there are more leaders like you within our ranks then god help the poor soldiers who are serving under the likes of you.

He is inspired from Kamran Shafi ;)

So foolish post by Mastan Khan...please wakeup from your dream world where everything you are assume happens.

The information I have gathered from some "men in blue" is that before Ramadan Operational Readiness Inspection (ORI) was conducted in Minhas. Based on the Intel reports, this time theme was not a traditional air-strike rather a terrorist attack..similar to PNS Mehran.

Each and every person of the base participated in the Exercise, even PAC hospital (situated there) took part. The operational readiness level achieved by this recent ORI and bravery of Sepoy were the two main reasons why PAF was successful in this operation.

MK has been very harsh in his criticism and has made some comments based on assumptions. its an extreme point of view and I have no problem with that.

what I have problem with is,

these so called "insiders" must keep their mouths shut who are constantly feeding the rumour mills. I am sure people will be talking on other social media websites as well, some of them will be fabrications and lies that they know someone in the base but there is a big chance that "someone" in the base will be having a hard chance to contain it to himself and get a little fame and self importance while the news is hot. so the possible failure here is debrief of the civilian and military personnel working at the base.

the other potential blunder was that the commander bringing himself in the harms way and getting shot as well. had the bullets hit him in some vital parts of his body then that would have been a disaster and a bonus jackpot for the TTP.
I don’t agree with Mastan’s claim that he joined in the fight because of lack of security personal or to save his 50+ hide for the possible incompetence and weakness in the base security because even that action wouldn’t have saved him if any of that allegations are true. But if that IS the case and somehow commodore Azam managed to Bull the PAF top brass by taking a bullet on the arm then such leadership doesn’t deserve to exist on the planet. I simply don’t buy it, commodore acted out of panic because his Naval colleague acted like a complete yellow bellied chicken shite during the Mehran base attack.

pre-empting such attacks maybe too much to ask and neutralizing these terrorists in their bases and hideouts might be too controversial because we are still suffering the blowback from Lal masjid operation.

Terrorists have the initiative and they have the choice, they have the sympathisers and insiders as well. Thanks to our legal system we have let go hundreds of sworn terrorists. For the past 4 years we only legislated to safeguard corruption or bypass the court rulings but didn’t bother with amendments in terror laws.

So what we can actually do is wait for the next attack and maybe use some unconventional weapons, I really don’t want to spell them out but will invite the military planners to have a look at the different methods used by special forces across the globe. The equipment, methods and weapons are not hard to come by and we have some of them already. Special forces already think outside the box and thinks as the enemy thinks so I hope for the sake of the country that they don’t just rely on assault rifles for now and use what other stuff they have at hand. I chose not to disclose it just in case TTP decides to use it instead of our response force.

A leader leading his troops into battlefield himself and putting himself in front is the most courageous and battleworthy thing ever. A normal soldier becomes superhuman all of a sudden knowing his commander is right there with him, fighting and facing the barrage of bullets and bombs with his soldiers.

sorry to disagree but this base commander was stupid to present himself on a platter to the TTP as a bonus. your analogy doesnt apply here. this was a gorilla attack. looking at the waist line and his age I dont think he would have managed more than 50 steps and got shot by a stray bullet. mind you, this is just my personal point of view and you have every right to disagree.
I am not insulting the commander, I am just peed off with him for being a jerk and putting himself in the firing line and giving TTP another trophy.

I do salute the fallen soldiers though who challenged and took out a few terrorists and bought time for the special response team to arrive and confine the terrorists

Absolutely amazing analysis by some. In the same post the Naval base comander at Mehran is called a yellow bellied coward (for not leading from the front) AND in the same breath - the Minhas base commander is told that he has no right to exist on the planet -- because he did lead from the front. So what would you have the base comander of the next attacked base do?? Arrest all the villagers around his base well in advance and burn the villages down?? Command from the control room and get struck down as a coward?? Go lead his men in defending his base and get called an idiot for nearly giving the enemy a great prize??

The Minhas base commander showed that he will happily give up his life to defend his base - and when he showed this every other man under his command would feel obliged / honour bound to do the same. How many soldiers will contemplate falling back if their commander is fighting in front of them? It was this level of bravery and devotion to duty from everyone - from the commander at the top to the 20 year old sentry at at the bottom which averted disaster for Pakistan and PAF on 17th Aug 2012.

I really don’t want to spell them out but will invite the military planners to have a look at the different methods used by special forces across the globe. The equipment, methods and weapons are not hard to come by and we have some of them already. Special forces already think outside the box and thinks as the enemy thinks so I hope for the sake of the country that they don’t just rely on assault rifles for now and use what other stuff they have at hand. I chose not to disclose it just in case TTP decides to use it instead of our response force.

IB, I do agree with you about using the "non-standard" platforms against the TTP & Co. However, time and again, I come across this assumption that the enemy is stupid and we shouldn't strengthen their hand by mentioning 'stuff' here.

My take is:

* Enemy is pretty smart, I mean other than the foot soldiers, they have some seriously intelligent people advising them.
* They can create modular strategies and evolve on the go.
* They in *all probability* are privy to *insider tips*
* They certainly have access to *modern weapons* and *tactics* that we so wishfully think shouldn't have access to.

We need specialized units at par or better than the Brazilian and Mexican _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ with full *unconditional* backing of all branches of the armed forces and full immunity from the judicial mumbo jumbo to succeed.

In short, we should stop thinking of the enemy as naive and stupid. This is our greatest mistake. As long as we think that they are *just* a rag tag bunch of loonies, we will prepare accordingly

First and foremost, we need to clear our *threat perception* of the enemy. Else we're doomed, even before we begin!

IB, I do agree with you about using the "non-standard" platforms against the TTP & Co. However, time and again, I come across this assumption that the enemy is stupid and we shouldn't strengthen their hand by mentioning 'stuff' here.

My take is:

* Enemy is pretty smart, I mean other than the foot soldiers, they have some seriously intelligent people advising them.
* They can create modular strategies and evolve on the go.
* They in *all probability* are privy to *insider tips*
* They certainly have access to *modern weapons* and *tactics* that we so wishfully think shouldn't have access to.

We need specialized units at par or better than the Brazilian and Mexican _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ with full *unconditional* backing of all branches of the armed forces and full immunity from the judicial mumbo jumbo to succeed.

In short, we should stop thinking of the enemy as naive and stupid. This is our greatest mistake. As long as we think that they are *just* a rag tag bunch of loonies, we will prepare accordingly

First and foremost, we need to clear our *threat perception* of the enemy. Else we're doomed, even before we begin!

and their next target will be ZDK-03 which is stupidity of us parked at masroor air base in open air

pre-empting such attacks maybe too much to ask and neutralizing these terrorists in their bases and hideouts might be too controversial because we are still suffering the blowback from Lal masjid operation.

Terrorists have the initiative and they have the choice, they have the sympathisers and insiders as well. Thanks to our legal system we have let go hundreds of sworn terrorists. For the past 4 years we only legislated to safeguard corruption or bypass the court rulings but didn’t bother with amendments in terror laws.

So what we can actually do is wait for the next attack and maybe use some unconventional weapons, I really don’t want to spell them out but will invite the military planners to have a look at the different methods used by special forces across the globe. The equipment, methods and weapons are not hard to come by and we have some of them already. Special forces already think outside the box and thinks as the enemy thinks so I hope for the sake of the country that they don’t just rely on assault rifles for now and use what other stuff they have at hand. I chose not to disclose it just in case TTP decides to use it instead of our response

Sir, I respectfully disagree with you have written here and this seems to be the mentality of the armed forces, too. That We can't take action directly due to certain Social and religious reasons.

Sir, have you heard the saying, nipping it in the bud? I'm sure you have. This is what needs to be do e here. If you continue to cater to the terrorist for the reasons you have listed then we are doomed. The country is doomed,

They attacked the army headquarter, they moved on to the Navy, inflicted heavy losses and today it's the airforce. We are not even fully sure of the extent of damage they have caused here.

If things continue this way and no action is taken against them then I can guarantee you the next attack will be at a secret nuclear facility. The army must come out of this thinking that they have to appease Asma Jahngir likes and take careful measures.

You don't win wars that way. You gots to go all out. Nip it in the bud. Destroy them right where they stand. No court proceedings, no arrests. Military justice, ya hum nehi ya woh nehi. Forget about what people are going to say, people talk, that's what they do, but theyll move on.

Absolutely amazing analysis by some. In the same post the Naval base comander at Mehran is called a yellow bellied coward (for not leading from the front) AND in the same breath - the Minhas base commander is told that he has no right to exist on the planet -- because he did lead from the front. So what would you have the base comander of the next attacked base do?? Arrest all the villagers around his base well in advance and burn the villages down?? Command from the control room and get struck down as a coward?? Go lead his men in defending his base and get called an idiot for nearly giving the enemy a great prize??

The Minhas base commander showed that he will happily give up his life to defend his base - and when he showed this every other man under his command would feel obliged / honour bound to do the same. How many soldiers will contemplate falling back if their commander is fighting in front of them? It was this level of bravery and devotion to duty from everyone - from the commander at the top to the 20 year old sentry at at the bottom which averted disaster for Pakistan and PAF on 17th Aug 2012.

right on TAC a true leader leads from the front. it is cowards who pull up rank and hide behind the foot soldiers. u only win battles by exhibiting courage, bravery and leadership while cowards bring shame, dishonor and loss

All the medals ever awarded across the globe are awarded for courage, bravery and leadership under difficult circumstances/under fire. all such people are remembered for this and in some cases have been remembered for centuries.
no one remembers cowards, while not least in positive terms.
no one lives forever and most die on a bed.

This attack was most probably conducted on the lines of Irish republican Army...

9 men with heavy weapons trespassing populated villages on the night when most or many villagers were awake isn't possible,and couldn't have gone unnoticed....
The Attackers (I am using the word Attackers not terrorists) must have been "Dumping" weapons and equipment near the wall of the base over extended period of time..Same way as IRA used to do..They never had one big movement of men and ammunition at single time..Instead they did it bit by bit and that way avoided raising suspicion.
Say a random guy strolling in the fields or hills outside the base with half a part of RPG under his shawl or bean bag and then dumping it at a pre agreed and well hidden point....wont raise any suspicion and even if caught wont be much of a loss for the would be Attackers,as they lost one man and half an RPG..
Like that over a few weeks or even months large amount of munition,wire cutting tools and ladders which were transported bit by bit and the assembled on the night of attack...

So i am not sure about inside help...
But there looks like a lot of "Outside help" from local area

The red spot is where "Presumably" the awacs were parked...How many check posts..or what looks like check posts on Gmaps you can count surrounding it?

7812101130_1a2b7e8030_b.jpg

Sir, may be your opinion is fit for modern day tactics and warfare (which most probably a westernized style), but in older times the leader not only planning but themselves successfully involved in battles. For proof, I can honourably mention the name of Hazrat Khalid Bin Waleed (Razi Allah Unho), who got countless battle wounds on his body.

How about Salah ud din Ayubi---. But this is not a battle---it is supposedly a minor skirmish with 8 insurgents----.

You people need to be ashamed and embarrassed about this issue---but you want to thump your chest at the failure---.

If you remember Rawalpindi parade lane incident, then you would know of Maj general Bilal, who had grabbed one of the terrorists and in the process of struggling with terrorists he was killed. So now if we go by your theory, he should have fled the scene like general yousaf and shouldn't have saved lives of so many people there including children. As for Kamra attack, it wasn't a gladiators arena that the base commander should have enjoyed his men being killed by terrorists, while he watched all that from his safe office. Did it occur to you that his actions may have saved lives of many soldiers there? Just because he was senior to all those fighting terrorists so he shouldn't have joined them, WOW very sensitive logic! When you are in a battle field there are no seniors or juniors, just your men and enemy.

My Boy,

It is okay to argue with me---and you can come ut swinging as well---I don't mind---because you are my kids---if you don't learn from me and don't try it on me---who else would you try it on.

If the general had a side arm---he did not need to have struggled with the terrorist---he did not understand the threat level and paid the price with his life---.

Now---your analysis of my post is absolutely pathetic----bases have command and control centers---the base comander is required to stay in charge---to guide the retaliation----.

You kids have no clue what I am talking about---I feel sorry for the education that you have gotten about these issues---your perception of the issue is very tragic----I feel ashamed at your lack of knowledge and understanding---.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom