What's new

Attack on PAF Base Minhas

Status
Not open for further replies.
319297_422255517809876_1369158713_n.jpg

This man certainly deserves the highest level of Award here and reward hereafter....

I think a liquidation program with a military tribunal sitting in secret - sentencing takfiri to death, with the takfiri being taken out by "wet work" operatives - with total deniability is the order of the day. The only way we can control these sob's - the courts are too weak to sort this out.

We do think alike. Kudos for the great idea! :D

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people." ~ Eleanor Roosevelt

Oscar I am not good witter and I dont know about you except you are think tank. Today's India got screwed UP due to weak system and impotent politicians.

I do not want to insult my country and its no where near to topic too. But as you can see lot of scams and citizens are so afraid in own county make no sense of governance. We are moving so fast towards destruction and collapse of democratic country.

Take it or leave it.

Oscar I am not good witter and I dont know about you except you are think tank. Today's India got screwed UP due to weak system and impotent politicians.

I do not want to insult my country and its no where near to topic too. But as you can see lot of scams and citizens are so afraid in own county make no sense of governance. We are moving so fast towards destruction and collapse of democratic country.

Take it or leave it.

I think the issue is more of differential development.. and the quality of politics available to the people of the whole subcontinent. However, India's democratic path is far better and ensures better accountability at the end...AS LONG AS EDUCATION KEEPS RISING.

However, this is beyond the topic.. so this discussion may end here to be carried out elsewhere later.

Personnel reliability system, needs restructuring, so that all loose cannons can be dealt with in time.

May not be the case here..
Kamra airbase is surrounded by buildings tall enough to get a peek into the base..
what is needed is curtailing the height of the civilian construction surrounding the base and not permitting further construction within a certain perimeter.

Please pardon us young and inexperienced bucks for not being able to follow your primitive slave master rituals when a subordinate is in fight for his life.

Right! I would like to answer that in a more firm tone, but then your declaration of your age reminded me of not arguing with an idiot! Please also add lack of vision and common sense with your inexperience and delinquent attitude. People like you never make it beyond the first star! On the next attack, please also invite the CAS and his Staff Officers to join in the fireworks!!!! It is precisely this very 'SANU NAA DASO, SANU SUB KUJ AANDAA JAY' thinking that causes these rag head to give the military a bloody nose each and every time!

Take it or leave it.

Though off topic.

Relax, we are no where close to what you fear. In any case don't we elect these politicians ?

We get what we vote.

He had three check posts in place, which were breached but the base was not breached
Are you serious man? Have you googled up the area?

Terrorists entered the base from village side,.... came across NO checkpost, what so ever.
The were laden with logistics and in a group of nine.
They successfully crossed the wall, dugedup a cover and initialized their equipment.

Please, check your comments again.

The problem does not lie with the base commander which serves 2-3 years on this post at most.
Problem lies with base commander alone, unlucky soul, could have been better than others, but try to understand the role of leadership!
Doesn't matter what your predecessor have done or what you have been inherited... commander does not mean to follow, it means to lead. You know what i think... on first day of his arrival he should have implemented his own system, if the previous one was bogus but even if the previous one was perfect, he should have worked on its improvement.

The problem lies in the overall security policy of the country. The Pind Makkhan population did not grow right up to Kamra during his tenure. This sort of massive population re-arrangement away from security zones is the responsibility of the government.

That's very true but base commander failed in his capacity and acted because there was no real security to help.
We also do not know did the rocket was fired first or alarm's were triggered first.

There is appreciation to be given to the person who runs towards the sound of gun fire.
Put your self in his shoes and think what choices have you made?

We all know the competence of the people jinki pant gheeli hojati hai on the sound of a fight. So please, the guy took a bullet for this country and then some more, whatever he stinks off, the foul smell of your words are drowning it.
He may be a competent and brave officer, but at the same time, responsible for the mess.
Trust me security could have been better, even if we ignore the technical aspects of security plan.
He simply could have appointed two guards together, instead of singles. He shall have never accepted the parking of strategic assets in midst of dens population.

I can't believe the drawing room experts who give such absolute statements jese uss pata nahi security and strategy ki Quran and Hadith unho ne hi likhi ho
If you are referring to MK, than you think he has not past a security check post ever in his life or he has never seen any international standard security installation!
I'm no soldier but.. i have crossed security perimeters around the globe, i have seen countries at risk of terrorism and crossed their check posts!
I can conveniently say Pakistan security arrangements sucks, they are all casual.

It may be TTP or any of the hundreds of others that roam your streets. It is still your own mess.

Even if it's our mess, it's all the more interesting to see what kind of people a MESS seems to attract. ;)

Time to invade Afghanistan -

TTP , Taliban , ABCD , what ever ...

Put them in line and let the JF17 Thunder and Alkhalid l0ose

Comment about the solider PAF that died ,
Deserves a Nishan e Haider , no doubt , these soliders saved strategic assets worth billions

This man certainly deserves the highest level of Award here and reward hereafter....

A totally useless fact!! However, salutations to this brave DSG grunt for doing his job effectively!! These are the silent soldiers who lay down their lives without the want of any award or reward and should be treated with the utmost respect and honour!

Any chance spy drones & settelites, being used by the handlers to confirm presence of AWACS?

Here is a post by our Think Tank, Najam Khan:

You beat me:D. I am posting its original version, Experss tribune has edited it to meet theme of their paper.

Kamra Air Force Base Attack: Some Thoughts

On the night of August 15 and the Holy night of 27th Ramadan a bunch of militants pounded the heart of Pakistan Air Force (PAF) Base Minhas situated at Kamra, this is also the place where Pakistan Aeronautical Complex (PAC) a leading aviation and defence production centre of Pakistanis located.

The intruders were not just a bunch of well trained, twisted-minded terrorists who could jump in the fire for fun. Neither was it a random attack by suicide bombers with loads of ammunition in their backpacks. It was deliberate and well-planned attack that was precisely executed and skilfully targeted. Unlike most of the earlier attacks on Pakistani forces the targets were not the soldiers.

The terrorists adopted the same mission profile they used in attack on PNS Mehran at Karachi on 22 May 2011, in which terrorists took advantage of civilian populated section of the base, using night as a cover, military uniforms for deception, lethal and automatic weapons like Rocket Propelled Grenade (RPG) for quick and precise attack. They were aided by modern equipment like Night Vision Goggles (NVG) for better situational awareness at night. Furthermore, this time terrorists took the advantage of strategic surprise by attacking on the Holy night of 27 Ramadan…any practicing Muslim would have been praying that night. Arabs did the same with the Israelis in the Yom Kippur War 1973. Attack on Yom Kippur, an important religious day for Jews, caught the Israeli forces by surprise and the advancing Arab forces accrued great advantage from this tactic.
The Kamra attack raises two major questions: why Minhas Air Force Base (AFB)? And why attack air surveillance systems only?

Minhas AFB is one of the most important air bases of PAF. The major part of the geographic location is shared by PAC, which comprises of four factories i.e. Aircraft Manufacturing Factory (AMF), Avionics Production Factory (APF), Mirage Rebuild Factory (MRF) and Aircraft Rebuild Factory (ARF). These factories build, repair and overhaul major weapons systems of PAF including JF-17 Thunder, Mirage-III/V, F-7P/PG, K-8, Mushshak/Super Mushshak aircraft, low-level and high-level radar systems and engine overhaul of C-130, Y-12 and Boeing-777 aircraft.
Minhas AFB is home to two operational fighter squadrons (namely No.14 squadron equipped with Chinese F-7P aircraft and No.16 squadron with Pak-China JF-17 Thunder aircraft), a Search and Rescue Squadron with Alouette-III helicopters and an air-surveillance squadron comprising of Saab-2000 Airborne Early Warning and Control Systems (AEW&C). Some C-130 transport aircraft and IL-78 Multirole tanker and transport aircraft are also stationed on the base.

Minhas AFB is located near densely populated city of Attock. Back in 1974, it was amongst the lowest populated areas of the district Attock. Today various villages are situated in the outskirts of the base…For reader’s interest; the main road of PAC (on which all four factories are located) was fully open to public till the suicide attack on the road of the base in late 2007.
All these reasons made Minhas AFB the prized target for terrorists. Now coming to the second question i.e. why attack air surveillance systems only?

As mentioned in the beginning of this article that the terrorists adopted mission profile used in attack on PNS Mehran, in which RPG were fired on P-3 Orion Maritime Surveillance Aircraft. That resulted in complete destruction of two of such systems and one Sea King Helicopter as well.
Just like P-3 Orions of Pak Navy (PN), Saab-2000 AEW&C aircraft are very expensive, long range air-surveillance systems. The Saab-2000 AEW&C has a range of up to 450km. It can provide battlefield picture, information about enemy targets (in air, land or sea), enhance situation awareness of combat fleet of PAF by sharing target information. Also, it can continuously remain in the air for a very long period of time.

Saab-2000 AEW&C is not a system to be used in on-going fight in Federally Administrated Tribal Areas (FATA). It is an India-centric system. The long-range, high-endurance and deep radar coverage capability of Saab-2000 AEW&C can challenge India’s air superiority in the region. This aircraft is a part of Command, Control, Communications, Computers and Intelligence (C4I) network centric system of PAF. For India, achieving air-superiority without getting the best of such air surveillance systems is not possible. Air battles of today and future will not entirely rely on well-equipped fighter units penetrating enemy air space. The network centric system of war, which includes AEW&C systems sharing battlefield information with fighter units, ground units and battleships will form the order of battle. Now, AEW&C systems are not much of a threat for militants. The question to ponder upon is: are the terrorists attacking Pakistan’s AEW&C and surveillance systems at the behest of another country? This takes state sponsoring of terrorism at a whole new level. It is a manifestation of sub-conventional warfare. What would Pakistani decision-makers do to counter this strategic nightmare? My sense is that they will have to go to whatever limits they consider essential, in their threat perception.

To address these challenges, Pakistani armed forces have to beef up the security of its military installations. Particularly, all those bases with force multiplier systems and air-surveillance systems should be given extra security. All those military bases with residential areas in their outskirts need to be monitored on routinely basis. One must complement the Air Force for a job very well done, as there is no room for complacency. In the present on-going security situation we cannot be relaxed at any given time. Multi-layered security should be made possible in all areas of bases…One thing is for sure, the attackers don’t use the front door anymore.
God bless Pakistan. Amen

A slightly different version of this article was published in The Express Tribune, August 19, 2012.

So foolish post by Mastan Khan...please wakeup from your dream world where everything you are assume happens.

The information I have gathered from some "men in blue" is that before Ramadan Operational Readiness Inspection (ORI) was conducted in Minhas. Based on the Intel reports, this time theme was not a traditional air-strike rather a terrorist attack..similar to PNS Mehran.

Each and every person of the base participated in the Exercise, even PAC hospital (situated there) took part. The operational readiness level achieved by this recent ORI and bravery of Sepoy were the two main reasons why PAF was successful in this operation.

So foolish post by Mastan Khan...please wakeup from your dream world where everything you are assume happens.

The information I have gathered from some "men in blue" is that before Ramadan Operational Readiness Inspection (ORI) was conducted in Minhas. Based on the Intel reports, this time theme was not a traditional air-strike rather a terrorist attack..similar to PNS Mehran.

Each and every person of the base participated in the Exercise, even PAC hospital (situated there) took part. The operational readiness level achieved by this recent ORI and bravery of Sepoy were the two main reasons why PAF was successful in this operation.

Typical Pakistani mentality.. what I say is right.. the rest are all wrong.
Wait.. that doesn't sound right at all :lol:

The fact that the whole security response worked like clockwork.. and that the operational commanders had eyes in the air(and from another level as well ;) ) is testament to the improvement made since Mehran.

It may be TTP or any of the hundreds of others that roam your streets. It is still your own mess.

Yes, your are right, but the mess (TTP) is still alive due to their artries which have leads to someone who is supplying them with vital logistics.

Some nations very fond of fabricating 'proof' and tried to blame Pakistan for everything.:blah:
When same question fielded about TTP then those 'knowledgeables' suddenly becomes mute...:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom