What's new

Attack on PAF Base Minhas

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was success on part of military that there was negligible damge. It was failure on thier overall to not able to stop such attacks from materializing.

The difference between response to Mehran and Kamra is very stark. This time, the attackers were not allowed to enter the premises.

Overall, the terror of TTP is on the wane. This is not optimistic statement but realistic. Compare today's Pakistan with the 2008-09 chaos ravaged by TTP. They only have a small part of NWA to plan and execute operations but that will soon be taken away. But as their space in the country is shrinking, their support from across the border is still there.

I compare TTP with FSA. Both non-state actors supported by the gang of rich nations and regional wannabes. This is a successful model to bring chaos from within. After all, its locals against compatriot's throat achieving a strategic objective for someone. With a few million dollars in aid and cheap arms available everywhere, these militias can be turned into a potent force.

All members
please avoid quoting a troll
and avoid continuing to discuss the troll once he has been banned and then resort to usual personal fight that has nothing to do with the thread.

dont post anything that has nothing to do with the thread directly. I deleted over 70 posts without giving infractions although a good number of them were breaking rules. next time infractions might follow. so please avoid that

All these recent attacks after Kamra base re nothing more then an (unfortunately successful) attempt to move the headlines from that attack to other more pressing fresh attacks..........

I seriously think that the 2013 elections are now too far away for any changes to come. People like Imran Khan and Difa e Pakistan need to come out now for a revolution change. This has never been a choice by the leaders in fear that outside forces, like India will take full advantage of the situation and arm people to begin a full on civil war, but now the situation is very clear and with the recent attacks pinpointing at specific targets, leaders need to get the ball rolling and get the youth onto the streets and force a change in the leadership

Soon the US will pass into Law the Haqqani network a terrorist organisation. By Law, they then have the unilateral right to attack them by entering Pakistani soil. With AWACS out of the way, Pakistan has lost any, if at all the ability to detect such incursions. On top of that, lets not forget the words of Mike Mullen that the ISI uses such networks as its extended arm. Those words and lack of action by Pakistan to challenge such words will haunt Pakistan severely in the coming few months. Coupled with the fact that the US has been using Iran as a roost to move its warships into the gulf further, what is it now, 5 carrier fleets.

I think it was pretty stupid on part of the Minhas Base Commander to come out with his sub-ordinates with guns blazing in this incident. Can you imagine the international and national impact and reaction had things would have gone wrong and TTP would have claimed to not only destroyed the Erieye but also shot & killed the Minhas Base Commander in its action? I do not subscribe to the Base Commanders action and do not think it was bravery rather sheer stupidity!! Besides, if the Base Commander himself has to come out with guns blazing, that is NOT preparedness but is sheer lack of it!

It was the month of Ramazan that saved a lot of people and the assets at Minhas. Unfortunately the TTP thugs did not do their homework properly and forgot that most of the people are awake for longer hours for the purpose of sehri.

Injured or not, bravery or stupidity whatever the reason, the Base Commander along with his cohorts should be COURT MARTIALED under the military law for negligence and destruction of Government property!

Especially when you keep in mind that the Intelligence services had warned of such an atack, just did not know the target.

Having a military background myself, common sense would have said that Kamra is in a heavy urban area, easy access i.e. a bloody mound for a terrorist to hold up for 4 hours. You have the JF-17 assembly line, Chinese engineers within complex, AWACS present, you would hope that a similar set up like the British RAF regiment equivalent would have been alert, with spotters and dogs rotating sentry posts to stay alert.

This was a failure in preparedness, and possibly the two lives would not have been lost have preparations been more adequate. Bravery is what stopped further damage here, if an when the Military gives the full account.

I think it was pretty stupid on part of the Minhas Base Commander to come out with his sub-ordinates with guns blazing in this incident. Can you imagine the international and national impact and reaction had things would have gone wrong and TTP would have claimed to not only destroyed the Erieye but also shot & killed the Minhas Base Commander in its action? I do not subscribe to the Base Commanders action and do not think it was bravery rather sheer stupidity!! Besides, if the Base Commander himself has to come out with guns blazing, that is NOT preparedness but is sheer lack of it!

It was the month of Ramazan that saved a lot of people and the assets at Minhas. Unfortunately the TTP thugs did not do their homework properly and forgot that most of the people are awake for longer hours for the purpose of sehri.

Injured or not, bravery or stupidity whatever the reason, the Base Commander along with his cohorts should be COURT MARTIALED under the military law for negligence and destruction of Government property!

I disagree completely, subordinates draw inspiration and courage from their senior officers. In the realm of the Armed Forces, your senior is your god, he says, you do but when he fights besides you, when he puts his own life and guts on the line and not just yours, that's when his subordinates perform the best. They see a role model and they seek to out do him, that's how the military has been able to secure success in all theatres in the WoT. I have seen both type of officers, those that fight in the thick of it and those that send their men in on their own instead and let me assure you that the former not only fight the best but are always prepared for more. We had 128 men come in from a 4 day long ambush in Bajaur in 2008, they rested for 4 hours and under the leadership of their commandant who had fought alongside them all along, they went back in and fought for another week. I do not subscribe to your ideas because I have seen the effectiveness of a fearless and dynamic leader in combat and such a leader will always be worthy of my respect.

@topic
This shows that atleast one erieye is safe

4b66420ef0459d01f141374c070e6908.jpg

There were three. This is one!

I disagree completely, subordinates draw inspiration and courage from their senior officers. In the realm of the Armed Forces, your senior is your god, he says, you do but when he fights besides you, when he puts his own life and guts on the line and not just yours, that's when his subordinates perform the best. They see a role model and they seek to out do him, that's how the military has been able to secure success in all theatres in the WoT. I have seen both type of officers, those that fight in the thick of it and those that send their men in on their own instead and let me assure you that the former not only fight the best but are always prepared for more. We had 128 men come in from a 4 day long ambush in Bajaur in 2008, they rested for 4 hours and under the leadership of their commandant who had fought alongside them all along, they went back in and fought for another week. I do not subscribe to your ideas because I have seen the effectiveness of a fearless and dynamic leader in combat and such a leader will always be worthy of my respect.

I agree, but air force officers are known to sacrifice their lives. The risk they take everyday makes them buy dangers without a thought and at ease putting their lives on line. Its like in their muscle memory.

Good job by your forces, the scum bags seems like carrying ammunition to fight for few days and C4 worth demolishing 4-5 story building in one go.

Translation please.

Too long to translate. In short, it says what I have been saying for the past 2-3 days, quoting the PAF spokesman.

1 aircraft destroyed, 2nd heavily damaged. Inspection will be done by Saab team on the structure and it's integrity. Then the final decision will be taken if it is deemed repair-worthy (unlikely)

Too long to translate. In short, it says what I have been saying for the past 2-3 days, quoting the PAF spokesman.

1 aircraft destroyed, 2nd heavily damaged. Inspection will be done by Saab team on the structure and it's integrity. Then the final decision will be taken if it is deemed repair-worthy (unlikely)

Regrettably seems you were spot on nuclearpak.

Thid daily express report is quoting that only one soldier martyred, whereas there are two. Still not buying it, will wait for more credible sources.

Lets wait for Nabil_05 && Santro to confirm.

Secondly statements within the article are self contradictory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom