What's new

Attack on PAF Base Minhas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Too long to translate. In short, it says what I have been saying for the past 2-3 days, quoting the PAF spokesman.

1 aircraft destroyed, 2nd heavily damaged. Inspection will be done by Saab team on the structure and it's integrity. Then the final decision will be taken if it is deemed repair-worthy (unlikely)
Please dont add your masala touch, nowhere it mentions that sweeds will be arrieving and the damaged one is beyond repair.

Thid daily express report is quoting that only one soldier martyred, whereas there are two. Still not buying it, will wait for more credible sources.

O bhai, he quoted the PAF spokesman.

And till yesterday maghrib, it was one soldier martyred, second one was variously reported by media as different people. And PAF didn't release a statement about him either.

Chalo, jaisay aap ki marzi.:)

Too long to translate. In short, it says what I have been saying for the past 2-3 days, quoting the PAF spokesman.

1 aircraft destroyed, 2nd heavily damaged. Inspection will be done by Saab team on the structure and it's integrity. Then the final decision will be taken if it is deemed repair-worthy (unlikely)

Ouch, thats a big loss. They cost around $300 Million each!

@ nuclearpak, not sure what you are out to prove, but your source published the following news just a couple of months earlier. I don't need to remind you how credible this turned out. They had the knack to publish this false story on the front page. !!

1101539364-1.gif

Please dont add your masala touch, nowhere it mentions that sweeds will be arrieving and the damaged one is beyond repair.

That is not masala touch.

This is standard SOP everywhere, when an aircraft gets serious damage, the company of manufacture comes. When PIA aircraft get a landing gear damage, Boeing folks come, when the Shaheen air plane had landing gear and wing spar damage at Karachi, Boeing folks came from USA to inspect the damage. Even Airbus folks go to Emirates to check their aircraft if anything has happened.

@ nuclearpak, not sure what you are out to prove, but your source published the following news just a couple of months earlier. I don't need to remind you how credible this turned out. They had the knack to publish this false story on the front page. !!

Yup, that was wrong.

Chalo bhai, aap ki marzi. I am not out to prove anything. Just wanting you people to understand that do not regard this operation as a total success, and in a false sense of pride that nothing happened.

I am going to stay low now. Allah Hafiz.

1101539364-1.gif

My concern is not what this news source had to say few months back neither i am buying your comments nor nuclearpaks

But my concern is obvious if only one aircraft damaged then why there is so much hustle in PAF ranks, why they are not willing to release the report even after 3 days, why statement from each official contradicts other's , these are official guys not sarak chap so why are they not able to get on one single point rather coming up with contradictions. If just 1 aircraft damaged that too slightly then they should be proudly saying that we have defended our assets rather then being at the back burners .

To the extent i know PAF my intuition is there is something seriously wrong. You can call me pessimist but i am happy with that because i know what over-optimism has given us .

When PNS mehran attack happened we had many over-patriotic people defending the naval forces failure and saying military will come out more stronger after this attack and there will be no attacks in the future blah blah . But time and time again we have seen what we are upto .

Again i am repeating i am not believing on what any guy has to say may it be nuclearpak, or whoever but seriously i am sensing something really fishy. If ALLAH forbid it is true what the news mentions then 600 million dollars goes down the drain . For a cash strapped country who is even finding hard to fund its homer grown fighters costing a slightest of fractions per unit compared to erieye ,its a heck lot amount... and still if we dont see any action form military against the hands that were involved that i am done with this "i love my military" stuff .... it will be a big RIP

Yup, that was wrong.

Chalo bhai, aap ki marzi. I am not out to prove anything. Just wanting you people to understand that do not regard this operation as a total success, and in a fall sense of pride that nothing happened.

I am going to stay low now. Allah Hafiz.
No dude, you are entitled to express your views as much as any other member,but let's not get carried away with rumours, as official statements are still to be made and if you are going to present any off the record info, then do label it as 'unofficial' so that people don't get wrong ideas. :cheers: My apologies for sounding rude in my previous post.

Just to make it clear, it is not 'ana ka masla' or anything!:cheers:

Why would they have all three at the same base or parked in one hangar. ??

That is what nobody knows at this moment. Why were three aircraft at same place at Kamra? This was the first time.

Original Deal of 1 billion dollar included 5 Awacs and one Trainer but why is that revised order is still quoted 1 Billion dollar? Something fishy

Here you go gents!

1101597299-1.gif

E-paper :: Daily Express

First and second line.

I don't buy this -- how come every other media outlet reported the PAF statement as 1 aircraft damaged. Media has so far reported C130, refueler, Saab as the damaged aircraft -- shown pics of the Mehran attack and even a pic from Chengdu passed off as Minhas - hardly reliable source to prove anything. You have seen what the Defence Minister said - which is as 'official' as a source can get . Also suggest you watch Shahid Lateef interview on the subject -- he is retired and was VCAS and Kamra base commander -- despite being in a position where he would not mind having a pop at the current set up-- he conngratulates the Base authorities for well prepared defence of the base resulting in minimum damage. You can be sure he will know a thing or two about what got damaged. 1 aircraft got slight damage which will be repaired in Pakistan -- all the rest is bullcrap. I repeat you CANNOT hide or lie about complete destruction of such assets.

First the official version was Il-78 damaged, then it changed to one 'electronic tayyara' damaged slightly. Then it was said Saab 2000 explicitly, then it was said that it was a nose damage. Then the Defence minister said nozzle damage (whatever that means), then PAF said moderate damage, then serious damage, then Air Marshals on TV confirmed rocket landed somehwere near the Saab. It is confirmed that a rocket did hit near the nose of the Saab, any body can figure out that if a RPG lands near the nose of the aircraft, it is totally ruined because the body is weak, and so is the structure. mani2020 summed it all up perfectly.

Allah Hafiz.

I don't buy this -- how come every other media outlet reported the PAF statement as 1 aircraft damaged. Media has so far reported C130, refueler, Saab as the damaged aircraft -- shown pics of the Mehran attack and even a pic from Chengdu passed off as Minhas - hardly reliable source to prove anything. You have seen what the Defence Minister said - which is as 'official' as a source can get . Also suggest you watch Shahid Lateef interview on the subject -- he is retired and was VCAS and Kamra base commander -- despite being in a position where he would not mind having a pop at the current set up-- he conngratulates the Base authorities for well prepared defence of the base resulting in minimum damage. You can be sure he will know a thing or two about what got damaged. 1 aircraft got slight damage which will be repaired in Pakistan -- all the rest is bullcrap. I repeat you CANNOT hide or lie about complete destruction of such assets.

Do you expect Shahid Latif to disclose truth on TV? And the Beloved PAF has changed it's statements multiple time now. PAF Spokesperson first said, no damage, than slight damage than Substantial damage to One asset he can not name. Even PAF is nervous about disclosing the damage they suffer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom