What's new

Ask your question about Iran

you are welcome
1- you should pardon me.but i have no image but name of the the sunni mosque in tehran
1.sadeghiye mo in sadeghiye 2 sq.
2.tehran pars mo in delavaran st.
3.shahreh qods mo near old road.
4.Persian gulf mo near fath highway.
5.masjed ol nnabi in danesh town.
6.haft jub mo near malard road.
7.vahidiyeh mo in shahriyar town.
8.nasim shahr mo in akbar abad.
9.razi abad mo in shahriyar town.
anyway the number of the sunni people in Tehran is very small

2-its realy a hard question.however i know a sunni guy from qeshm island who almost have more than 10 big and modern shoping mall in qeshm.bandar-abbas and tehran.

anyway.i must say the gov needs to reform.its unfair that sunni people cant be president.

again you are welecome

All these mosques you mentioned are not the functioning Sunnite mosques they were replaced by Shiite prayer leader after the Islamic revolution of late Imam Khomeini so there is no functioning Sunnite mosque in the capital city of Islamic republic of Iran. According to Iranian Sunnite there are about 10 % Sunnite in Tehran and its suburbs that comes around 1 million, that is significant chunk of people, isn't it?

Actually this is the government policy based on Vilayte Fghih model of governance. Ordinary Iranian Shiets do not endorse the policy of discrimination towards fellow Sunnite by there government.

All these mosques you mentioned are not the functioning Sunnite mosques they were replaced by Shiite prayer leader after the Islamic revolution of late Imam Khomeini so there is no functioning Sunnite mosque in the capital city of Islamic republic of Iran. According to Iranian Sunnite there are about 10 % Sunnite in Tehran and its suburbs that comes around 1 million, that is significant chunk of people, isn't it?

Actually this is the government policy based on Vilayte Fghih model of governance. Ordinary Iranian Shiets do not endorse the policy of discrimination towards fellow Sunnite by there government.
so now you know my city better than me....eh?
any proof for the nonesence you mentioned?

One of my frnd is now in Iran, He went there to implement some Project (Telecom) from Erricson. He told lot of good thing about Iran. Few thing he mentioned

1. Like we assume Iran to be Islamic country and women will be covered into Jute Bag(Burka), Nothing like this in Iran, women are modern and progressive in Tehran.
2. Iranian respect there culture (Persian culture and symbol)

My Question is ,

How come Persian culture and Islam coexisted in Iran, AFAIK Islamists prohibits any linkage from Old paganic culture.

How come Persian culture and Islam coexisted in Iran, AFAIK Islamists prohibits any linkage from Old paganic culture.
Major religions in Iran before Islam were Mithraism (ancient times), Zoroastrianism and Manichaeism, non of which are paganic. There's not much conflict between Islam and Ancient Iran, Zoroastrians, beside Christians etc., are believed to be considered as Ahl al-Kitab in Quran, also Dhul-Qarnayn who has been praised in Quran is believed by most scholars to be the Persian king Cyrus the Great.. hence even Muslims of Iran are interested in Iranian history and ancient Iran so much..

After seeing who has thanked your post,I thought it's not worth to reply it,but how is it that you think you know Tehran better than me or other Iranians?
Tehran has 9 mosques for Sunnis,and no,they are not replaced by Shia mosques or anything.I don't know where you gather these nonsense as your information about Iran.

I'm not saying everything is right and perfect here for Sunnis,but you shouldn't lie to fulfill your agenda.I support more rights for Sunnis living in Iran,but still I think they are better treated that Shias living in Saudi Arabia,Kuwait, and other Arab countries.

After seeing who has thanked your post,I thought it's not worth to reply it,but how is it that you think you know Tehran better than me or other Iranians?
Tehran has 9 mosques for Sunnis,and no,they are not replaced by Shia mosques or anything.I don't know where you gather these nonsense as your information about Iran.

when you always get owned nothing worth replaying

I think you had good reason to take refuge in Canada.Yes,most of the times,the posts related to you and your mates,is not worth replying since you can find anything in them except logic and some thinking.

lol Saudi are not like Iranian go out of their country begging for money. anyway you have failed to answer the question regarding Sunni mosque in Tehran and that shows Khamini true face discriminating Sunni by not allowing them to have their own place of worship. its like its my way or the high way. trying to make an angel out of your dirty supreme leader named Khamini.

lol Saudi are not like Iranian go out of their country begging for money. anyway you have failed to answer the question regarding Sunni mosque in Tehran and that shows Khamini true face discriminating Sunni by not allowing them to have their own place of worship. its like its my way or the high way. trying to make an angel out of your dirty supreme leader named Khamini.
Yeah,that's why Iranian are among the richest foreigner in U.S and European countries,and guess what?They earned all of their money in those foreign countries,not the oil money in their home,unlike Saudis.

I'm not trying to make angel of anyone,I'm telling the facts.I think you are the one who always try to make a holy figure out of that old fat waste of space,called Abdullah.

I'm not saying everything is right and perfect here for Sunnis,but you shouldn't lie to fulfill your agenda.I support more rights for Sunnis living in Iran,but still I think they are better treated that Shias living in Saudi Arabia,Kuwait, and other Arab countries.
Thanking or not is individual’s choice..
Do not make it Arab vs Persian. Minorities are being discriminated almost everywhere in the world. You may know by lanes of your city better than me but it does not make you the authority of the subject. I myself witnessed that there is no functioning Sunnite mosque in Tehran the capital city of Islamic Republic of Iran that is what Khatami has promised in his election campaign but could not deliver as it was vetoed by supreme leader Kahmenei.
It is also expected from you to not pass sweeping remarks on the plight of Shiets of GCC countries as it will turn it to Arab vs. Persian and Arabs are not the sole representative of Sunnites or Islam there are other regions and countries too having significant Moslem population centers.

Thanking or not is individual’s choice..
Do not make it Arab vs Persian. Minorities are being discriminated almost everywhere in the world. You may know by lanes of your city better than me but it does not make you the authority of the subject. I myself witnessed that there is no functioning Sunnite mosque in Tehran the capital city of Islamic Republic of Iran that is what Khatami has promised in his election campaign but could not deliver as it was vetoed by supreme leader Kahmenei.
It is also expected from you to not pass sweeping remarks on the plight of Shiets of GCC countries as it will turn it to Arab vs. Persian and Arabs are not the sole representative of Sunnites or Islam there are other regions and countries too having significant Moslem population centers.
I didn't say Sunnis have the best life in Iran.Yes indeed,there are problems,even for Shias who are majority,and I'm absolutely against them.There some ridiculous actions happening.With just some major reforms,almost all of Iran's problems internally will be solved.Like: Education in minorities mother tongue,increasing the freedom of press,lifting the internet censorship (at least,most of it),freedom of all religions,divine or not divine,improving freedom of speech and etc.I really hope,after the next presidential election in 2013,there will be a good improvement in such matters,because after the 2009 protests,the country entered in a dark hostile atmosphere,a good popular and reformist president can solve most of problems,if not all of them.Khatami was not strong enough.I think the best choice for next president is Qalibaf,mayor of Tehran.

I didn't say Sunnis have the best life in Iran.Yes indeed,there are problems,even for Shias who are majority,and I'm absolutely against them.There some ridiculous actions happening.With just some major reforms,almost all of Iran's problems internally will be solved.Like: Education in minorities mother tongue,increasing the freedom of press,lifting the internet censorship (at least,most of it),freedom of all religions,divine or not divine,improving freedom of speech and etc.I really hope,after the next presidential election in 2013,there will be a good improvement in such matters,because after the 2009 protests,the country entered in a dark hostile atmosphere,a good popular and reformist president can solve most of problems,if not all of them.Khatami was not strong enough.I think the best choice for next president is Qalibaf,mayor of Tehran.

You raised some valid points and that need to addressed. as far as i know that Qalibaf is of Ahmadinejad type personality and people say that he will be the best bet for Mr Khamenei in next presidential elections. You know the present governing system of Iran spare very little room for an elected President to maneuver as most of the power and policy framework remain with supreme leader and then expedition council. Rafsanjani & Khatami tried there best but could not achieve the desired result of the there pledges to masses.

You raised some valid points and that need to addressed. as far as i know that Qalibaf is of Ahmadinejad type personality and people say that he will be the best bet for Mr Khamenei in next presidential elections. You know the present governing system of Iran spare very little room for an elected President to maneuver as most of the power and policy framework remain with supreme leader and then expedition council. Rafsanjani & Khatami tried there best but could not achieve the desired result of the there pledges to masses.
No,not completely like what you said.In Khatami era,he listened to Western countries and completely halted the nuclear program,but not only they didn't lift the sanctions,they even asked more from Iran.After Ahmadinejad elected,Leader said that he was absolutely against halting nuclear program,but he didn't interfere in government's decisions.You should study a bit ore about the system in Iran.Ahmadinejad has some figures in his government that Khamenei opposes the very much,but he is not saying anything.In one of his speeches,he said,as long as most important national security matters are not in the middle,he won't do anything in government or other organisations.

And about Qalibaf,no,he is not another Ahmadinejad,at least I don't think so,most of the reformists will probably support him.

Back
Top Bottom