What's new

Asia's Worst Performing Currency

India is fast becoming a failed state! What do you expect with dodos like Rahul and his mom at the helm? Instead of sleeping in Dalit houses and munching their chapattis he should have concentrated on how to save this country from corruption and the economic downturn. But little men can only think of little things. What does this mother-son combo know about good governance? Nix! :tdown:

You are right...

By the way I made your thanks 1000... congrats buddy....

Did you even bother to read the article or just decided to jump on the band wagon......it's not exactly my assertion. :cheesy:

Next, they are going to say that the Wall Street Journal is actually Chinese or Pakistani propaganda. :lol:

This is the FIRST line from the article:

The Indian rupee sank to a record low against the U.S. dollar Monday, firming expectations that authorities would take tougher action to protect this year's worst-performing Asian currency.

In this European crises ,all emerging markets are getting hit including china but i think effect on India is much more then china.

Well, lets hope this rough patch in our path of progress will last for few months,we will be back on track for sure with 9% growth rate target which is now slumped to 7.5%.

Remove this f*&kin congress :tup::tup:

Seriously....u guys need to know a bit about economics before starting to comment.....lol @CD

India is a net importer.

Those imports are now going to shoot up in price due to the fall of the Rupee.

India is already at close to double-digit inflation, what will happen after this?

China is too, its trade surplus is narrowing predicted to go negative next year.. but India dont have a housing bubble and their banks are much stronger than china's ... and your real inflation is 16% and not that fudged 4.2%... what will happen to you guys?

China’s Nov. Export Growth Declines, Trade Surplus Narrowshttp://www.businessweek.com/news/20...rt-growth-declines-trade-surplus-narrows.html

http://www.defence.pk/forums/world-...may-post-trade-deficit-next-year-adviser.html

Btw US is starting to show signs of improvements.. I know I know, you like to compare yourself with countries than are doing 3 x less in GDP to avoid comparing your deporable conditions with others above you :) Atleast India aims upward ...

Windjammer bhaiye yes indian rupee is fallinng but dont worry we can fix it :agree:, but kindly tellme how much is your super-duper rupee to a US Dollar:azn: last i heared it was around 82-83 to a dollar :cheesy::hitwall:against indian being around 52-53 to a dollar......;)...:rofl::rofl:

In this European crises ,all emerging markets are getting hit including china but i think effect on India is much more then china.

Well, lets hope this rough patch in our path of progress will last for few months,we will be back on track for sure with 9% growth rate target which is now slumped to 7.5%.

Remove this f*&kin congress :tup::tup:

I think the financial tsunami in the states has hit Asia. The euro zone crisis now is still to effect Asia and this morning the markets in Asia are feeling the strain. Unfortunately i dont think its just an Indian politician issue - there is a global issue at the moment and we will all suffer - some heavier than others depending on imports etc

MUMBAI -- The Indian rupee continued its downward spiral Tuesday, falling to a fresh record low against the U.S. dollar in early trade, as investors fled risk-sensitive currencies because of growing doubts over measures to address the Eurozone's sovereign debt crisis.

The dollar was quoted at 53.16 rupees at 0333 GMT after trading as high as 53.20 rupees, up from 52.85 rupees late Monday in Asia, which was its previous all-time high.

The rupee has borne the brunt of global risk aversion emanating from the Eurozone crisis and due to concerns over high domestic inflation, slowing growth and a possible widening of the federal government's budget deficit.

The dollar has gained nearly 19% against the rupee since March, making IT Asia's worst-performing currency this year.

The Indian rupee's fall has increased expectations of tougher actions from authorities to protect the currency.

Authorities have recently taken steps to attract foreign capital portfolio inflows and made it easier for Indian firms to hedge their currency risks, but analysts now expect tougher measures.

"We could see measures like allowing oil importers to buy dollars directly from the RBI [to ease dollar liquidity] and restrictions on customer transactions," Anindya Das Gupta, managing director at Barclays Capital, said Monday.

Rupee Falls to Fresh Record Low - WSJ.com

Windjammer bhaiye yes indian rupee is fallinng but dont worry we can fix it :agree:, but kindly tellme how much is your super-duper rupee to a US Dollar:azn: last i heared it was around 82-83 to a dollar :cheesy::hitwall:against indian being around 52-53 to a dollar......;)...:rofl::rofl:
Bahi Sahib, Naqal ko bi Aqal ki zaroorat hoti hey, thori aqal sey naqal karen aur Pakistani Rupees ka eik thread start kar ley;

Since, this thread is about the Indian Rupees. :)

It's time for Indians to rise up, time for real democracy - but Indians are a bunch of mindless sheep, thus easily controlled so I doubt they would do anything.

Come on Jay - Lets be on topic and talk about the worst performing currency at the mo which is clearly the indian rupee. Anything else would be off topic.
BTW for your geographical info China is still in Asia mate - in fact its leading Asia. :azn:

do you have a hard time reading the topic header? or do you copy paste that off topic mantra in every post? he claimed Asia's worst performing currency... I can't imagine that Pakistan is not the worst or worser than India- so can't claim India ruppee to be worst in " Asia". . and when I said maybe he thought Pakistan was China-- I knew china is in asia- just that in that case it( pakistan) would not be worst performing.

is that explanation on topic or off topic :P. I'll give you another mantra : don't post same article over and over again" - can you bring yourself to say that to him.. come on - its on topic - you can do it :D

India is fast becoming a failed state! What do you expect with dodos like Rahul and his mom at the helm? Instead of sleeping in Dalit houses and munching their chapattis he should have concentrated on how to save this country from corruption and the economic downturn. But little men can only think of little things. What does this mother-son combo know about good governance? Nix! :tdown:

Being ruled by an Italian woman reminiscent of colonial times brings great benefits to our wonderful neighbors.

I think overall its good news, especially for overseas Indians like me :azn:
Imports will become more expensive, which will put some inflationary pressure. But our exports will become more competitive. This is good news for people in IT and export industries like textiles and minerals.

Bahi Sahib, Naqal ko bi Aqal ki zaroorat hoti hey, thori aqal sey naqal karen aur Pakistani Rupees ka eik thread start kar ley;

Since, this thread is about the Indian Rupees. :)

Janab isme naqal kahan se aayee :cheesy:, waise bhee main nacheez apka muquabala kaise kar sakta hoon :azn:actually you sir dint get my point & now trying to divert the topic :hitwall:anyway ..jaani jinke ghar sheeshe ke hoten hain wo doosron par pathar nahi fainkte:rofl::rofl:

Back
Top Bottom