What's new

Asia Cup FINAL match- Pakistan vs Bangladesh at Dhaka !

Pakistan or Bangladesh win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
History:

There used to be a time when Bangladesh were well and truly a ‘minnow’ side for World Cup which would pleasantly surprise not only the nation but also itself with a rare win in a match out of ten. Fortunately for the tigers, the circumstances are very different from what they used to be nearly a decade ago.

Without doubt, Bangladesh was a team that knocked over the World Cup finalists, Pakistan in a match in 1999. However, the allegations of match fixing back then seemed to taint a glorious triumph that Bangladesh achieved. The side also shook a gigantic team India by surprise in World Cup 2007 when they completed a 5-wicket win over the all-experienced Indian team.

This tale of world cup upsets was also observed in T20 world cup series when Bangladesh defeated a stronger West Indies team; therefore, team Bangla has been more of a surprise factor when it comes to competition in the World Cup games. Of course, a series win against New Zealand just recently also did the side a world of good.

Bangladesh cricket has produced some good all-round players as well as some fine batsmen courtesy of their domestic cricket tournaments. Hannan Sarkar, Khaled Mahmud, Javed Omer, Rajin Saleh, Alok Kapali, Mehrab Hussain, Enamul Haque, Rafique ul Islam and Habib ul Bashar are some of the stars from the side who lifted Bangladesh team and set a foundation for the upcoming players.

Speaking of the current players in the side, there are lots of names to talk about. Generally, the main strength of the Bangladesh team lies in their ability to gel together and execute a devised plan as a whole. Although, the team does not exactly rely on a single figurehead, but the team is at its best when each one of the players pitches in with something substantial.

Pakistan will be defeated by Bangladesh tmw! :undecided:

Bangladesh defeated Pakistan in World Cup 1999. :cry:

gallery23b.jpg

gallery5b.jpg

Yeah right.

They haven't beaten us in 13 years. Odds are still in our favor

Yaar, don't forget Bangladesh capable to defeat India and Sri Lanka while Pakistan can't beat India.

Bangladesh defeated Pakistan in World Cup 1999. :cry:

Yaar, don't forget Bangladesh capable to defeat India and Sri Lanka while Pakistan can't beat India.

That was 13 years ago!

So? We've already defeated them earlier on in the tournament! Again the odds are still in our favor

That was 13 years ago!

So? We've already defeated them earlier on in the tournament! Again the odds are still in our favor

12 years ago, we won Asia Cup Championship at Dhaka! :D

Let's see tmw final match, I could be right or wrong!

12 years ago, we won Asia Cup Championship at Dhaka! :D

Let's see tmw final match, I could be right or wrong!

We'll see at the match tomorrow.

Have faith in your team, we've been doing well in the tournament (besides that one loss to india)

Not supporting either team...I hope rain washes away the final and match abandoned..:P

We'll see at the match tomorrow.

Have faith in your team, we've been doing well in the tournament (besides that one loss to india)

Yaar, I am trying to be faith in this team but I don't see good reasons why Pakistan should win the match. Try to please Misbah?

We have been defeated blowing away by England ODIs series and bad results. Our team has a very bad reputations over years since match-fixing and ball biting, correct?

Don't get angry if Pakistan loss, chaloo koi baat nahein. You will see tmw how Bangladesh will play very aggressive, similarly Pakistan can't handle the heavy pressure from India homecrowd in previous semi final and quarterfinal (WC 2011 & 1996), at least we tried our best. ;)

Its very nice to have final between Pakistan and BD, BUT when you get in field, its only your own team irrespective your real brother is in opposition or anyone else. You play for win and nothing else, one feels bad even losing a club match, yes the pinch is different and the same is in case of BD..

Not supporting either team...I hope rain washes away the final and match abandoned..:P

:devil::devil::devil::devil::devil:

Pakistan VS Bangladesh Asia Cup Final Today

Not much Interested in the game due to (Fixation Charges) but like to see people to people contacts with brotherly country, Bangladesh. Pakistanis and Bangladeshis, Greet each other here and pass on Good Wishes to one another. My Good Wishes to both the teams and the Nations.

Pakistan Paindabaad

Pakistani Team must win this match.I am sick of Pakistanis saying it's ok if Bangladesh wins as it's brother country ( Wtf) on so many forums and even on cricinfo comments.

Pakistani Team must win this match.I am sick of Pakistanis saying it's ok if Bangladesh wins as it's brother country ( Wtf) on so many forums and even on cricinfo comments.

Relax ... Obviously We'd Wish Pakistan to Win the Match, But It's only a Match, Don't take it so seriously.

soo u mean we also should act like indians & abusing everyone with idiotic media reports?

we are a civilized nation & we take game as game & we understand win & loss is the part of the game....

nyways Hope Pakistan will win

best of luck to both teams...

Back
Top Bottom