What's new

Asia Cup 2022 thread

Bumrah is decent bowler while Bhuvi and Shami are mediocre bowlers for all types of cricket. They would had even not played more than 6-7 matches for Pakistan, had they born here. Shaheen is over all better bowler than Bumrah dude, and in the next 2-3 years, Shaheen will be in the league of all times great provided he remains fit.
Seems like you have zero cricketing knowledge

Former Prime Minister also jump in, but he has reservations:

Fb3jIAqaQAIG0zE.jpg

But is the message wrong?

Sportspersons / Celebs are targeted by the troll army only when they start voicing their political opinions. Otherwise not even the most rabid Hindu right wing person will call any Muslim or Sikh player as a traitor after a poor performance. Sure one can dig out ugly tweets in negation of what I am saying. but my bet is that these are deliberate nuisance posts / accounts. God forbid they are not, then my worry is not that they are bigots, but how utterly and dangerously stupid people we have in our midst.

Sportspersons / Celebs are targeted by the troll army only when they start voicing their political opinions. Otherwise not even the most rabid Hindu right wing person will call any Muslim or Sikh player as a traitor after a poor performance. Sure one can dig out ugly tweets in negation of what I am saying. but my bet is that these are deliberate nuisance posts / accounts. God forbid they are not, then my worry is not that they are bigots, but how utterly and dangerously stupid people we have in our midst.
Can't hold our guys to a high standard but wouldn't rule out 'outside of India' people trolling for nefarious purposes either. I know people who are crazy about cricket, I know those who bet insane sums on it too but nobody goes "hindu this, musalman than, blah Sikh etc.. even when very animated.. Lots of these guys bet against an India win, or played doing good too...

"kohli 50 nahi banega" .. is pay betting chalu ho gai, for example ... then these guys are praying every ball ki out ho jai sala :lol:

pretty crazy, the underground betting scene.. I know LOTS of folk who do this on the side.. big business..

pretty crazy, the underground betting scene.. I know LOTS of folk who do this on the side.. big business..
Betting industry is huge in India. I personally know friends who bet big money. And it can get quite technical too. Straightforward betting is for simpletons like you and me. There are many intricate bets and even hedges which I just could not get myself to understand. The punters play in that arena. Somewhat like Options market in the stock market.

Back
Top Bottom