What's new

Asia Cup 2012

Pakistan or India win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Everyone supports his own country first. But pakistan is second team for most of Bangladeshis, though my second team is Australia... Definitely you have little clue about your own country. 18 march carefully notice support of pakistan and india.. But i think you don't watch cricket that much...

I am more of a baseball fan. But if i do watch watch, Bangladesh is my first team followed by England since they give us the most foreign aid and the most of our trade is with the eu.

So you were hoping india to win? Wah! I thought it was derby for you.

No, i said i feel bad for tendulker, the man has given a lot to cricket, its sad his team let him down.

If Pakistan beats India on Sunday and it's NRR goes below Bangladesh's, Bangladesh has a very good chance of making it in, all it has to do is not lose badly from Sri Lanka. If it doesn't go below Bangladesh's NRR then Bangladesh must win to make it to the finals.

If Pakistan loses against India without giving India a bonus point, Sri Lanka is definitely out and the competition would be between India and Bangladesh.

Pakistan's position is only threatened if India and Bangladesh both get wins with bonus points.

Speak for yourself when you voice your opinion, don't speak for the whole nation.

Do me a favor and don't relpy to my Post. Get that you maloon minded Bengali.

Bangladeshis Support for Pakistan's Cricket Team

sidrahzaheer Karachi, Pakistan1 year ago.

Yesterday, history was made again when on such a significant date in Pakistan's history as March 23, the former East Pakistan showed its completely enthusiastic support for Pakistan's Cricket Team playing against the West Indies at Mirpur, Bangladesh.
The support shown was not at any level less than the one Bengalis showed when the Pakistan Resolution was passed at the Minto Park, Lahore in 1940, almost 71 years ago. Now the place called Iqbal Park has a tall minaret, called Minar-e-Pakistan, built in commemoration of that day and has a status of being a National Tower of Pakistan. Even though, the nascent Bangladesh’s Cricket Team is no more part of the tournament having lost qualification into the quarter-finals, the age-old cricket fans from Bangladesh demonstrated full support for their Pakistani brothers on the field proving many politicians and social scientists, who are pessimistic about the two states’ relations, as having been wrong about the two nations mood.

There is no ill-will from the people’s side and this is all that matters in the long run. The breaking of Pakistan due to Bengali nationalism has left its negative scar upon the history and the people of both the countries, but it is never too late to bury the hatchet and find new grounds to grow stronger and deeper ties. The support shown by the Bangladeshi crowds at the stadium has, therefore, a special essence to it, as it negates the notion that Pakistan is not liked by their Bengali brothers or vice versa. The reality of the situation proved to be otherwise when last checked just yesterday at the stadium.

Playing cricket on the Shere Bangla National Stadium of Mirpur was like playing at a home venue because of the warmth shown by the huge hearted Bangladeshi people. There revenge against the West Indies was taken aptly by the Pakistan’s Cricket Team when they beat it by a huge margin. Even the revenge had a two edged sword. What better opponents to defeat than the West Indies Cricket Team who won by 10 wickets against Pakistan during the 1992 Cricket World Cup preliminary round match in Melbourne, Australia. This date will from now have two significances for Pakistan, one of course from its historical point of view and the other in its cricketing history, as Pakistan’s recent victory against the West Indies settles the score equal. Pakistan won marvelously by 10 wickets stepping into the semi-finals.

The Pakistani cricket commentators already predicted the environment of high spirits from the Bangladeshi side for the Pakistan’s Cricket Team. The feelings from the Pakistani side were appropriately conveyed by the Man of the Match, Muhammad Hafeez, who thanked the spectators for their tremendous backing and joy seeing Pakistan’s victory of the game. We as Pakistanis will always be thankful to the Bangladeshis for their love and generosity in treating us with such compassion. We will never forget this day and look forward to a time when we will get a chance of expressing our support for the Bangladeshi Cricket team playing against any opponent in our home ground. I am sure they too will not feel out of touch when playing here in Pakistan. Here is wishing that may the hearts of these two brotherly nations always remain open and warm for each other, not just in cricket grounds, but also outside of the sporting arenas.

congrats to B.D for this historic win. now B.D have to show good performance against sri lanka even if they lose the game.

Ya its always the hindus' fault . Sachin right ?

I am sorry but Irfan lost this match for us with that over . It was clear for any one with non religious bias to see.

Zaheer khan is India's best bowler not Irfan. Not by a long shot

Where did I bring the Hindu/Muslim thing. I compared him with his brother and quite frankly, in the depth overs Mushfiqur Rehman would have hit anyone. Even Praveen Kumar got whacked. Also Zaheer is just alright, he gets wickets when batsmen throw it all away. Usually easy to hit bowlers like Zaheer do manage to get batsmen careless.

A left arm, swinger like Pathan should have played throughout his career, not just against South Asian teams.

In today's match a lot of mistakes were made. Raina should have bowled his 10 overs, he was going so good. Dinda gave a bigger over not to a slogger but to the calm cool, Shakib.

Do me a favor and don't relpy to my Post. Get that you maloon minded Bengali.

There are a lot of Indian supporters in Bangladesh as well. In a match between India and Pakistan, i hope to see lots of career ending injuries and brawls for both the sides with a sachin century and afridi taking 5 wickets with India edging it in the last ball of the match.

Thanks for Bangladesh for Supporting Pakistan, I can't forget the huge support of Bangladesh in the worldcup.:smitten:

429386_369923303028839_117621244925714_1176737_1798870907_n.jpg

:rofl::rofl: :lol:

Its definitely a historic win. But in other sites Indians are blaming there little master and have seen a Indian news channel where they have gone nuts. it really made my day seeing the craziness of the Indian media. BTW shakib
was the one who made the difference.

I wish I could spend more time here but unfortunately I have to go job now. :cry:

I hope Bangladeshis must change their hatred towards Pakistan. I respect Sachin,clearly blame goes on India bowlers. They need to be send to Pakistan school for diploma certificate in training bowling issues properly.

:cheers:

this is the moment, bangla team will rise to become a great team

dont lose this moment

Say what you may about the guy, but Irfan Pathan is a world class bowler, unfortunately he is always compared with his brother and needlessly kept out in an either/or situation.

If you keep someone like him out for so many matches they are bound to get rusty. IK Pathan is your top bowler and comparable with many greats of the trade.

Correction: Irfan Pathan was a world class bowler. :)

Back
Top Bottom