What's new

Asia Cup 2010 Sri Lanka

There is no place for these players in top 11

Shahzaib Hasan
Salman Butt
Umar Amin

Sangakkara: "We were driver's seat twice in the game - when we and Mahela were batting and then we had bowled 18 overs. Afridi .. it was the best I have seen him bat. It was a great knock. Kulasekara, Angelo bowled very well and then Lasith Malinga came in and looked as if he would get wicket every over. Maharoof did well. Afridi played really well. then Malinga came and did a brilliant job. It was a catch-22 for me whether to give Murali a over to Afridi. He is the best spinner in the world. It's very rare that he gives so many runs. All credit to Afridi for playing a special knock. Angelo Mathews batted really well and Malinga too contributed in the end. We probably did the basics well in patches but we have to pretty ruthless .. when we have down like this we should finish it off."

Shoaib Akthar impressed on his comeback. Shahid Afridi dazzled with an special out-of-character knock.

Afridi is man of the match - A well deserving one

Great innings by Afridi. He played a captain's knock but rest of the batsmen were rubbish. Razzaq played it like a test match and Akmal brothers were a big disappointment.
As for bowlers, Shoaib Akhtar was impressive. I really didn't expect him to perform well after such a long time. Aamer was not bad either.
Seriously it was not such a big score but our players simply didn't want to win. They have developed a habit to lose match at the end.:cry:

Kumar Sangakkara lets out a loud appeal, while Shahid Afridi struggles with cramps
118258.jpg

They need more countries to play cricket in order to counter soccer popularity. :agree:

---------- Post added at 01:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:37 PM ----------

There should be new cricket teams such as china, few more from Europe and Africa.

Back
Top Bottom