What's new

Asia Cup 2010 Sri Lanka

Afridi asks seniors to show more responsibility

Pakistan skipper Shahid Afridi on Wednesday asked the senior players in the team to show more maturity and responsibility and to stay on the wicket for positive results after his side lost the opening Asia Cup clash against hosts Sri Lanka by 16 runs on Tuesday.

Afridi, wo led from the front to score a quick-fire 109, said: “We should have won the match, we were in a position to win it. I think the solution lies in the senior players taking more responsibility and doing their part.”

“Seniors like Salman Butt, Shoaib Malik and Kamran must try to stay at the wicket for longer periods,” he said in a post-match interview.

While Afridi was happy with his own effort in the game, the result was disappointing for him. “The century would have been more valuable and I would have felt better if we had won the match,” he said.

Afridi also disclosed that the umpires turned down his request for a runner when bout of cramps hampered his play in the SL game. “My dismissal was the turning point of the match,” said the all-rounder. “When I started getting the cramps, I asked for a runner from the umpires but they turned down the request by saying they couldn’t allow it at a critical situation in the match.”

Afridi also praised paceman Shoaib Akhtar for making a successful comeback to international cricket after nearly 14 months by taking three wickets in extremely humid and warm conditions. “I am satisfied with Shoaib’s performance as he put in lot of effort in his bowling and also in his fielding. He was quite committed today.

AsiaCupPractice_07.jpg

AsiaCupPractice_10.jpg

We need another big innings from Afridi against India....... I'm waiting for that..... :) Boom Boom..... :tup:

Agar India k khilaaf is Salmaa Butt ne perform nahi kiya tu is ki khair nahi..... :devil:

this series is hardly making news in india,everybody is to much gripped in the football fever

i think asia cup should b a t 20 tournament

NO WAY! There is enough T20 around. We need the 50 over format as well. It requires more skill to play one day. Asia cup should be a real test of skill.

Wt a start of SL against BD

Sri Lanka 33/0 (3 ov)

Dhoom mach gae

---------- Post added at 09:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:15 AM ----------

Tillakaratne Dilshan 29 runs on 13 balls.........4, fours and one six

Sri Lanka 49/0 (5.0 ov)..........

The way they are going it looks 500 in 50 overs

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom