What's new

Ashok Leyland to supply 200 trucks to Bangladesh as part of $2-bn line of credit

Bangladesh should form a trade union with India, a la EU. This way people and goods can travel across the border with ease and may the market determine winner.

Bangladesh should form a trade union with India, a la EU. This way people and goods can travel across the border with ease and may the market determine winner.
India don't have problem but the product Bangladeshi want to export they don't show their value addition Percentage in them , they import more than 25 million worth of float glass , if bangladeshi product are so price competitive why import float glass that too in such a huge amount for a country which says they can outcompete indian products in price , so why don't you capture your own market first

@Bilal9 regarding your claim that samsung phone in Bangladesh are 20 percent cheaper than Indian assembled , so here is a review , in Bangladesh f 22 of samsung cost 20,000 taka equivalent to 17500 inr , whereas same phone with same specs cost 15000 inr in india .

Inverse of your statement is actually true , we pay about 14 percent less than you for same phones

Last edited:
After analysis of the National Family Health Survey of 2015-16, LiveMint reported that over 99.1% of cases of rape go unreported in India.
Where is the similar survey and report for Bangladesh? Let see how many cases go un-reported in Bangladesh!

Here is another paper : https://www.thelancet.com/pdfs/journals/eclinm/PIIS2589-5370(21)00097-3.pdf

Bangladesh has the second highest prevalence of sexual intimate partner violence against women in the world, after Ethiopia (58.6% vs 49.7%)

Bangladesh is way better than India and only country that ranked in top 100 from South Asia for gender equality index. Bangladesh ranked 65th where as India 140th.
LOL!

The story is about this report : https://www3.weforum.org/docs/WEF_GGGR_2021.pdf

It measures 4 types of metrices : Economic Participation and Opportunity, Educational Attainment, Health and Survival AND Political Empowerment.

None of these metrices measure crime against women. So as such rank in this is ineffectual to measure how likely rape happens in any country.

Even on that front, difference in actual score is not MASSIVE :
India 0.625
Bangladesh 0.719

‘Our vision is to be among the world’s top five brands’​

Ibrahim Hossain Ovi
  • Published at 11:40 pm November 29th, 2020
Walton Infograph

Says Walton MD Golam Murshed in an interview recently.
Do not please shame Indians who live in complacency and get up from their sleep when they found BD high-grade goods at their customs doors.

Someday Walton high-quality goods will capture 50% of Indian market if India does not inhibit them at the border.

Dada, a claim has to be followed by evidence. Mon-gora kotha bolay ki luv??

Apnar India-tey cellphone manufacturing hoi na, assembly hoi.

Banya cow belt idiots will only invest the minimum needed to make money from clueless Indians. Even the labels are brought in from China for Karbonn phones - I know.

Samsung might decide to "assemble" phones in India, but "manufacture" is not a word I'd use, they are made from either Vietnamese or Chinese sub-assemblies screwed together in India, unless things have changed.

Samsung parts for Bangladesh (whatever not made locally) AFAIK come from Vietnam or China (some from Malaysia). India is not a source for Bangladesh cellphone manufacturing parts. If it is, it's for extremely non-critical parts. I seriously doubt they import anything for cellphone manufacturing from India.

I have shown you before how Walton manufactures cellphones from scratch (using SMD/SMT pick/place robotics for circuit boards) and makes their own screens, there is hardly this level of basic manufacturing in India.

Same thing for refrigerator compressors of many types which Bangladesh supplies to EU mfrs. Bangladeshi refrigerators will automatically be cheaper than Indian ones because compressors are sourced locally.

Bangladeshi level of consistency/quality is automatically higher because production processes are more automated.

Since Bangladesh labor costs are lower, and backward integration is higher in many sectors, retail cost in Bangladesh is automatically lower than India.

Your govt. can try all it wants - but ultimately Bangladeshi parts will be going into Indian phones and products will get smuggled into India.

Walton's PCB line. See the rest of the video too.

Walton's cellphone manufacturing

SMD/SMT Pick and Place Robots.

iu

Do not please shame Indians who live in complacency and get up from their sleep when they found BD high-grade goods at their customs doors.

Someday Walton high-quality goods will capture 50% of Indian market if India does not inhibit them at the border.
Sure sure , with being exorbitantly costly with similar specs competitors , it will be a piece of cake for Bangladesh , as sonar bangla sticker means that it's quality is world's best

Sure sure , with being exorbitantly costly with similar specs competitors , it will be a piece of cake for Bangladesh , as sonar bangla sticker means that it's quality is world's best
Do not worry about the exorbitant prices of our goods. Just ask your wife which one she prefers. She will choose ours and you will be opening your kanjush purse to pay for it.

So, just ask your Customs people to keep the doors open.

Do not worry about the exorbitant prices of our goods. Just ask your wife which one she prefers. She will choose ours and you will be opening your kanjush purse to pay for it.

Well i have yet to come across Bangladeshi products in india except few ones in particular areas , where those guys prefer red light over neon boards

You can't make same product like the Samsung phone at same price , how will you think of making better product at lower cost , and please you can open up for our auto industry or electronic anyday and your wife will be jumping over those indian products to get one

You can't make same product like the Samsung phone at same price , how will you think of making better product at lower cost , and please you can open up for our auto industry or electronic anyday and your wife will be jumping over those indian products to get one
When produced in BD a Samsung product remains as Samsung as it is in Korea. But, the price of its production is low because our salaries are low.

So, the final products become cheaper and the worried Indian govt does not allow many like these items to be exported by BD.

Pray, open your market to see the consumer reactions.

BD? High grade? LOL! Only high grade BD is BS.
BD products, not high grade? If not why does India have to worry about it? Let your Custome people set free our goods and see the consumer reaction.

All problems solved!!

Last edited:
When produced in BD a Samsung product remains as Samsung as it is in Korea. But, the price of its production is low because our salaries are low.

So, the final products become cheaper and the worried Indian govt does not allow many like these items to be exported by BD.

Pray, open your market to see the consumer reactions.
Dumb fellow , your cost of production is higher , can't you interpret basic English , bangladeshi made products are expensive

BD products, not high grade? If not why does India have to worry about it? Let your Custome people set free our goods and see the consumer reaction.

All problems solved!!
Have you set our goods free of custom duties ? And you basically import those goods in large quantities from china and exports to India

Dumb fellow , your cost of production is higher , can't you interpret basic English , bangladeshi made products are expensive
Sir, don't please get angry with a stupid fellow like me. But I don't understand how a BD-made Samsung product can be more expensive than if produced in Korea?

Very weak in math.

Sir, don't please get angry with a stupid fellow like me. But I don't understand how a BD-made Samsung product can be more expensive than if produced in Korea?

Very weak in math.
depends on how much is manufactured indigenously . The advantage of lower manpower cost comes in only if actual manufacturing takes place in the country.
Else every country has a import duty even on imported components. Normally lower than completely built units.
Also automation in electronics has reduced the dependence on manpower to a certain extent.
Also dependence on unskilled labor can increase costs in house as well as in returns.
It's case by case though , totally dependent on import duties.

Very weak in math.
Let me tell you stats you , Korean made samsung same model cost 14700 inr (converted) in korea, indian made cost 15000 inr in india , and bangladeshi assembled costs 17500inr (converted) in Bangladesh , so how come your fellow @Bilal9 's statement hold ground regarding having 20 percent less cost as compared to indian assembled devices ?

Back
Top Bottom