What's new

Ashok Leyland to supply 200 trucks to Bangladesh as part of $2-bn line of credit

I know both sides of border, you mean electronics in BD are 15-20% less than India?

Sumsung has its largest cellphone manufacturing plant in India. It has also plant in 3 other countries and BD is none of them. Still you meant Samsung cellphone price in BD are 15-20% less than India?
Trivia - Samsung cellphone parts meant for BD are made in India or Vietnam.

almost all major electrical and electronics companies has their mfg plant in India. They dont assemble, they manufacture.

Now please enlighten why BD buy a lot from India? Though it has better options of China or Indonesia.

Dada, a claim has to be followed by evidence. Mon-gora kotha bolay ki luv??

Apnar India-tey cellphone manufacturing hoi na, assembly hoi.

Banya cow belt idiots will only invest the minimum needed to make money from clueless Indians. Even the labels are brought in from China for Karbonn phones - I know.

Samsung might decide to "assemble" phones in India, but "manufacture" is not a word I'd use, they are made from either Vietnamese or Chinese sub-assemblies screwed together in India, unless things have changed.

Samsung parts for Bangladesh (whatever not made locally) AFAIK come from Vietnam or China (some from Malaysia). India is not a source for Bangladesh cellphone manufacturing parts. If it is, it's for extremely non-critical parts. I seriously doubt they import anything for cellphone manufacturing from India.

I have shown you before how Walton manufactures cellphones from scratch (using SMD/SMT pick/place robotics for circuit boards) and makes their own screens, there is hardly this level of basic manufacturing in India.

Same thing for refrigerator compressors of many types which Bangladesh supplies to EU mfrs. Bangladeshi refrigerators will automatically be cheaper than Indian ones because compressors are sourced locally.

Bangladeshi level of consistency/quality is automatically higher because production processes are more automated.

Since Bangladesh labor costs are lower, and backward integration is higher in many sectors, retail cost in Bangladesh is automatically lower than India.

Your govt. can try all it wants - but ultimately Bangladeshi parts will be going into Indian phones and products will get smuggled into India.

Walton's PCB line. See the rest of the video too.

Walton's cellphone manufacturing

SMD/SMT Pick and Place Robots.

iu

Last edited:
Great apologist for Indian mfrs. if I ever found one. Do you know that Indian mfrs. are involved in manipulating our trade policy in Bangladesh??

These baniyas are the worst Ch*tiya Haramkhor suwars the world has ever seen.

Don't pretend like India is Amrika and everything is kosher in the Indian business world. We know better.

Your only markets is African countries and countries like ours where you can bribe and cheat your way to exporting things.

Meanwhile your ch*tiya govt. blocks every effort to export to its market, citing "dumping" - which is BS.

I personally know owners of large Bangladeshi companies who had to deal with exporting to India, Indian customs are the worst liar harami @$$holes ever.

Some "friend"...
Same all gaali to your suwar , haramkhor , chew tiya people who put more tax on our products , you guys don't have price advantage as simple as that , don't cry like a little girl when all your knowledge of economics and engineering come from YouTube videos .

You were saying the other day that India is incapable in CAD and CAM and additive manufacturing , so explain the three terms for a product as an example before making comments .

Also explain how dumping duties are imposed , and is WTO involved in that or not

WTH are you talking about??

Bangladeshi assembled electronics (Samsung cellphones for example) cost at least 15~20% less in Bangladesh than it does in India. Ditto for LED TV's. Aircons, Refrigerators (even double door ones) and almost all other electronic items like electronic notepads and laptops.

Your mfrs. are inefficient and can't compete on price. Hence Para tariffs and NTB to block Bangladeshi imports.
Should I do a product by product analysis of walton product and indian products ?

International trade is dictated by governments policies. The private sector follows government frameworks.
We allow your products to be sold , like the recent launch of veloce cycle but it don't compete well with Indian brands

Bangladeshi bicycles are already in the Indian Market (High End Chromoly framed ones as well). Prices are a lot lower than Indian brands. Only competition for Bangladeshi bikes are Indonesian bikes sold in India.
https://labourrightsindex.org/about-us

Read this about ranking of working condition .

And about bicycle ,name some Bangladeshi made bicycle sold in india and are price competitive , Hercules , hero dominates market with its sub brands like MONTRA , BSA, mach city etc

Last edited:

Banya cow belt idiots will only invest the minimum needed to make money from clueless Indians. Even the labels are brought in from China for Karbonn phones - I know.

Samsung might decide to "assemble" phones in India, but "manufacture" is not a word I'd use, they are made from either Vietnamese or Chinese sub-assemblies screwed together in India, unless things have changed.

Samsung parts for Bangladesh (whatever not made locally) AFAIK come from Vietnam or China (some from Malaysia). India is not a source for Bangladesh cellphone manufacturing parts. If it is, it's for extremely non-critical parts. I seriously doubt they import anything for cellphone manufacturing from India.

I have shown you before how Walton manufactures cellphones from scratch (using SMD/SMT pick/place robotics for circuit boards) and makes their own screens, there is hardly this level of basic manufacturing in India.

Same thing for refrigerator compressors of many types which Bangladesh supplies to EU mfrs. Bangladeshi refrigerators will automatically be cheaper than Indian ones because compressors are sourced locally.

Bangladeshi level of consistency/quality is automatically higher because production processes are more automated.

Since Bangladesh labor costs are lower, and backward integration is higher in many sectors, retail cost in Bangladesh is automatically lower than India.

Your govt. can try all it wants - but ultimately Bangladeshi parts will be going into Indian phones and products will get smuggled into India.

iu
Even my college have a smt for basic work we do for research , and regarding what capability we have in manufacturing .
We have our own autoclave , 3d printer for buildings , carbon fiber , fiber glass , industrial robots manufacturing ,our own solar panel manufacturing , high end grades of steel manufacturing , defect detection machines , electric motors , diesel engine from raw materials to finished goods for vehicles to industrial use plus marine engine too , battery manufacturing , plastic goods , aerospace parts for companies like Boeing , Airbus , Lockheed Martin , high end glass manufacturing , electronics and kitchen appliances , industrial shafts , generators , home electric appliances , car glasses , alloy wheels , lighting , power supply equipment for all uses , reactor for petrochemical usage and are exported to middle East too , weapons from guns to aircraft , you name it we have the capability in some form or other , and we have it much much bigger .

It's just that we indian never cared about whether we have a mixer grinder maker or refrigerator maker or not

Same all gaali to your suwar , haramkhor , chew tiya people who put more tax on our products , you guys don't have price advantage as simple as that , don't cry like a little girl when all your knowledge of economics and engineering come from YouTube videos .

You were saying the other day that India is incapable in CAD and CAM and additive manufacturing , so explain the three terms for a product as an example before making comments .

Also explain how dumping duties are imposed , and is WTO involved in that or not

Should I do a product by product analysis of walton product and indian products ?

We allow your products to be sold , like the recent launch of veloce cycle but it don't compete well with Indian brands

https://labourrightsindex.org/about-us

Read this about ranking of working condition .

And about bicycle ,name some Bangladeshi made bicycle sold in india and are price competitive , Hercules , hero dominates market with its sub brands like MONTRA , BSA, mach city etc

It's okay Kumar - no need to hijack the thread than you have done already. My name calling was directed at dishonest Indian banyas and your customs and excise people, not all Indians. these Mofos deserve it for sure.

Re: CAD/CAM and additive manufacturing you want to say that India has become the HQ for these tek-na-lagees? :lol:

First talk about subtractive tek-na-lagee I.e CNC lathes, then we will talk about additive. Additive maybe the Cat's meow in India - but for the rest of the world it's everyday crap. Spare us your uninvited gyan-daan.

Lemme tell my Chinese friends, they will have a good laugh. Brothers @Beast and @FairAndUnbiased look at this Indian guy coming up and chest beating about some manufacturing tech in India, of all places. :lol:

We have all been to India and seen the Indian industrial scenario and their products. The less said the better, Save your breath and save us the annoyance.

Leave us Bangladeshis the f*ck alone and try to catch up to the Chinese scenario - which will take another twenty years.

Bangladeshi refrigerator as per @Bilal9 to be superior to Indian products , all specs similar to indian , nothing additional except lower volume at 501L , priced at 68000 INR when converted from taka, comparetively indian LLOYD refrigerator with 587 L volume cost 55000 INR , how can u compete with that difference in price

It's okay Kumar - no need to hijack the thread than you have done already. My name calling was directed at dishonest Indian banyas and your customs and excise people, not all Indians. these Mofos deserve it for sure.

Re: CAD/CAM and additive manufacturing you want to say that India has become the HQ for these tek-na-lagees? :lol:

First talk about subtractive tek-na-lagee I.e CNC lathes, then we will talk about additive. Additive maybe the Cat's meow in India - but for the rest of the world it's everyday crap. Spare us your uninvited gyan-daan.

Lemme tell my Chinese friends, they will have a good laugh. Brothers @Beast and @FairAndUnbiased look at this Indian guy coming up and chest beating about some manufacturing tech in India, of all places. :lol:

We have all been to India and seen the Indian industrial scenario and their products. The less said the better, Save your breath and save us the annoyance.

Leave us Bangladeshis the f*ck alone and try to catch up to the Chinese scenario - which will take another twenty years.
What's this obsession with india , first you come and rant against my country then you run to Chinese when you are called out , you are just a troll who lives on hate for India

Even my college have a smt for basic work we do for research , and regarding what capability we have in manufacturing .
We have our own autoclave , 3d printer for buildings , carbon fiber , fiber glass , industrial robots manufacturing ,our own solar panel manufacturing , high end grades of steel manufacturing , defect detection machines , electric motors , diesel engine from raw materials to finished goods for vehicles to industrial use plus marine engine too , battery manufacturing , plastic goods , aerospace parts for companies like Boeing , Airbus , Lockheed Martin , high end glass manufacturing , electronics and kitchen appliances , industrial shafts , generators , home electric appliances , car glasses , alloy wheels , lighting , power supply equipment for all uses , reactor for petrochemical usage and are exported to middle East too , weapons from guns to aircraft , you name it we have the capability in some form or other , and we have it much much bigger .

It's just that we indian never cared about whether we have a mixer grinder maker or refrigerator maker or not

Good Kumar, Mera Bharat Mahaan!

Time for some Mahima-wale Gobar Snaan...
iu

And solve these Mahaan problems first....f*cked up rail transport
iu

Climbing up four floors to pass cheat sheets so idiots can pass HSC test and become
add-water, H1B "instant IT experts" - like cheap Maggi Noodles.
iu

No comment...
iu

I have seen enough Indian households and how Indian people live. It's okay - it's your country after all - your choice.

Suffice it to say - Indian product consumption patterns (even for appliances and electrical goods) don't compare with Bangladesh.

Bangladeshis these days do not buy anything except 4K TVs on the upper echelon and of course window-mounted room air conditioners are passé (unlike in India where the opposite is true), whereas in India everything is about "saving a buck". Kanjoosi is not honorable quality in our society...

Havell's may not produce Lloyd refrigerators on their own, they probably OEM it from other Indian companies. They mainly produce fans, MCB's low grade electrical products.

Not going to bad mouth your Indian brands, they will be OEM supplied by Bangladeshi brands soon, in fact many Korean brands in India already are.

Not that Bangladeshi brands need Indian market, they have a global presence already.

Last edited:
Good Kumar, Mera Bharat Mahaan!

Time for some Mahima-wale Gobar Snaan...
iu

And solve these Mahaan problems first....
iu

iu

iu
Nothing better Expected from a troll like you , cause when u don't have a logic to defend you troll .

I repeat my question , how are those walton product price competitive ?

Or you agree that Bangladeshi products can't match indian products in price competitiveness totally opposite to your claim

Thats what i am trying to explain. Of course the ideal situation is mutual trade. Bangladesh is doing its part, its time for India to do the same. 1 billion import from BD is a start but India have to gear up significantly, as it both should and have capacity to do, in order to create a mutually benefit trade relationshionship.

Why should not BD use that same argument for Indian products. Could just label them something random flimsy ground and ban those products.

Bangladesh has lot of products to offer. India just have to show that it is a serious trade partner.

It dosent matter how or what product India buys from BD, as long as the trade is somewhat balanced. Lots of indian products in BD market, are also produced by local competitors in Bangladesh. Why should we then import something that can be made locally?

Depends. Even India has a lots of products to offer. As far as I know the trade talks collapsed on BD insistence on duty free imports of your garment sector.

It's for BD govt to share on what it produces. Your RMG sector makes around 90% of your export basket. And yes for other products, certificate of Origin would be required to prove that this product is assembled in BD. Even if raw materials are imported BD has to.show certain amount of domestic value addition to circumnavigate the Cert of Origin.

It's a common rule of all trade talks. I would love to see our Indian Auto industry start factories in BD. But one can't start 100% manufacturing of all parts in one plant. First assembly, then local value addition and complete manufacturing of parts. Indian companies have been complaining of BD High import duties for parts imports even for assembly.
Our IT can also recreate the same success in Dhaka. They can export services from BD as well. Complaints are there, no permissions are provided to start major operations there.

WTH are you talking about??

Bangladeshi assembled electronics (Samsung cellphones for example) cost at least 15~20% less in Bangladesh than it does in India. Ditto for LED TV's. Aircons, Refrigerators (even double door ones) and almost all other electronic items like electronic notepads and laptops.

Your mfrs. are inefficient and can't compete on price. Hence Para tariffs and NTB to block Bangladeshi imports.

I work in this industry and I know for a fact, BD doesn't have an electronics industry. Canadian/US manufacturers import most 60% of the components from China and the rest from Vietnam, Taiwan, India, Thailand, Malaysia and Singapore.

Name any electronics manufacturing major, they have at least one plant in India. Foxconn, Flextronics, Sanmina, Jabil, Celestica, Samsung, Nokia etc with addition of home grown contract manufacturer Dixon. Many of the above has multiple plants. And these are just.the top level dogs. There are many small foreign manufacturer here.

The same companies have 6-8 plants in China, while having just 1-2 in India. And that's our gap. BD is not even in their map. One company do not make an industry.

iu
Lets face it. Neither of your countries India or B'desh can do shit in fabricating or even packaging SoCs or screen panel or heck even batteries. So shut up about some stupid PCB assembly. There is nothing you do about "manufacturing", its all joke.

I work in this industry and I know for a fact, BD doesn't have an electronics industry. Canadian/US manufacturers import most 60% of the components from China and the rest from Vietnam, Taiwan, India, Thailand, Malaysia and Singapore.

Name any electronics manufacturing major, they have at least one plant in India. Foxconn, Flextronics, Sanmina, Jabil, Celestica, Samsung, Nokia etc with addition of home grown contract manufacturer Dixon. Many of the above has multiple plants. And these are just.the top level dogs. There are many small foreign manufacturer here.

The same companies have 6-8 plants in China, while having just 1-2 in India. And that's our gap. BD is not even in their map. One company do not make an industry.

Great comment.

So - the video I posted, it's all fake? :lol:

There are a dozen other cellphone manufacturers like this.

Bangladesh is 87% self-sufficient in producing its own cellphones - that's a lie too?

Man - You Sanghis are somethin'.....

Great comment.

Bangladesh is 87% self-sufficient in producing its own cellphones - that's a lie too?

Your response is more than enough warranted about your knowledge on electronics. "ELECTRONICS" is not only mobile.

Great comment.

Name them and their market share and how will they compete with india products

Where 99% are not reported in India published in India?

@Nilgiri come up with something new. A crow can not become a peacock. Stop changing name.
Now a bangladeshi trolls knows more about India ,cool , first know about Dhaka properly and your companies and their capabilities

Back
Top Bottom