What's new

Ashok Leyland to supply 200 trucks to Bangladesh as part of $2-bn line of credit

There is fine print in the contract that says credit given by Indians must be utilized using INDIAN goods and services.
What are you a moron ??
You DO NOT HAVE TO ACCEPT LINES OF CREDIT. You say no if you think are too onerous.
When the bank offers me a mortgage , I can say NO and if I do say yes and the bank insists I use the money to buy THE house you applied the mortgage for and not a Bugatti Veyron, it would be perfectly in its right to insist so.
It would be absurd if it did not !!!!!!!
If you do not want lines of credit then there is nothing on earth that can make you accept.

That means these Indian suppliers and contractors can charge any damn price they want and supply any shoddy goods they want, which may not be a good deal for countries like Bangladesh.
No they cannot, if they were that stupid enough to charge a million dollars a single truck then YOU DO NOT BUY IT. YOU SAY NO
If the goods are shoddy there are clauses in contracts which specify a minimum quality that is expected . There are clauses for delays in delivery , specifications to be met, etc EVEN IN CONTRACTS SIGNED VIA LINES OF CREDIT.

ULTIMATLY YOU CAN SAY NO.
NO TO LINES OF CREDIT.
NO TO LEYLAND TRUCKS.
NO TO TERMS OF CREDIT.
JUST SAY NO.

As for the trucks not being up to the very high standards ( I believe you said Bangladeshis only drive Mercedes Rolls-Royce and Lamborghini's ) that are the de jure entitlement of every Bangladeshi, all I can say is that many many countries import them and are more than happy to have them. The company expanded by 48% and registers double digit growth in exports.

1644599745569.png

1644599778165.png

1644599805827.png

1644600089282.png

Attachments

• 1644599961168.png
    1644599961168.png
    64.1 KB · Views: 34
BD products, not high grade? If not why does India have to worry about it? Let your Custome people set free our goods and see the consumer reaction.

All problems solved!!
Its the duty of the government to protect the people from low grade dangerous goods.

Au contraire.

There is fine print in the contract that says credit given by Indians must be utilized using INDIAN goods and services.

That means these Indian suppliers and contractors can charge any damn price they want and supply any shoddy goods they want, which may not be a good deal for countries like Bangladesh.

We have seen this for fifty years.

No more.

Case in point, recent projects in Bangladesh (like the Khulna-Mongla rail link project) which has dragged on for ten plus years now for a 3 year project (use of sub par materials imported from India by L&T, IRCON) and cost has ballooned to 2.5 times the previous amount. This story is typical of ANY Indian project in Bangladesh.

Why should we assign projects to Indian firms if this is the typical result ? Chinese firms complete projects in record time. There are dozens of examples.

This is pretty typical for soft loans. China, Japan and the western countries all try to use the same approach. They have to get something in return after all.

If projects get delayed, then it is typical to have clause in loan agreement to negotiate retributions.

What are you a moron ??
You DO NOT HAVE TO ACCEPT LINES OF CREDIT. You say no if you think are too onerous.
When the bank offers me a mortgage , I can say NO and if I do say yes and the bank insists I use the money to buy THE house you applied the mortgage for and not a Bugatti Veyron, it would be perfectly in its right to insist so.
It would be absurd if it did not !!!!!!!
If you do not want lines of credit then there is nothing on earth that can make you accept.

No they cannot, if they were that stupid enough to charge a million dollars a single truck then YOU DO NOT BUY IT. YOU SAY NO
If the goods are shoddy there are clauses in contracts which specify a minimum quality that is expected . There are clauses for delays in delivery , specifications to be met, etc EVEN IN CONTRACTS SIGNED VIA LINES OF CREDIT.

ULTIMATLY YOU CAN SAY NO.
NO TO LINES OF CREDIT.
NO TO LEYLAND TRUCKS.
NO TO TERMS OF CREDIT.
JUST SAY NO.

As for the trucks not being up to the very high standards ( I believe you said Bangladeshis only drive Mercedes Rolls-Royce and Lamborghini's ) that are the de jure entitlement of every Bangladeshi, all I can say is that many many countries import them and are more than happy to have them. The company expanded by 48% and registers double digit growth in exports.

View attachment 814651
View attachment 814652
View attachment 814653

View attachment 814656

You are ignored - you low life Parle-G eating Sanghi.

jaisi karni waisi bharni. Uncivilized people deserve an equal response.

Last edited:
Some latest Walton consumer appliance models intro'd this year. From day one - this brand has developed export-compatible high-end global standard features for all their product lines. Just like the leading global brands.

AI and IOT enabled smart refrigerator with touch screen
272883011_5187779344619498_727116700431178841_n.jpg

Special cellphones for photo aficionados (featuring five cameras) Primo ZX4
252250474_4833933123337457_1762137520040969872_n.jpg

Thin Bezel technology even for lower end LED Smart TV models (screens made locally in Bangladesh) - 43" LED Smart TV priced at Tk. 38,500
263022943_4933105720086863_5780319981408993624_n.jpg

Walpad 10 in. Tablet
Android™ 10 OS, Helio P60 Octa-Core Processor, 10.5” FHD (1920x1200) IPS Display, Brightness 480nits, RAM 6GB, LPDDR4, Storage 128GB, Battery 7000 mAh, Network 2G/3G/4G, USB Type C compatible. Screen, Battery, motherboard and almost all hardware made in-house.

249995148_4317223531740259_5373761033651766300_n.jpg

All in one UNIFY PC with Bezel-less screen (almost all components except HDD, RAM made locally)
248142554_4868331199897649_2425384518740986577_n.jpg

2.5" 1TB SSD drive, Read 550 MB/S, Write 500 MB/S. DRAM Cache available
255372974_4858588630871906_5214250633866712147_n.jpg

Soundbar/Subwoofer with Bluetooth, AUX, USB connectivity. WSB40 and WSB120 models have 40W and 120W of output audio power with WSB120 having a subwoofer added. The two soundbars are priced at Tk5,750 and Tk9,750 respectively, Yes this is TOSLINK fiber optic audio and HDMI audio compatible.
254925911_4855402801190489_9068579593650909295_n.jpg

walton_soundbar_picture.jpg

Commercial A/C units (high end compressors made locally in-house)
264460554_4946192868778148_854773926631545199_n.jpg

Of course they make thousands of other items which I cannot highlight here due to space constraint. Please make a request and I will see if I can cater. By the way among industrial items I believe they also manufacture lifts.

Last edited:
Walton seems to have a vision and that's good for growing your business.
Though it had only 11 m usd exports in 2020 , it has targeted 100 m usd in this financial year.
But its focusing on too many items like phones and led screens at the same time. Recipe for disaster in such a competitive space , with a fast changing technology.
Better to concentrate on white goods , in which it has experience.
Aim should be initially market share and then profits. Beat the Chinese at their own game.

Well its mainly bhakts chest-beating about superiority of Indian product.
Or a bangladeshi retard throwing fist in air just because there was a import of Indian goods

Bangladeshi products will not target higher end cellphone market in India, which are dominated by Chinese REDMI and REALME brands as well as Samsung and Apple of course. The Chinese phone price/quality ratio is higher than Bangladeshi and of course Indian cellphones because of economies of scale.

Where Bangladesh will do well is feature phones and lower priced smartphones such as the Primo H9 I posted above. They also might enter the market using OEM arrangement under Indian brand.

Indian labor cost is easily twice as much, as in Bangladesh - so I don't see a problem there price-wise.

The problem will come with these Indian customs and excise people trying to block Bangladeshi imports to India using flimsy pretexts.

Everyone knows these Indian customs people are on-the-take from Indian mfrs.

Net loser are Indian consumers who will not benefit from healthy competition and lower prices.
Why you don't want tax , if indian companies are paying it so should bangladeshi ones too , or you just begs to enter indian market and wants to be favoured compared to indian companies

Though it had only 11 m usd exports in 2020 , it has targeted 100 m usd in this financial year.
But its focusing on too many items like phones and led screens at the same time. Recipe for disaster in such a competitive space , with a fast changing technology.
Aim should be initially market share and then profits. Beat the Chinese at their own game.
They are working hard , that's good , but this guys @Bilal9 due to his inferiority complex start abusing us for no reason , when his country is no competition

Well yes you have a point.

Their strategy is not too far off of the mark from what you mentioned.

But they are biding their time and taking a slow cautionary approach.

Sowing seeds in virgin ground...

They have that luxury given the majority market share at home they enjoy (and will for the near future IMHO).

Well yes you have a point.

Their strategy is not too far off of the mark from what you mentioned.

But they are biding their time and taking a slow cautionary approach.

Sowing seeds in virgin ground...

They have that luxury given the majority market share at home they enjoy (and will for the near future IMHO).

Why are you posting useless links of Indian auto manufacturing? How is this relevant to anything we are discussing?
Well as per you indian automobiles are not price competitive and of poor quality so why does companies use India as manufacturing plant location in place of super capable bangla land

Its the duty of the government to protect the people from low grade dangerous goods.
By that logic i agree that BD goverment is doing a terrible job. Indian products are hazardous. Cars and motorbikes are nowhere near international standards. The same for almost all indian products, which explain why its export of capital goods are almost neglible. Indian consumer goods are also low rate and BD local products are usually better.

Its time for BD goverment to realize that indian products are very dangerous for helth and safety. Should have placed blanket ban long time ago.

If indian treat the only friendly nation in the nighborhood this way. No reason to wonder why it simply fails to live up to its potential. India is barely a regional power and that is nothing but a failure of its own foreign policies.

Back
Top Bottom