What's new

ASELSAN has sold 16 E/O ASELPODs to Pakistan for $25 million

Nice purchase would have been nice if it was 100 pods were purchased

The concept of the POD operation is that you only put one on an aircraft, that is needed for that particular mission. Analysis shows that anywhere from 14-16 units may have been acquired, with the price around 1.5 Million USD. This is remarkable in the pod world, as there is no system contemporary to ASELPOD at this price. As a product win, if ASELSAN did secure the JF17 contract, it would mean a great lot on the global forum, and will shivers down the spine of many traditional suppliers like Thales Optronique.

If He talked about old PAF years and Air Force 1980's-1990's capabilities which is directly related with his profession, I would have respected to his statements without any doubt but His experience in PAF is not a proof to make me believe anything He tells about Turkish defence projects and products. If a person points out his past experiences as a source, It means The fault commenced at the beginning of discussion. In modern World, We just respect the values of respected source and official mouths instead of people's egos or respect points or ages.

Please don't negate the experience. It's a linear world with memory - quantum leaps are high suspects..

lite1.jpg

Litening-3

Diameter: 40,6cm
Weight: 208kg
IR sensor: 640 * 480 pixel
FOV: 0,77-21,2

ASELPOD_pg1.jpg

AselPod
Diameter: 4,30 cm
Length: 235 cm
Weight 240 kg
IR sensor: 640*512 pixel
FOV: 0,8-28

You will be surprised how inefficient SSM companies are, that despite license production and KOM purchase, they take forever to deliver a product.

And it is the Pakistani industry who said that !!!

Pakistan's military industry level NATO (Apart from the bomb's nuclear program) anyway it exists ???

It's a great joke. ^ ^

So you haven't done your homework. Lightning is NOT a USA product
Sorry but ı must correct its litening not lightening and you didnt get my point.
What ı wanted to say we transfered technology from Israel.It is Northrop Grumman LITENING now because they teamed with Rafael so all rights related with USA and they dont give us this kind of technology.

Guys Plz ... A humble request to all of you .... Plz move on

A person has just presented his 'OPINION' in a sober manner, we all have the right to accept or not to accept it .... Our Turkish Brethren have nicely disagree with the the opinion, which is enough to counter debate the Bilal Khan post.

The Best thing is Turkey has the capability in place not only for its own needs but can be helpful to other partners as well.

Last edited:
Sorry but ı must correct its litening not lightening and you didnt get my point.
What ı wanted to say we transfered technology from Israel.It is Northrop Grumman LITENING now because they teamed with Rafael so all rights related with USA and they dont give us this kind of technology.

Didn't i say that in the first place?

Sir Araz, It is not about being Ex-PAF, being 69 year old, being 45 or 25 or 30 years experience in the field or claims to know inside out about turkish products. The thing is about being humble, not being condescending and having superiority complex. The Turkish members here are nothing short of being respectful and sharing knowledge that they can backup. What the other party is constantly offering, His word ? Sir Araz, do you know this person personally and has verified his credentials that what he claims to be, he is ? If not than he is nor more than a person whose chahcha mama, cousin, phophaa, phuphi ka beta, or abba jee or abba jee ka dost, or Neighbor walay Uncle is some sort of PAF or Ex PaF and he gets his info from their and then obscure all his background so he can justify leaking news he constantly hears from deep sources

If a person is going to offer himself as a source and going to continuously being condescending to others when they refute him. Then it is better we start taking @Viper0011. wild stories of what goes inside inner corridor of powers and Pakistani politics and about what went inside pak-america meetings serious and as a matter of fact and We start believing every word Prasuna K gupta has said about Pakistani missile programs as a matter of fact as well because both of these persons share extraordinary details
We have some ex-PAF members who are not tagged as of yet. Mr.Bilal is one of them. You can check his ratings posts. He mentioned the pod a week back. He mentioned an f16 lot, 2 weeks back. You can check his discussions regarding GIDS etc with oscar. He is the real deal.
He does not belong to the copy-paste-internet linking generation.

@Bilal Khan 777, Sir would you be kind enough to give a general introduction about yourself? Regards

Also where would you place the turkish pod in comparison to the top 3 pods?

Guys Plz ... A humble request to all of you .... Plz move on

A person has just presented his 'OPINION' in a sober manner, we all have the right to accept or not to accept it .... Our Turkish Brethren have nicely disagree with the the opinion, which is enough to counter debate the Bilal Khan post.

But of course ! If he (Pakistan) had bought the targeting pod Chinese. He would not have said that the Chinese have stolen technology to Western.

I don't think this discussion should be over.
Sides need to show their references about their claims.

This is rude.

We have some ex-PAF members who are not tagged as of yet. Mr.Bilal is one of them. You can check his ratings posts. He mentioned the pod a week back. He mentioned an f16 lot, 2 weeks back. You can check his discussions regarding GIDS etc with oscar. He is the real deal.
He does not belong to the copy-paste-internet linking generation.

@Bilal Khan 777, Sir would you be kind enough to give a general introduction about yourself? Regards

Manti, If i tell you who you are, that would be my last post here. The smart ones can tell wankers from the officers. I am a proud member of flying uniform who has served his country full dedication, and is here only to interact with you brilliant minds of today to make you more objective and critical thinkers.

That is it.

But of course ! If he (Pakistan) had bought the targeting pod Chinese. He would not have said that the Chinese have stolen technology to Western.

My boy, i know exactly where the WMD7 comes from, upto component level. Unlike you, I don't speculate.

Manti, If i tell you who you are, that would be my last post here. The smart ones can tell wankers from the officers. I am a proud member of flying uniform who has served his country full dedication, and is here only to interact with you brilliant minds of today to make you more objective and critical thinkers.

That is it.

My boy, i know exactly where the WMD7 comes from, upto component level. Unlike you, I don't speculate.
Also where would you place the turkish pod in comparison to the top 3 pods? And the wmd-7 and our current pods. As we are enthusiasts, rating them on a scale of 1 to 10 would be easier to understand.

Also I would like to ask a question regarding the need of a deep strike double engine fighter.Do we need it? yes/no/maybe we can make up with f16/jf17 combo?

First :

- Sniper Advanced Targeting Pod

Second (Almost all to equality) :

- Thales Damocles

- LITENING (Rafael)

- ASELPOD

o_O

Live China (Secret service in Western military Industry) Grandpa... :partay:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom