What's new

ASELSAN has sold 16 E/O ASELPODs to Pakistan for $25 million

There is no licence built for AselPod. Turkey has been pouring money and spent serious time for development of E/O devices, subsystems and detectors. It is the reason officials pay extra money for establishment of additional installations along with universty inputs.

sure. There is many in Pakistan who also think our various products are indigenous.

https://defence.pk/threads/turkish-electronic-warfare-electro-optics-systems.342061/

sure. There is many in Pakistan who also think our various products are indigenous.

I don't think but know what I tell to you...

Turkey has worked around 15 years to develop and produce own 640x512 QWIP photodetectors which is the most critical sensor of E/O devices.

Aselsankzltesidedektr.jpg
Aselsankzltesidedektr-1.jpg

There are 5-6 well-known producer of such detectors in World and Turkey is not even allowed to purchase them cause of countries export policies. Such critical components are used as a politic tool among countries so Development of them is vital If you want to be free on your foreign policy.

To realize the importance of 3rd generation QWIP photodetectors' capabilities, Take a look at here !
thermal.jpg

Aselsan produces 3rd generation thermal E/O solutions from tanks to air and naval platforms.
Aselsan MGEO sensor and Aselsan HassasOptic installations are producing most critical parts of E/O devices !

Cooled photo-detector
qwip.jpg

11kd029.jpg

There is no rival. ASELPOD is a license built Lightning III, even if Turkey wants to make it look like their own. Chinese pods are not ready to PAF standards, and Thales is not offering. This makes the Turks the only available technology options. It is likely that the ASELPOD is the chosen ATP for JF17.

The Pod would need to be qualified and integrated for JF17, and that will be a 2 year process prior to the system coming in use.
The last paragraph of your post suggests use of ASELPOD with bl. 3 JFT and subsequent induction into earlier blocks. Are we going to do the integration or is turkey going to work for us?
A

Last edited:
The lastpara of your post suggests use of ASELPOD with bl. 3 3 and subsequent induction into earlier blocks. Are we going to do the integration or is turkey going to work for us?
A

All integration is done in Pakistan.

The lastpara of your post suggests use of ASELPOD with bl. 3 3 and subsequent induction into earlier blocks. Are we going to do the integration or is turkey going to work for us?
A

-For integration (If It is Thunder), It is a must for both Turkish and Pakistani engineers to work together.
-For Turkish upgraded F-16(If the upgrade contains the Turkish source-codes), Aselpod can only be integrated by Turkish engineers.
-For F-16 Block 50+ or USA upgraded blocks, It is needed USA approval to integrate AselPod for them.

https://defence.pk/threads/turkish-electronic-warfare-electro-optics-systems.342061/

I don't think but know what I tell to you...

Turkey has worked around 15 years to develop and produce own 640x512 QWIP photodetectors which is the most critical sensor of E/O devices.

Aselsankzltesidedektr.jpg
Aselsankzltesidedektr-1.jpg

There are 5-6 well-known producer of such detectors in World and Turkey is not even allowed to purchase them cause of countries export policies. Such critical components are used as a politic tool among countries so Development of them is vital If you want to be free on your foreign policy.

To realize the importance of 3rd generation QWIP photodetectors' capabilities, Take a look at here !
thermal.jpg

Aselsan produces 3rd generation thermal E/O solutions from tanks to air and naval platforms.
Aselsan MGEO sensor and Aselsan HassasOptic installations are producing most critical parts of E/O devices !

Cooled photo-detector
qwip.jpg

11kd029.jpg

detector core doesnt make a ATP. Algorithms do. You won't believe anything i say, so just believe that everything SSM is making is indigenous. good for you.

-For integration (If It is Thunder), It is a must for both Turkish and Pakistani engineers to work together.
-For Turkish upgraded F-16(If the upgrade contains the Turkish source-codes), Aselpod can only be integrated by Turkish engineers.
-For F-16 Block 50+ or USA upgraded blocks, It is needed USA approval to integrate AselPod for them.

For Avionics integration, you don't need engineers, you need a SIL. The SIL is in Pakistan. All integration is done in Pakistan.

detector core doesnt make a ATP. Algorithms do. You won't believe anything i say, so just believe that everything SSM is making is indigenous. good for you.

To make me belive, You should back up your sayings with reliable sources and official images instead of your imaginations dude..

To make me belive, You should back up your sayings with reliable sources and official images instead of your imaginations dude..

Dude, i have 45 years of experience in my field, and well respected on this forum. What do you have, dude?

A

Not necessarily BL3, it may also integrate with BL2

Dude, i have 45 years of experience in my field, and well respected on this forum. What do you have, dude?

It doesn't make me interest whether you are a respected member or not in this forum or your experience, If It is about a Turkish system that I know all processes from the beggining to current. Your experience is not a correct explanation to make me believe about anything you spread about AselPod. What I am saying is that Your sayings don't make any sense without pointing any proof but just reflect your assumptions based on nothing. Don't expect me to believe everything you say cause of you are a respected member. Either tell us which factors make you think AselPod is a licence built of Litening-3 with reliable source and official images or I advice you not to spread false informations regarding a system that you don't have any idea about development processes.

Who gives a pod to produce under licence.That souns nonesense.Turkey also use that pod and also produce it under licence possibly downgraded? You need buy from that pod around 1000 to need to produce it under licence.And if we produce it under licence,why we also use sniper pods? Nonesense

@Bilal Khan 777

So you're saying that Aselsan CATS is also a licence built derivative of Lightning? o_O

http://www.aselsan.com.tr/en-us/cap...atforms/cats-common-aperture-targeting-system

I think CATS and Aselpod share a few components.

The Turks will just vehemently oppose me. I have been to ASELSAN, and seen all the facilities, and talked to the engineers. I can tell from the build maturity and component origin where the "KOM" is actually coming from. Anyway, lets just agree that Turkey is so advanced now that they developed their own ATP. Congratulations but LOL.

Who gives a pod to produce under licence.That souns nonesense.Turkey also use that pod and also produce it under licence possibly downgraded? You need buy from that pod around 1000 to need to produce it under licence.And if we produce it under licence,why we also use sniper pods? Nonesense
Who gives a pod!! thats the key word.

For Avionics integration, you don't need engineers, you need a SIL. The SIL is in Pakistan. All integration is done in Pakistan.

SIL means system integration laboratory which engineers employ. It is not important question "where" but "How". Turkey sent own product called AselPod with own qualified engineers to USA for integration efforts to F-16 CCIP fighters upgraded by TAI/LockheedMartin. It is no need USA engineers to integrate it for F-16s upgraded/to be upgraded with Aselsan "Ozgur" avionic and mission computer solution since software interfaces and secrets of both system belong to Turkish engineers.

F-16 Özgür
file.php

Gentlemen.
No need to get riled up. At the end of the day it is an opinion forum. The gentleman you are arguing with is Ex PAF and a professional in his field. You have your own experiences. Lets keep it civil. If you dont agree lets agree to disagree and move on.
This is a request to all brothers. We have too many external battles to fight without bickering amongst ourselves.
Regards
A

Back
Top Bottom