What's new

ASELSAN has sold 16 E/O ASELPODs to Pakistan for $25 million

The Turks will just vehemently oppose me. I have been to ASELSAN, and seen all the facilities, and talked to the engineers.
Why shouldn't they since you only claim and base it on "I have been to ASELSAN, and seen all the facilities, and talked to the engineers."? That isn't a source.

he is EX PAF and have 25 years experience in the field so his words hold more value then ours
I value his words when he proves his "claim". I am not interested in his years of exprience already.

Most of our products are new and many of them developed in last 10 years period.I dont know how many years ago he has been in Turkey but it is not logical that USA gives something to Turkey about Litening pod.We all know it is very critical technology and restiricted with export laws.May be to Israel but not to Turkey.Before bad relations we learnt a lot from Israel

Aselpods development has begun 2016 it took nearly 10 years. You don't need for finished and licenced product to produce 10 years.

http://www.ssm.gov.tr/home/projects/Sayfalar/proje.aspx?projeID=187

studio201606155g61peqv2n.png

what more proof you need than that he is a respected professional of PAF
This isn't a proof.
has more experience then our age his words are source on their own
His words are no different than yours when he can't prove his claim but support it as he has been to Aselsan.
why would he lie he is 69 years old is here only to educate us not to score some points.
I am not calling him a liar but he needs to prove his claim, his years of exprience and being a respected member on forum, doesn't prove that:

ASELPOD is a license built Lightning III
This isn't education.

Anyway, lets just agree that Turkey is so advanced now that they developed their own ATP. Congratulations but LOL.
I don't know but that doesn't sound like 69 years old :)

Last edited:
SO Mods, when does trolling become insulting? Anyway, our Turk brothers and sons have the right of their opinion.

While some gents here know me already, among all your bruhaha and Internet jockeying, you had no idea or access to information about the Pakistan sale. There is more to this world than just "proof" posted on the internet.

I respect that you suddenly feel that you need to fight for the honour of your country, just because an old man disagrees on the origin of your product based on his experience, but that is his opinion. It can be wrong. Nothing wrong with that. You should learn to respect people's opinion, so that they respect yours.

BR

I value his words when he proves his "claim". I am not interested in his years of exprience already.

My son, i need to prove anything, and i am not here to prove anything. Perhaps you are. When you get some experience yourself in life, you may learn the value of experience. Right now, the signs don't seem optimistic.

Aselpods development has begun 2016 it took nearly 10 years. You don't need for finished and licenced product to produce 10 years.

http://www.ssm.gov.tr/home/projects/Sayfalar/proje.aspx?projeID=187

studio201606155g61peqv2n.png

You will be surprised how inefficient SSM companies are, that despite license production and KOM purchase, they take forever to deliver a product.

Last edited:
Gentlemen.
No need to get riled up. At the end of the day it is an opinion forum. The gentleman you are arguing with is Ex PAF and a professional in his field. You have your own experiences. Lets keep it civil. If you dont agree lets agree to disagree and move on.
This is a request to all brothers. We have too many external battles to fight without bickering amongst ourselves.
Regards
A
Thanks for trying to cool it down. At the end of the day you've got the pod or whatever it is. As for the novices, as long as the cat can catch mice we don't bother whether it's green or blue...

Most of our products are new and many of them developed in last 10 years period.I dont know how many years ago he has been in Turkey but it is not logical that USA gives something to Turkey about Litening pod.We all know it is very critical technology and restiricted with export laws.May be to Israel but not to Turkey.Before bad relations we learnt a lot from Israel

So you haven't done your homework. Lightning is NOT a USA product. It is an Israeli product that is sold to USA through the Israeli subsidiary. The maturity and performance of the Turkish product gives away the origins. While they don't have the fast motion algorithms right yet, they are on the way with a brilliant effort and growth path. The testing is still on the CASA platform, and fighter is till static testing or taxi tests only. ASELPOD is going to be a brilliant product, but to say that it is entirely Turkish is like saying the Americans built the Space Shuttle on their own (it was always the design borrowed from Buran).

You can decide, yourself, to keep an open mind and learn on these forums from people twice or three times your age, and you can show us your flag waving patriotism and call us all kinds of things that come to your pedestrian minds. It is okay, we don't bother.

So you haven't done your homework. Lightning is NOT a USA product. It is an Israeli product that is sold to USA through the Israeli subsidiary. The maturity and performance of the Turkish product gives away the origins. While they don't have the fast motion algorithms right yet, they are on the way with a brilliant effort and growth path. The testing is still on the CASA platform, and fighter is till static testing or taxi tests only. ASELPOD is going to be a brilliant product, but to say that it is entirely Turkish is like saying the Americans built the Space Shuttle on their own (it was always the design borrowed from Buran).

You can decide, yourself, to keep an open mind and learn on these forums from people twice or three times your age, and you can show us your flag waving patriotism and call us all kinds of things that come to your pedestrian minds. It is okay, we don't bother.
All properties (including intellectual) are stolen - Karl Marx

he is EX PAF and have 25 years experience in the field so his words hold more value then ours

If He talked about old PAF years and Air Force 1980's-1990's capabilities which is directly related with his profession, I would have respected to his statements without any doubt but His experience in PAF is not a proof to make me believe anything He tells about Turkish defence projects and products. If a person points out his past experiences as a source, It means The fault commenced at the beginning of discussion. In modern World, We just respect the values of respected source and official mouths instead of people's egos or respect points or ages.

Gentlemen.
No need to get riled up. At the end of the day it is an opinion forum. The gentleman you are arguing with is Ex PAF and a professional in his field. You have your own experiences. Lets keep it civil. If you dont agree lets agree to disagree and move on.
This is a request to all brothers. We have too many external battles to fight without bickering amongst ourselves.
Regards
A

Sir Araz, It is not about being Ex-PAF, being 69 year old, being 45 or 25 or 30 years experience in the field or claims to know inside out about turkish products. The thing is about being humble, not being condescending and having superiority complex. The Turkish members here are nothing short of being respectful and sharing knowledge that they can backup. What the other party is constantly offering, His word ? Sir Araz, do you know this person personally and has verified his credentials that what he claims to be, he is ? If not than he is nor more than a person whose chahcha mama, cousin, phophaa, phuphi ka beta, or abba jee or abba jee ka dost, or Neighbor walay Uncle is some sort of PAF or Ex PaF and he gets his info from their and then obscure all his background so he can justify leaking news he constantly hears from deep sources

If a person is going to offer himself as a source and going to continuously being condescending to others when they refute him. Then it is better we start taking @Viper0011. wild stories of what goes inside inner corridor of powers and Pakistani politics and about what went inside pak-america meetings serious and as a matter of fact and We start believing every word Prasuna K gupta has said about Pakistani missile programs as a matter of fact as well because both of these persons share extraordinary details

If He talked about old PAF years and Air Force 1980's capabilities which is directly related with his profession, I would have respected to his statements without any doubt but His experience in PAF is not a proof to make me believe anything He tells about Turkish defence projects and products. If a person points out his past experiences as a source, It means The fault commenced at the beginning of discussion. In modern World, We just respect the values of respected source and official mouths instead of people's egos or respect points in forum pages.

Do you know, that sometimes retired people also remain involved with the non-retired people in some capacity?

Sir Araz, It is not about being Ex-PAF, being 69 year old, being 45 or 25 or 30 years experience in the field or claims to know inside out about turkish products. The thing is about being humble, not being condescending and having superiority complex. The Turkish members here are nothing short of being respectful and sharing knowledge that they can backup. What the other party is constantly offering, His word ? Sir Araz, do you know this person personally and has verified his credentials that what he claims to be, he is ? If not than he is nor more than a person whose chahcha mama, cousin, phophaa, phuphi ka beta, or abba jee or abba jee ka dost, or Neighbor walay Uncle is some sort of PAF or Ex PaF and he gets his info from their and then obscure all his background so he can justify leaking news he constantly hears from deep sources

If a person is going to offer himself as a source and going to continuously being condescending to others when they refute him. Then it is better we start taking @Viper0011. wild stories of what goes inside inner corridor of powers and Pakistani politics and about what went inside pak-america meetings serious and as a matter of fact and We start believing every word Prasuna K gupta has said about Pakistani missile programs as a matter of fact as well because both of these persons share extraordinary details

Yes, you are right. I am just making up everything, on every subject. Starting from pointing out that the ATP deal was done, and it was not WMD 7. You are the right to be skeptical and not believe. I have been questioned before, and asked to given proof, and I can't. Sorry. Whatever I say on topics of my interest is proven right. I will maintain that it is my opinion. I have not been condescending or insulting. It is only my opinion based on my view of the world.

Back
Top Bottom