What's new

ASELSAN has sold 16 E/O ASELPODs to Pakistan for $25 million

Last edited:
Hope to see a likely cooperation for EW pod called "MehPod" for JF-17 after AselPod deal !
I know I am opening up a whole can of worms here, but how indigenous is your ECM/EW technology?

I know I am opening up a whole can of worms here, but how indigenous is your ECM/EW technology?
To be politically correct, it's called "reference design". My gut feeling is that it works in the following way. Once every building blocks and their interactions both hardware and software wise are mastered to the level where it can be modified at will, the next level of development starts. Now specs from all concerned parties are gathered and scrutinized and put into action items are formed under a rigorous project management system. Tasks are distributed among different parties including academia. Thanks to some pioneers in top notch Turkish universities research in solid state physics pertaining to high frequency operations has matured enough to include GaN based device design and fabrication. Microwaves has always been a strong point. More than 40 years of experience in designing, developing and manufacturing NATO standard complex defense systems are already there. Now that all the critical components are ready, IMHO, all the experience in EW can be developed into systems through modifications and improvements. Now, critics might question the degree of indigenousness, but at the end of the day Turkish folks own them..

*Through trial and error developing new systems from reference designs appears to be not a big deal, or so I thought. But, I have learnt in this forum that for some folks it may be dead hard. Now, I am opening a can of trolls....

Last edited by a moderator:
Am i missing something? where is the news that the POD was sold to "Pakistan"?it just say undisclosed.

Am i missing something? where is the news that the POD was sold to "Pakistan"?it just say undisclosed.
There's a news clip from Hurriyet somewhere in this thread, at 4:00 they say it was Pakistan

"Though the export customer not declared officially, these pods have been exported to Pakistan. They will be integrated on F-16s."

About the source Hürriyet is the second big newspaper in the Turkey. And the Journalist Ugur Cebeci presents this Kokpit program for years....So, i would say the sales to Pakistan is %99 True.
doesnt make any logical sense if its for f-16s, as we already have sniper, and Americans have no reservation selling more if we want and i am pretty much confident that sniper is better if not as good

i think this is a strategic shift of focus, it means that Pakistan will now focus using thunder for its operation more against TTP and reserve f-16s as it seems, its not getting any more freebies

this will also give an alternative option for third party buyers, meaning the block 2/3 or next export thunder might have complete western package for some customers, this is one of the step, it will break through for both turkey an pakistan

Congrats to both sides, ASEL-POD will be a great asset for us! I suppose the Next Pod that we ought to look forward to is the SAR Pod from Aselsan!
19Y4Qv0.jpg

MpXNA1%205.jpg

Hi,

Pleas give an example " what is indigenous "---like give a brand name from different countries.
Let's re-phrase the question. "Can you sell Pakistan the stuff that has your brand on it?"

Back
Top Bottom