dscf0172ms.jpg
dscf0173x.jpg

Attack vehicle
dscf0163v.jpg

dscf0165x.jpg

dscf0168l.jpg

dscf0169s.jpg

dscf0170w.jpg

They have to make a thing to stabilisation. When this baby fires it wil shake it.....

zma-30-teknik.jpg

Inshallah in a few years turkish air defences big gaps and outdated equipment will be fixed and replaced thanks to Korkut, hisar A&O. I believe by 2017-18 the efforts exerted by our engineers in various projects will b clearly visible as many projects will join TSK inventory. T-129 Atak in significant numbers, anka, altay, bayraktar uas, mpt 76, longer range som,maybe arma,more indigenous ships in service,hurkus, maybe tulpar,maybe leo 2NG.

Last edited:
Isn't it's vehicle so high ?..

Having a low turret isn't very important for a SPAAG. A small turret is useful when when firing from hull-down position against a land target, or to present a smaller target to other land opponents, but the SPAAGs opponent is in the sky, so a smaller turret wouldn't help. But even so, the Korkut is one of the smallest SPAAGs. Compare it to the ones madmusti posted and it's the smallest, shortest and lightest (and the only one that can swim). It even has bigger guns (2x35mm) than the heavier and larger Tunguska (2x30mm). And, unlike the others, it fires AHEAD rounds which are much more effective.

Having a low turret isn't very important for a SPAAG. A small turret is useful when when firing from hull-down position against a land target, or to present a smaller target to other land opponents, but the SPAAGs opponent is in the sky, so a smaller turret wouldn't help. But even so, the Korkut is one of the smallest SPAAGs. Compare it to the ones madmusti posted and it's the smallest, shortest and lightest (and the only one that can swim). It even has bigger guns (2x35mm) than the heavier and larger Tunguska (2x30mm). And, unlike the others, it fires AHEAD rounds which are much more effective.

No, i didn't mean the turret.... I said it just for the vehicle... Is vehicle's height a need ?..

No, i didn't mean the turret.... I said it just for the vehicle... Is vehicle's height a need ?..

The hull is a bit taller than average but the turret is shorter than average, so overall it's shorter than average. For example, total height is 3.6m for Korkut compared to 4m for Tunguska.

The hull is a bit taller than average but the turret is shorter than average, so overall it's shorter than average. For example, total height is 3.6m for Korkut compared to 4m for Tunguska.

So we can produce hull shorter and make it even more shorter then overall... :)

I mean this hull is produced for combat and for personnel carriage... But KORKUT needs a small crew only... As CM said this hull didn't designed specially for KORKUT System...

Anyways thx again...

Last edited:
I mean this hull is produced for combat and for personnel carriage... But KORKUT needs a small crew only... As CM said this hull didn't designed specially for KORKUT System...

That's true, but all that space is needed to store about 2000 of these:
35x228+at+hand.jpg

I'm not sure exactly how many rounds the Korkut will store, but the more room for ammo, the better.

The other benefit is that it shares a lot of parts with other ACV-S based units, so it's cheaper and maintenance is easier/cheaper.

IMO it's a pretty good design.

Back
Top Bottom