What's new

ASEAN Defense Industries, Comparison among countries

To be honest, I don't think Vietnam is in the right place there. They import a lot of arms but their local industry is lacking (should be below Malaysia). Myanmar is better than Philippines for sure, and arguably better than Malaysia.

I think we should make a special thread called "Viet's Special Wanking Off Thread" for you to keep your wet dreams on one place and not going anywhere else. You know, you can write about how great Vietnam is and we're gonna read it and maybe give you some thumbs to make you feel better, that'd be great, no? I mean we don't mind to help someone with special needs, but don't ruin this thread.
No problem for me. But please don't drag Vietnam here in this thread.

Vietnam is not ASEAN? Tell me a good reason to not write anything about Vietnam here.
Very simple. The people of Vietnam feel offended.

BIG BULLSHIT, Vietnam spends 2,3 percents of their GDP for military spending and almost tenth percent of yearly Government budget for military. It just your country economic scale still so minuscule that you cant show off that much.
http://money.cnn.com/2016/05/23/news/vietnam-military-spending/

If those scale applied to Indonesia, most ASEAN countries will cry river and shouting Indonesia had trigger an arm races in the region as we will match Australian or South Korean scale of defense spending. For years Indonesia still maintain less than 1% of GDP defense spending.

@ahojunk @Shotgunner51

please deal with this arrogant poster here
I heard of this percentage thing from other Chinese posters 100 times. First, you should look at the absolute figure, $5 billion to $215 billions. second, I would welcome if Indonesia increases military budget to the level of Korea. Because right now, nobody takes your army seriously, not even the Malays. Yes, we spend too much on defense in percentage, that is a waste of money. If you can convince the Chinese to remain peaceful, not attacking us, we will reduce to $1 billion military budget.

The indo posters should print your post 100,000 times and throw the leaflets from a plane over a populated city.

We formed the first professional army when Jesus Christ was a young man. We defeated the most powerful army in ancient time, the 1 million men strong Mongolia army, when they crushed your powerful China army and plus half of the world. Ni, we don't need to brag every day. Yes, that all happened very long ago, nearly 2,000 years, before a country called Indonesia exists.
don't be off topic.

the thread is about the ASEAN countries defence industry in the 21st centry. NOT about ancient history hundreds years ago.

Very simple. The people of Vietnam feel offended.

The people of Vietnam feel offended because we are talking about local defense industry of ASEAN countries? Is Vietnam defense industry that shameful for you? And the one I see offending other country and talking nonsense here is none but yourself, I'd be shameful if I were a Vietnamese and seeing someone like you talking as a representative of "the people of Vietnam".

The people of Vietnam feel offended because we are talking about local defense industry of ASEAN countries? Is Vietnam defense industry that shameful for you? And the one I see offending other country and talking nonsense here is none but yourself, I'd be shameful if I were a Vietnamese and seeing someone like you talking as a representative of "the people of Vietnam".
all wrong. we feel offended because you group us to nameless military countries. nobody in the western world know of any militaries in ASEAN, but all know Vietnam. similar the British feel offended if they are compared to the Italian army. but anyway if I was you, I won´t take thing too serious. you should relax, it is all for fun. I don´t talk for the people of VN.

PT Lundin's X-18 tank boat's actual sized model was introduced to public at Indo Defence 2016 exhibition in November and named "Antasena" by Indonesian Vice President. The name is taken from Indonesian Wayang stories character.
1651688_-_main.jpg

Antasena is using catamaran hull design made from advanced composite materials. This boat will be able to perform three main functions: as riverine and littoral patrol and giving fire support to the troop with it's HE 105mm turrent from CMI, as artillery support from the shore thanks to CMI's CT-CV turret with 42 degree elevation capability, and as troop/logistic transporter since the boat can load up to 20 troops. To complement 105mm turret the boat will also be equipped with OWS LEMUR from Bofors.
tank-boat-pindad.jpg

This tank boat has weight of 40 ton, 18 m length with 6.6 m beam and 1 m draught. It can move up to 40 knots. It drew some interests from Middle Eastern countries, UAE has signed MoU to procure this product.
9847b6e2.jpg

CwLDp7JUsAEbl74.jpg

all wrong. we feel offended because you group us to nameless military countries. nobody in the western world know of any militaries in ASEAN, but all know Vietnam. similar the British feel offended if they are compared to the Italian army. but anyway if I was you, I won´t take thing too serious. you should relax, it is all for fun. I don´t talk for the people of VN.

It's all good. I never take you seriously in the first place. We both are having fun, k?

Haha, I can compare chopsticks to a cannon. What's the difference? both can kill if apply it correctly. You can say that a cannon can kill more people. But that's not the point. The point is that both can "kill".

The Vietnamese doesn't need to focus so much on technology. Technology doesn't win a war alone. If you have time, watch the Vietnam War documentary. The Vietnam war was more brutal than WWI and WWII in terms of chemical, aircraft, ammunition and bombs used.

A lot of countries don't understand war because they have not yet being confronted. So the knowledge they got is from propaganda news on TV or Hollywood which don't fit reality. So if you ask any Vietnamese, what did the 25 long years of Vietnam War taught us? A lot of confident and courage and that we can turn just about anything into a weapon. But that's not all. War is complex and all kinds of magic is happening in between, even the US is not the master at it.

This is why comparing defensive technology is useless to Vietnam. Just don't underestimate us like our French and American friends did.

Vietnam's project 1241.8 Molniya is a further development from Tarantul-class corvette from Russia. Vietnam build four of this vessel locally at Ba Son shipyard with the assistance of Almaz Central Design Bureau from Russia.
537a91dc.jpg

The ship is armed with staggering 16 Uran-E anti ship missiles. Vietnam has been developing it's own anti-ship missile based on Uran-E (possibly ToT from Russia in 2013) and designated as KCT-15. Some info says the missile range was raised to 300 km with 300 kg warhead from the original range of 130 km and 140 kg warhead. With this development Vietnam would be the first country in Southeast Asia to be able to produce anti-ship missile.
Vietnam-produced-KCT-15-anti-ship-missile-3.jpg

Vietnam-produced-KCT-15-anti-ship-missile.jpg

Haha, I can compare chopsticks to a cannon. What's the difference? both can kill if apply it correctly. You can say that a cannon can kill more people. But that's not the point. The point is that both can "kill".

The Vietnamese doesn't need to focus so much on technology. Technology doesn't win a war alone. If you have time, watch the Vietnam War documentary. The Vietnam war was more brutal than WWI and WWII in terms of chemical, aircraft, ammunition and bombs used.

A lot of countries don't understand war because they have not yet being confronted. So the knowledge they got is from propaganda news on TV or Hollywood which don't fit reality. So if you ask any Vietnamese, what did the 25 long years of Vietnam War taught us? A lot of confident and courage and that we can turn just about anything into a weapon. But that's not all. War is complex and all kinds of magic is happening in between, even the US is not the master at it.

This is why comparing defensive technology is useless to Vietnam. Just don't underestimate us like our French and American friends did.

Nobody says technology win a war alone, but here we are talking about ASEAN defense industries development as you see on the title not "WHO WILL WIN A WAR BETWEEN SE ASIA NATIONS?" . See how your friend behave here and see again what we're all discussing.

Vietnam's project 1241.8 Molniya is a further development from Tarantul-class corvette from Russia. Vietnam build four of this vessel locally at Ba Son shipyard with the assistance of Almaz Central Design Bureau from Russia.
537a91dc.jpg

The ship is armed with staggering 16 Uran-E anti ship missiles. Vietnam has been developing it's own anti-ship missile based on Uran-E (possibly ToT from Russia in 2013) and designated as KCT-15. Some info says the missile range was raised to 300 km with 300 kg warhead from the original range of 130 km and 140 kg warhead. With this development Vietnam would be the first country in Southeast Asia to be able to produce anti-ship missile.
Vietnam-produced-KCT-15-anti-ship-missile-3.jpg

Vietnam-produced-KCT-15-anti-ship-missile.jpg

Nobody says technology win a war alone, but here we are talking about ASEAN defense industries development as you see on the title not "WHO WILL WIN A WAR BETWEEN SE ASIA NATIONS?" . See how your friend behave here and see again what we're all discussing.

haha, I've been on this site for a long time now and I've seen a lot of people talking about how powerful their ships are or how powerful their aircraft is. To me it's comical. It's hard to explain to you people so that you can understand it. Maybe it's fun to you to compare defense tech with other countries. Anyways, it's best to keep us out, thanks.

Last edited:
First Win 4x4 MRAP with all-welded steel V-shaped monocoque made in Chaiseri, Thailand. This vehicles has weight of 13 tons and max speed up to 100 km/h
First_Win_Chaiseri_Thailand_APC_2014_International_defense_and_security_exhibition_Paris_France_640_001.jpg

So far it has been exported and built under-license to Malaysia and renamed as "Lipan Bara"
14203235_1602469316719726_566163296348812494_n.jpg

Malaysia's Lipan Bara based on First Win 4x4

There is also smaller variant named First Win 4x4E
first_win_4x4_armoured_chaiseri_defense_and_security_2015_exhibition_thailand_bangkok_640_001.jpg

haha, I've been on this site for a long time now and I've seen a lot of people talking about how powerful their ships are or how powerful their aircraft is. To me it's comical. It's hard to explain to you people so that you can understand it. Anyways, it's best to keep us out, thanks.

The only one keep bragging and talking non sense on this thread alone is someone from your country, perhaps you should preach your wisdom to your own countrymen first.

First Win 4x4 MRAP with all-welded steel V-shaped monocoque made in Chaiseri, Thailand. This vehicles has weight of 13 tons and max speed up to 100 km/h
First_Win_Chaiseri_Thailand_APC_2014_International_defense_and_security_exhibition_Paris_France_640_001.jpg

So far it has been exported and built under-license to Malaysia and renamed as "Lipan Bara"
14203235_1602469316719726_566163296348812494_n.jpg

Malaysia's Lipan Bara based on First Win 4x4

There is also smaller variant named First Win 4x4E
first_win_4x4_armoured_chaiseri_defense_and_security_2015_exhibition_thailand_bangkok_640_001.jpg

The only one keep bragging and talking non sense on this thread alone is someone from your country, perhaps you should preach your wisdom to your countrymen first.

I don't think you understand or willing to understand. You just want to push your point onto someone. But you will not going to get far with that. I don't think you understand his point at all.

I don't think you understand or willing to understand. You just want to push your point onto someone. But you will not going to get far with that. I don't think you understand his point at all.

It's simple. Just tell us which part of this thread offend you. We won't understand you if you keep avoiding the question with this "I know something that you don't" kind of attitude. Just be straight and enlighten us please since you Vietnamese seem to have superior knowledge than the rest of other shitty ASEAN countries.

It's simple. Just tell us which part of this thread offend you. We won't understand you if you keep avoiding the question with this "I know something that you don't" kind of attitude. Just be straight and enlighten us please since you Vietnamese seem to have superior knowledge than the rest of other shitty ASEAN countries.

Whatever rocks your boat, bro.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom