What's new

As Iran's Military Enters Iraq, Here's A Look At What They Have In Their Arsenal

I usually don't say a thing but... If Changing the name of M-48 to Zulfiqar and repainting it is a bid deal......so be it.

You haven't even seen Zulfiqar before, have you?
How is it similar to M-48 in anyway? You could bring a better example.

Patience? Fine, but weren't you supposed to have some sort of life threatening operation? I don't want to call a falaj names. I want to call you names for your stupid posts while you're still able to walk.

@rmi5 My dad does the same thing as hazrate soheil when watching soccer. Every single attack for either team is predicted to be a goal. Finally when someone scores after 10000 predictions, my dad says "didi? didi goftam gol mishe?"

We need to open up a tab for Soheil's prophecies. The list is getting long.
========================================================================
Rambo's wahabi ninja cousin. Operating that thing with the right hand and keeping the skies from falling and the world ending with the left hand.

iran-military-women.jpg

Again you proved your madness ...

You don't have patience ... No problem ... I have ! :)

I usually don't say a thing but... If Changing the name of M-48 to Zulfiqar and repainting it is a bid deal......so be it.

Squeeze me ... What ?

the writer has no brain ...

S-300 ... :rofl:

Last edited:
Interesting how changing the name of M-48 to Zulfiqar and repainting it suddenly made it sport a seventh roadwheel

Why don't you do a side by side comparison between these 2 tanks and tell us about their similarities and differences?

Why don't you do a side by side comparison between these 2 tanks and tell us about their similarities and differences?
Imposibru

M-48 exists, the other with the arab name doesn't. They've shown it move once and the other 1000 times it's been in the back of a flat bed truck. And this being an akhoond creation, its internals aren't worth a damn either.

In the end, even if they manage to bring a number of these arab named tanks to the battle field, they'll just be cannon fodder.

how F-14A can be used against Isis is Beyond my understanding .

Isn't the iranian f-14 modified to attack ground targets ?

Pointless thread! While Iran may have some fancy weapon platforms like the S-300 missiles and submarines, none can be used in Iraq except for some fighter jets and drones.

What you need is boots on the ground - well trained forces with state of the art small arms and armored personnel carriers for fighting in built-up areas. This ain't conventional warfare.
Yes, I was thinking the same, writer should have focused on weapons that will come to play in Iraq.

I was reading this with face palm. I don't understand the writer! Is he trying to project Iran powerful? Because if that's the case then he shouldn't have mentioned the relics from the early days of Cold War and sold them as "hi-tech". Maybe this is a satire and I don't understand it?

Why bother: they are not related. M-48 is obsolete by at least 2 generations. It isn't even remotely similar to Zulfiquar (i.e. I was being sarcastic with that roadwheel remark)

Imposibru

M-48 exists, the other with the arab name doesn't. They've shown it move once and the other 1000 times it's been in the back of a flat bed truck. And this being an akhoond creation, its internals aren't worth a damn either.

In the end, even if they manage to bring a number of these arab named tanks to the battle field, they'll just be cannon fodder.
While you may have a point on the evidence (i.e. display only, so only external/visual confirmed info's), there are at least three different variants that have been displayed.

Z series tanks are in nutshell:
Zulfiqar 1 (Z1): an amalgam of M-46, M-60, T-55, Chieftain and some T-72 component. 200 built?
Z-2: 1 prototype was built and project scrapped.
Z-3: at least a protoype, looking like Korean K1l (a parallel development to M1A1).
Shown on footage moving under own power, firing, firing on the move.
Internals should be at least on par with best imported / licence produced tanks.

Movies Zulfiqar 3 MBT

Last edited:

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom