What's new

As Iran's Military Enters Iraq, Here's A Look At What They Have In Their Arsenal

Manpads v Mi-17
46860_625007450868374_1349015780_n.jpg

Manpads v Mi24 Hind
ukraine-helicopter-slaviansk.jpg

MANDPADs v AN-30
BpdDXsoCAAAt08s.png:medium

AN-30B-site-survey.png

i didnt refer to being lit up as in actual sense that beams are used, what i meant was plane being blown up. I guess i should be exact when talking about missiles and thei tracking.

IF you intended to speak about a plane blown up, why then did you include the word BEAM in your original post?

Your inital post suggested Su-25 being unsuitable because vulnerable to MANPADS. In fact, all planes are. And types like SU-25 less so. I know what I would rather use, given a choice of aircraft.

Last edited:
Manpads v Mi-17

Manpads v Mi24 Hind

MANDPADs v AN-30

AN-30B-site-survey.png
Soviet doctrine gave less importance to safety & more importance to quantity. High level of attrition rate is acceptable if you can replace your fallen weapon system quickly.

Manpads v Mi-17

Manpads v Mi24 Hind

MANDPADs v AN-30

AN-30B-site-survey.png

IF you intended to speak about a plane blown up, why then did you include the word BEAM in your original post?

Your initla post suggested Su-25 being unsuitable because vulnerable to MANPADS. In fact, all planes are. And types like SU-25 less so. I know what I would rather use, given a choice of aircraft.

I am not that anal about the technicalities man, so yeah and a little lack on knowledge on how tracking works cant be held against me.

Su 25 being low altitude attack aircraft are more vulnerable to other high flying ones. That was my point. I quit man, maybe i am wrong I've lost interest.

Soviet doctrine gave less importance to safety & more importance to quantity. High level of attrition rate is acceptable if you can replace your fallen weapon system quickly.
Yes. So, how does that reflect in their airraft design? Also, by what doctrine is the Iraqi airforce currently operating, and what is the doctrine likely to apply to the Irani force whose planes went into Iraq?

Su 25 being low altitude attack aircraft are more vulnerable to other high flying ones. That was my point.
Well, there are plusses and minusses there. For example: Low level flight is more difficult to detect early on, so it gives the opponent less reaction time. It also matters what specific missiles the aircraft is facing and what countermeasures are carried.

Back
Top Bottom