What's new

Article 149 to be implemented in Karachi!

Brother in politics there is no heroes. What PTI or government will get by becoming heroes? If they resign MQM fill their spaces in Karachi and will follow the suit in other provinces with respect to popularity of other parties against PTI.
Then PTI must do 1, 2 or 3..

1). Politics is NEVER one step end game. It is more complicated that chess.

4). What if these 14 + 28 people submit an application in Sindh H.C. on behalf of 22-million people they represent? Can the H.C. not endow them with "power" that is missing at the moment?

Sindh H.C judge is another pet of khoro or khosa

You think this is a joke? This isn't even about PPP's failures anymore. Any move that will lead to division of Sindh like this will harm the federation.

You've already frustrated pashtuns and that had resulted in PTM.
You've already frustrated the Baloch and they had initiated 2 great rebellions.

Do you want Sindhis to now rise up? If that's the case then you are in for a surprise.

This question should be other way around. Karachi people have right to rule themselves with in Pakistan like all others. Even if Sindhudesh is made, Karachi will not be part of it and neither Hydrabad. This is ground reality.

It can happen with Karachi remaining part of Sindh and keeping quota system. Just have separate budget for Karachi with in Sindh, controlled by who ever win in Karachi.

Not that much. I think they have acted in national interest many times.
those were just for making public fool. They said no more triple flood on 120 yards and then went for holidays and ppl still.making it by bribing etc.

They just take one notice and after that long night sleep

It can happen with Karachi remaining part of Sindh and keeping quota system. Just have separate budget for Karachi with in Sindh, controlled by who ever win in Karachi.
Constitution doesn't allow this bhai..

It's a power game between MQM and PPP.. and somehow PTI is also part of it. And Sindhudesh is a favorite dream of nationalists.. will never happen..

Punjab and Sindh are two different entities - in many ways.
Punjab never had a military action, as was faced by Sindhis in the 80s - during MRD movement.
Sindh is completely united on this issue.

PPP is not sincere to people of Sindh. PPP made millions of dollars on fake Zulfiqarabad City project.

Congratulations to the people of Karachi.
If Federal government decided to invoke 149 than they should but do it right. Federal government can start with Garbage, then move against water tanker mafia, fix the drainage system to prevent flooding, fix road and sewage system, remove all ghost employees by using biometric system for attendance in government offices, pilot education program, fix healthcare system, digitalize the city, move PIA headquarter to Islamabad.
Karachi should become Mecca for investors and generate revenue that can support Sindh and rest of Pakistan.

You can create provinces in Punjab but people of Punjab does really want that? that is the question cause people of Karachi want that.
You can blame MQM but we all know under current amendment in constitution powers are with PPP. MQM has nothing. Only solution to Karachi is to give mayor administrative powers like CM of sindh.

Actually seraikis and bhawalpur want a province of their own. Which is fine for me. Why focus on sindh only? I think the country needs more provinces including hazara. Same with baluchistan.

Regarding mqm i am talking about last 30 years. What have they done for karachi?

Do it, PTI....This resistance is futile and empty. No air.

Involve army in as well.

PM Khan should stay in Karachi for one month at least.

Karachi desperately wants development

Enough of this Sindh card's dirty politics by PPP goons. Karachi should Govern itself under Federal. I mean this is the country's metropolitan city we are talking about. I can't imagine to what level PPP swine's have taken it to. Once Karachi was called "City of lights", now its considered "City of garbage".

If its in my power than I will buried, Zardari, Billi (the F**king waste of sperm) rani, Murad Ali Shah, Saeed ghani & Mustaza Wahab etc beneath Karachi's garbage - bloody scums...

Actually seraikis and bhawalpur want a province of their own. Which is fine for me. Why focus on sindh only? I think the country needs more provinces including hazara. Same with baluchistan.

Regarding mqm i am talking about last 30 years. What have they done for karachi?

Whatever MQM did is not the issue. MQM never had their CM in Sindh, but once Mayor had a power in Karachi, they done better than other parties when they had power during Musharaf, they done better than our state institutions. MQM is now finished thanks to our state institutions. Now don't blame MQM, because they have no power. Now its state responsibility and Sindh responsibility to take care of Karachi. If state and Sindh will not do justice then blame goes to establishment. MQM is smiling because they know its easier to misguide educated class of Karachiites by realizing that establishment is responsible for the destruction and still not serious and used MQM. Blaming MQM will not help, trust me.

Last edited:
Whatever MQM did is not the issue. MQM never had their CM in Sindh, but once Mayor had a power in Karachi, they done better than other parties when they have power during Musharaf, they done better than our state institutions. MQM is now finished thanks to our state institutions. Now don't blame MQM, because they have no power. Now its state responsibility and Sindh responsibility to take care of Karachi. If state and Sindh will not do justice then blame goes to establishment. MQM is smiling because they know its easier to misguide educated class of Karachiites by realizing that establishment is responsible for the destruction and still not serious and used MQM. Blaming MQM will not help, trust me.
Good points.

Why not extend this law to interior Sindh, last time I checked, conditions were awful or much worse too. This should eliminate the "Sindh Card" being played here.

PPP has ruled Pakistan many times and for decades, yet interior Sindh is the worst off with maybe parts of Balochistan. In order for Pakistan to progress, waderas, jagirdars, sardars need to go. This includes, but is not limited to PPP. India got rid of its feudals, look at the wonders it did for them. Their elections are more fair and they have development in even rural areas. IMO, this is why Pakistan's democratic system has failed whereas India has succeeded. Also Indians, to a certain extent and not always, avoided ethnic association to provinces. This was a good idea for Pakistan to emulate.

That aside, I think it is anti-Islamic to see bicker over ethnicity and territory whereas Hindus in India are more united and don't have any of this crap going on. Hindus overwhelmingly united behind Modi while Pakistani's, despite being Muslim and have clear commands from Qur'an and Hadith to be united on faith, cannot bring unity and see past ethnicity.

Lastly, this law is not breaking Karachi away from Sindh. It's handing over administrative control which almost every Karachiite would support now. However, I think long-term solution would be to make Karachi into a federal territory. No one has any right to play Sindh card. If Punjab can be divided in the near future and Islamabad is a federal territory, no one should have the right to complain about Karachi being split from Sindh - especially when its citizens would overwhelmingly approve. I hope Pakistan can be split into more provinces and this time, not based off of ethnicity.

Can anyone confirm if Gwadar is federal territory? I remember it was directly purchased from Oman by the federal government and I think Gwadar should be made into federal territory to keep it away from Sardars.

If the situation of Karachi improves after removal of 149 then it will be the death of PPP.

This should come along with new provinces otherwise there can be problems for governemnt

Back
Top Bottom