What's new

Army's Combat Swarm Drones Fly In Public For First Time

It's a blessing actually this is nothing new... if Indians are purchasing drone swarms and loitering munitions we should thank them why ? Remember when India made nukes we did the same? Indians went ahead with tejas we went for JF17 ..... indians went for arjun tank we made Al khalid .... Indians tested missiles we also acquired missile technology........ Pakistani leadership is not sleeping anything India does we make a counter this is actually a mistake the Indians are stupid our allies China and Turkey have extensive experience in drone swarms and loitering munitions in a year or two we can come up with our own loitering munitions and drone swarms........ you know what will happen next Pakistani and Chinese will deploy drone swarms and loitering munitions on two fronts to bang India
Pakistan keeps alot of its military program secret

While India over boasts em
Since ruling party uses em for own political gains
While in Pakistan due to establishment handling such endeavour r kept under wraps

Paf showed it's ew superiority over iaf on 27 Feb 19 when there su and mirages could not get a lock on
They couldn't even communicate or identify own iaf helicopter atop srinagar
And all there advance and expensive Israel made spyder could do was shoot that poor iaf helicopter
When Indian were spending money on having bigger faster jets more primed for 60 era dogfight we were developing ew and bvr tactics the amraam that out gunned all those raptors of East

So it's naive to think.that same paf ain't working on drone and smart swarm munitions

Now I'm no military guy - but the Indian demo were no swarm drone (s). They were simple copters that released its payload via AI. My understanding of swarm drones would best be described from the movie 'The Day the Earth Stood Still' - the movie shows countless small drone-like bees overwhelming its target. Now don't be fixated on the bee element cause no one has that tech yet - but look at how the bees play the number game to SWARM its targets; which is the opposite of what the Indians demonstrated.

The Chinese version is the closest representation of what a Swarm Suicide Drone should look like and behave towards potential targets.

In all honesty, I don’t see the need to deride Indian use of staged explosives on Army day - I don’t reckon many would use real explosives on a public day like that for the real life threats that may arise. It was not an armed forces only display of firepower.

As long as the drone showed the capacity to independently identify, classify and execute action on an acquired target - it fulfills its purpose.

The question should be, what’ll Pakistan do next. As we are all going to witness, in the coming years, battlefield will get extensively electronic and robotic. US will be helping India bridge the technology gap with China, would like to see how Pakistan leverages its position here.

I genuinely hope there’s some real soul searching on, at our end - not expecting it. But hopefully.

Though the payload doesn't matter but the tech.. however, for a technology demonstration, they should have used only the drone munition... as it is embarrassing to do such thing on army day. @PanzerKiel sir how much explosive you think is enough for tank busting from top? nonetheless I think the mini kamakazi drone could carry maximum <500 g explosive.. what damage it could do?
Depends.... Where it hits, what type of detonation in the warhead... Like for example.... Tank's top or rear armour is weak, a few grams of a specific explosive, in the form of a shaped charged or maybe EFP, can be damaging.

Saw their so called swarm drones on their army day parade and it was one of the most laughable things I have seen. The only thing worst was the their usual motorcycle stunts including a wheelie

I don't think you get what it means to live-fire in a parade versus at a live-fire designated area. But you go ahead and think it was all a fake. :meeting:
Indian troll bot is back again. GETTING BANNED, COMING BACK, GETTING BANNED, COMING BACK. The Indian troll bots are working hard

Surprise! Indian Army Day Drone Swarm demo

A word regarding the video...

The shots which apparently show the targeting of mock targets being done LIVE.... That has to be taken with a pinch of salt.... Maybe it's for the TV audience only....

If you see the video from 10:10 till 10:15, you can see that while it's shows the drone above a mock POL dump, we can clearly see three individuals walking past the target on the left.... It also gets cleared that the video speed has been increased as well if we see the walking speed of those individuals....

Now, if these were live targeting shots, then the mock target areas would have been cleared of all living souls , which they really were in front of the ground audience, due to the explosions about to happen.

So, for me, the targeting shots were taken separately before the event and then were joined together to make the video.

IMG_20210116_095152.jpg

Indian troll bot is back again. GETTING BANNED, COMING BACK, GETTING BANNED, COMING BACK. The Indian troll bots are working hard
wu mao, you still remain a Chinese stooge paying Americans taxes that we use to hit back at China.
:usflag::sniper::china::suicide:

A word regarding the video...

The shots which apparently show the targeting of mock targets being done LIVE.... That has to be taken with a pinch of salt.... Maybe it's for the TV audience only....

If you see the video from 10:10 till 10:15, you can see that while it's shows the drone above a mock POL dump, we can clearly see three individuals walking past the target on the left.... It also gets cleared that the video speed has been increased as well if we see the walking speed of those individuals....
It is clearly stated in the clip itself at 10.29 that the images taken are from'' surveillance drone ahead of the larger grp of swarm( kamakazi) drones". So nothing conflicting in what is shown in the demonstration.

Not as big as potrayed by india but it will certainly wake up Pakistan if it already isnt working on such small technologies...

I know that counter systems are being worked on since Jan 2020 but idk if they are working on such deones

Counter-drone technology is already available from our favorite European Electronics supplier, the Italians;4:25 onwards

Also these “Indian” drones look like Chinese quadcopters. Commercial grade UAVs will be easier to break their links with the controlled, but even real AI enabled drones can be stealth with rapid fire guns (as seen in the following video, which we can buy from Turkey) or with Lasers.

It is clearly stated in the clip itself at 10.29 that the images taken are from'' surveillance drone ahead of the larger grp of swarm( kamakazi) drones". So nothing conflicting in what is shown in the demonstration.

Exactly dear.... Ahead of the swarm drones....
As per the narration itself, surveillance drones were flying ahead of the swarm drones..... But in this case, the difference in time of footage taken by the surveillance drones and the swarm drones activity itself is probably very large because...

It takes alot of time clear the target areas of living souls and then sealing it...... I've been part of such arrangements myself.... Technical sweep, BD of the area, and then sealing it off...

... Therefore, I still believe the time difference between the surveillance drone footage and the drive activity is much too great... They were not part of the same formation, nor the surveillance drones were flying ahead of the explosive drones.

IMG_20210116_101931.jpg

Somehow, this

is just CCP propaganda flexing but this

is totally legit and would strike fear into the hearts of their enemies?

By their logic this is the next weapon of mass destruction.

The Indian announcers keep saying preprogrammed targets; so they just hit targets they know are already there. It may be a swarm but not real AI; perhaps just target recognition, certainly not autonomous.
With love from Turkey:

Any estimate of the cost for each?

wu mao, you still remain a Chinese stooge paying Americans taxes that we use to hit back at China.
Must be hard for an Indian troll bot convincing people in here that you are an American and not Indian. Your other part time job is mostly be telephone scamming, telling victims your name is John Smith. This is Microsoft technical support or IRS agent.

Exactly dear.... Ahead of the swarm drones....

... Therefore, I still believe the time difference between the surveillance drone footage and the drive activity is much too great... They were not part of the same formation, nor the surveillance drones were flying ahead of the explosive drones.
Dear, ur belief is correct. And if u had tried bit harder u could easily analyze the reasoning behind it.
It is a Demo shown to crowd on Army day parade and the whole swarm drone ops is to be demoed in limit 20 minutes of time. Obviously surveillance drones aren't part of those 75 swarm drone and images are pre-programed into swarm drones and it clearly stated as such in the video itself.

Must be hard for an Indian troll bot convincing people in here that you are an American and not Indian. Your other part time job is mostly be telephone scamming, telling victims your name is John Smith. This is Microsoft technical support or IRS agent.
Living off American welfare as a wu mao, still makes you a Chinese stooge whose taxpayer dollars harm China. At least you are fortunate enough to be here, and not forced to be living in China wherefrom the cradle to the grave, you told what to say/watch/speak/act/behave by your overloads the CCP. AND I have told you several times here, if you think I'm Indian, it gives me immense pleasure for how miserable it makes you to then read my comments in that contest. :yes4:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom