What's new

Army's Combat Swarm Drones Fly In Public For First Time

Sorry man I don't know about data link security, jamming or INS but in INS, don't some accelero-meters are used in 3 axis? which is quite simple!!
I bet every cruise missile has INS, plus mapping memory but I believe that INS instruments are not that big.
Yes, you need good computing power processors, but for instance, if it is programmed like cover a certain distance (enemy territory), find anything by shape, thermal imaging, size and hit it. Though through algorithm which target to hit by which drone.
this is just an scenario given in ted talk.

Yes, accelerometers can be used but they have limited accuracy. The real INS is "ring laser gyroscope" which computes the deviation of the laser caused by motion. Essentially it deals at speeds close to speed of light and hence it is very difficult to master. The accelerometers which we get in mobile phones are simply based on a mass pressing against capacitor plates, thereby changing capacitance. But these are quite inaccurate and only good for very short distances. When one has to travel in kms, the inaccuracy will very bad

Yes, accelerometers can be used but they have limited accuracy. The real INS is "ring laser gyroscope" which computes the deviation of the laser caused by motion. Essentially it deals at speeds close to speed of light and hence it is very difficult to master. The accelerometers which we get in mobile phones are simply based on a mass pressing against capacitor plates, thereby changing capacitance. But these are quite inaccurate and only good for very short distances. When one has to travel in kms, the inaccuracy will very bad
oh... thanx man

Anti-drone technology for such drones is commercially available from Israel

or something like this from Russia can be an overkill

People give Iran shit when they attack a fake carrier but at least that is made out of concrete, not cardboard.

Bhakts fooling their own people; today during a firepower demo where Indian Army drones were supposed to take out mock-up tank target, the target exploded before the projectile hit....

FB_IMG_1610801259293.jpg

Counter-drone technology is already available from our favorite European Electronics supplier, the Italians;4:25 onwards

Also these “Indian” drones look like Chinese quadcopters. Commercial grade UAVs will be easier to break their links with the controlled, but even real AI enabled drones can be stealth with rapid fire guns (as seen in the following video, which we can buy from Turkey) or with Lasers.

Bahi Turkey has much more stronger stuff to offer... we should be looking at all options tho..
Counter-drone technology is already available from our favorite European Electronics supplier, the Italians;4:25 onwards

Also these “Indian” drones look like Chinese quadcopters. Commercial grade UAVs will be easier to break their links with the controlled, but even real AI enabled drones can be stealth with rapid fire guns (as seen in the following video, which we can buy from Turkey) or with Lasers.

Eletronicca should be engaged to get jammers for border layer and other few sensors woth TOT...

Turkish Koral2 for a second layer... and thirdly Karakulak for 3rd layer 300km away from border with 1200km range of listening and jamming as per few websites..

I have no knowledge of weapon system, Zero, Zilch, Nada, but take a look at this movie trailer could Bollywood I mean Indian Army be copying Hollywood?

Correct me if I am wrong, but drones deployed and controlled by computer doesn't need miles of social distancing unless you are creating a Propaganda video.

I suggest to put giant net on every vital infrastructure like military/missile/radar base :D

1610784783391.png

Net on the ship

1610784834905.png

Jammers can destroy these drones. Because even these drones need directions to go somewhere. Else, it may end up targeting some monkeys in a forest mistaking them to be targets.

They can be jammed easily. Even military drones of such small size have limited frequency due to limited size of transmitter and receiver. Iran has jammed advanced USA drones in the past too, showing any drone can be jammed.

But these drones are not game changers but only meant for targeting small targets with minimal losses. Due to their small size, one can't easily detect whether drones have been launched and by the time the drones are detected, it would be too late. It is more about stealth rather than hard hitting power

To explode a tank from top, one needs same amount of explosive as in a manportable ATGM. It is about 4kg penetrator warhead. Lighter tanks can be busted more easily. With non penetrator warheads, the tanks can't be busted but only damage the visor, guns etc.

The drones can fly for upto 1-2 hours easily if they use Lithium ion batteries. They obviously are not some heavy ammunition to destroy hardened positions. These drones are only meant to take out soft targets at short ranges for example, when enemy is hiding behind mountains or using cover, trenches etc.

These drones can be taken out by a simple assault rifle like Ak47. The problem is how will you keep an eye for drones everywhere 24x7? These drones are small and can suddenly come out of nowhere and start dropping bombs. By the time the drones are detected, they would have caused enough damage

The AI makes the ordinary drones into swarm drones. Don't expect some advanced radar or other technology. Swarm drones are mostly run on electro-optics, AI codes and decent drones. Pretty much anyone can make them. Even ISIS used them to attack Russia in Syria.

I have a professional drone pilots license and have not flown a drone of this size with a LIPO lithium ion battery that can fly for more than 30-40 minute flight times. The only alternative would be to build a drone that’s twice as big, has oil/ diesel based power and collective pitch rotors. I started a thread on this how to make the best sentry point defence drone.

see the problem with today’s youth who never even did NCC. They don’t know how a basic military infantry unit operates and that Jawan’s in L or T potions don’t sleep at their post and rotate every 20 minutes so they would hear a noisy low flying drone like this a mile away and then proceed to shot them down with a LMG or G3 rifle till all the sound goes away. The 7.68 FMJ round will easily destroy these drones over enemy positions

It can also not carry a ak-47 or even a pistol because the recoil will cause it to crash. One would need to build an elaborate system to manage the recoil. This is why you see the drones in the Indian farse dropping static weight only.

why all this happens is something called science or Specifically physics. So please don’t join the Indians in the war against science!

k

Last edited:
Well, I only see that Bollywood guys needs to change their tactics to fool everyone but Indian masses.... Infact, such a dramatic act doesn't needs a plan in place let alone changing any. Enjoy the controlled demonstration and an attempted well chorographic display but unfortunately busted.
you are free to make your own assumptions, and that is ok. We are not here to sell this to anyone.

I have a professional drone pilots license and have not flown a drone of this size with a LIPO lithium ion battery that can fly for more than 30-40 minute flight times. The only alternative would be to build a drone that’s twice as big, has oil/ diesel based power and collective pitch rotors. I started a thread on this how to make the best sentry point defence drone.

see the problem with today’s youth who never even did NCC. They don’t know how a basic military infantry unit operates and that Jawan’s in L or T potions don’t sleep at their post and rotate every 20 minutes so they would hear a noisy low flying drone like this a mile away and then proceed to shot them down with a LMG or G3 rifle till all the sound goes away. The 7.68 FMJ round will easily destroy these drones over enemy positions

It can also not carry a ak-47 or even a pistol because the recoil will cause it to crash. One would need to build an elaborate system to manage the recoil. This is why you see the drones in the Indian farse dropping static weight only.

why all this happens is something called science or Specifically physics. So please don’t join the Indians in the war against science!

k
This is a big hexcopter drone, not quadcopter. Hexcopters are more efficient. Here is an example of commercially available drone: https://www.yangdaonline.com/yangda-yd6-1600m-long-endurance-heavy-lift-hexacopter/

Secondly, i know how military shift and patrols work. But when a drone is flying low to be visible or too high (50+ meters) for its noise to be muffled, then the soldiers will not realise the arrival of these drones. Soldiers don't look at the sky while patrolling but look at the ground and around 5-6 feet from ground. So, it is not easy to detect drones.

Finally, I did not claim that drones can carry guns. I also know that the recoil will be unbearable for the drones. But the drones can carry upto 8kg explosives with different types of explosives carried depending on mission. A drone carrying a few fragmentation explosives like modified hand grenades can cause serious damage to personnel. Now imagine a an army base being attacked by 100 drones, each carrying 5 hand grenade type fragmentation ammunition

This is a big hexcopter drone, not quadcopter. Hexcopters are more efficient. Here is an example of commercially available drone: https://www.yangdaonline.com/yangda-yd6-1600m-long-endurance-heavy-lift-hexacopter/

Secondly, i know how military shift and patrols work. But when a drone is flying low to be visible or too high (50+ meters) for its noise to be muffled, then the soldiers will not realise the arrival of these drones. Soldiers don't look at the sky while patrolling but look at the ground and around 5-6 feet from ground. So, it is not easy to detect drones.

Finally, I did not claim that drones can carry guns. I also know that the recoil will be unbearable for the drones. But the drones can carry upto 8kg explosives with different types of explosives carried depending on mission. A drone carrying a few fragmentation explosives like modified hand grenades can cause serious damage to personnel. Now imagine a an army base being attacked by 100 drones, each carrying 5 hand grenade type fragmentation ammunition

So the drone you showed has a endurance of 55 minutes. This is interestingly from a Chinese website lol 😂. so the real world flight times would probably not exceed 30 minutes.

As I said earlier I have a drone pilot is License so I know the difference between a quad copter, hex’s copter and an octa copter and have flown a lot of these. All of those would require a very large lipo battery to sustain it for more than 30-40 minutes. As an example my dji air 2 or my dji pro has a published endurance of 32 minutes but I have never been able to take it over 26-28 minutes

second problem with such a large drone with a fixed pitch rotor the sound would be massive, unless you fly it higher which will give its potion away. Even in the farse video from the Indian military the sound is very high

so at this point the solution to these problems is ......... already solved by China 🇨🇳

Finally I can assure that any Pakistani infantry squad will destroy 95% of these before they get any where near them. This is the reason why the Chinese who have been using this for the last 10 years don’t use quad copters

damit the Indian hired Chinese to
Demonstrate on the Indian

How much load can it carry?

After computer/ gudence equipment I would think 2 to 5 kilos...

Good old anti aircraft guns with night vision should b able to take most slow moving low flying drones down with ease...

Even well placed riffle shots will b enough at times

How much load can it carry?

After computer/ gudence equipment I would think 2 to 5 kilos...

Good old anti aircraft guns with night vision should b able to take most slow moving low flying drones down with ease...

Even well placed riffle shots will b enough at times

depends on the thrust from the rotors and power draw + endurance required

k

Back
Top Bottom