What's new

Army to Induct Bofors based155 mm ‘Dhanush’ gun alongwith New weapon locatingradar ” Swathi”

Made in Pakistan ;)

a100lw2.jpg

Made in India, including the vehicle:

pinaka_mlrs.jpg

The topic is about artillery guns, not rockets.

Because they can. And nobody can shuuuu them.

Exactly what can we do these idiot just don't quit

It might help if you guys could read between the lines, or at least find out the reason for the stated figures, before calling them 'idiots'. The first figure is for burst mode, the second for sustained fire mode. In sustained fire mode, the rate of fire for the original Bofors is only 3 rounds per minute.

From WP:

The FH77A (which uses semi-fixed ammunition) could fire 3 rounds in 8 seconds, or 6 rounds in 25 seconds. In a sustained firing role it could fire 6 rounds every two minutes for 20 minutes (i.e. 3 rounds per minute). The FH77B uses bagged charges and so has a lower rate of fire.

My question is can a WLR provide with a firing solution to the fire control computer directly or do they need to radio in??
I couldn't get your question. However, WLR are computerized systems that calculate all the parameters mentioned in my above post within a few seconds. A readout is either printed or on-screen itself. The gun position officer then adjusts the parameters manually on the gun and the rounds fired to take on the enemy gun position from where the incoming round was fired from.
Another question is can soldiers patrolling a certain area call for close fire support with just GPS coordinates to guide the shells ??

Yes they can. But they would still need to provide a feedback of its accuracy and pass on any corrections to the gun position, if needed.

But a better system is the M982 Excalibur (previouslyXM982) which is a 155 mm extended range guided artillery shell developed by Raytheon Missile Systems and BAE Bofors. It is a GPS-guided munition capable of being used in close support situations within 150 m of friendly troops.

Excalibur was developed as a longer-ranged alternative to conventional artillery shells, with GPS guidance for improved accuracy. Excalibur has a range of approximately 40 to 57 kilometres depending on configuration, with a CEP of around 5 metres (16 ft) to 20 metres (66 ft) at max range.

Excalibur is compatible with the British AS-90 SPG, Swedish Archer, South African G6 and US Paladin self-propelled 155 mm howitzer, M-198 Howitzer and the M777 Light Howitzer that India is procuring.

But I haven't the faintest idea if we would be going in for the Excalibur round each of which costs a whopping
$85,000!!!
:woot:

Dude provide a source not a brat rtsht forum..

the news is taken from outlook India.com which is a relaible news site......BR forum maynt be gud for discussion but the news articles are reliable

I couldn't get your question. However, WLR are computerized systems that calculate all the parameters mentioned in my above post within a few seconds. A readout is either printed or on-screen itself. The gun position officer then adjusts the parameters manually on the gun and the rounds fired to take on the enemy gun position from where the incoming round was fired from.
You have answered my question partly though. My intention of the question was whether the WLR are smart enough ?
Let me know if this kind of scenario is possible:-
Under the shadow of a single WLR there may be multiple guns. WLR know the location of each gun. Now once a WLR locates a target, its smart enough to directly send the details to the specific gun(s), from there the fire control computer takes over and gives a fire solution. An airborne OP namely LCH or Rudra equipped with sensors which calculates the corrections for the shots and transmits to the specific gun(s).

I know this is a highly networked system, but is this kind of symbiosis exists between our different systems ?? It seems that these guns have VHF radios, I am quite sure that WLR and OPs have them too. Can we network them in a small local network where data is superflows without human intervention ?

Which is more than the distance between Amritsar and Lahore :)
image.jpg
image.jpg

Superior .. In every aspect .. And will rain lead ..

Karan loose motions..

Also the KRL-122mm has more range than your piñaka...

P.S: bodies was black listed after the corruption scandal.. The know how's ,manuals or blue prints were not given to India.. Which in the 90s tried the same thing.. Mating an indigenous barrel with the Saab howitzer chasis.. Which didn't work out... Is it the same jugaad arty gun revived? No wonder it had a decreased rate of fire etc..

The bofors India bough had a range of 27 km... What's this ones range? And do provide aaa credible source.. Not blogs etc..

Also does India have/produce base bleed ammo?

P.S the range of the bodies was 27 km .. Any reliable source about the indian versions range? N no blogs etc plz.

I read some where when DRDO test Rajendra Radar .it can track artillery firing

My question is can a WLR provide with a firing solution to the fire control computer directly or do they need to radio in ?? Another question is can soldiers patrolling a certain area call for close fire support with just GPS coordinates to guide the shells ??
My guess...
Easy for stationary targets. Mobile targets, will need a marker which will need a projectile with a seeker and possibly propulsion.
But then again these are area weapons, they might as well bomb the entire damned area :sniper:

View attachment 13904 View attachment 13904

Karan loose motions..

P.S: bodies was black listed after the corruption scandal.. The know how's ,manuals or blue prints were not given to India.. Which in the 90s tried the same thing.. Mating an indigenous barrel with the Saab howitzer chasis.. Which didn't work out... Is it the same jugaad arty gun revived? No wonder it had a decreased rate of fire etc..

The bofors India bough had a range of 27 km... What's this ones range? And do provide aaa credible source.. Not blogs etc..

P.S the range of the bodies was 27 km .. Any reliable source about the indian versions range? N no blogs etc plz.

Here we talking about a system that is going to induction.Drdo artillery maximum range is 55km that is what they propose.But in trials it may achieve at least 50 km.that is why Army talk about induction.
And dont point on rate of fire.reason is bofors can fire 3 shot in 14sec ,but it needed to coll for next one minute .
But this system will fire 8 shot for 1min.

View attachment 13904 View attachment 13904

Karan loose motions..

Your 52 Panter artillery guns are Turkish made . God knows which one is in pic.

For Indian artillery range .It's 55km ie 15 more than your Turkish gun.

DRDO 155 mm artillery gun - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And meanwhile previous rate of fire for 39 cal gun was only 6 fires per minute.This one has 8 , yep more than your gun's 6.

Pinaka has double the range of your MBLR.

Are we done with d¡ck measuring contest ??

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom