What's new

Army to Induct Bofors based155 mm ‘Dhanush’ gun alongwith New weapon locatingradar ” Swathi”

Here we talking about a system that is going to induction.Drdo artillery maximum range is 55km that is what they propose.But in trials it may achieve at least 50 km.that is why Army talk about induction.
And dont point on rate of fire.reason is bofors can fire 3 shot in 14sec ,but it needed to coll for next one minute .
But this system will fire 8 shot for 1min.

55 km dude don't make mr laugh... Even the latest 77BW L52 gun on the Archer SPG doesn't have tht much range.. It has a range of 35km and 55+ with base bleed n Excalibur rounds..(which you don't have)

And you are talking abt 55km from a downgraded reverse engineered bofors gun... ?

(I could be wrong abt the reverse engrng.. Correct me... But did you get the blue prints manuals after the company was black listed?)

Something tht didn't go well in the 90s ..

As for burst firing the Swedish one has a firing rate of 3 rounds in 13+ secs ..

While this local variant has a lower rate of fire..

As for the 50-55 km range you have a source to prove tht claim?

Tht mean you have outdone the swedes .. The original manufacturers of the system.. And yet you are looking for advanced guns from the west? Doesn't make sense...does it?

55 km dude don't make mr laugh... Even the latest 77BW L52 gun on the Archer SPG doesn't have tht much range.. It has a range of 35km and 55+ with base bleed n Excalibur rounds..(which you don't have)

And you are talking abt 55km from a downgraded reverse engineered bofors gun... ?

This is a completely new artillery cannon, not any ToT.

Like someone else said, the 55km range is with special ammunition. Regular rounds it's reduced.

Tht mean you have outdone the swedes .. The original manufacturers of the system.. And yet you are looking for advanced guns from the west? Doesn't make sense...does it?

The ultra light howitzers are for mountainous warfare.

Your 52 Panter artillery guns are Turkish made . God knows which one is in pic.

It's license produced by Pak..

For Indian artillery range .It's 55km ie 15 more than your Turkish gun.

DRDO 155 mm artillery gun - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And which arty gun is that? Soltam,swedes,BAE etc out of the game .. The systems they offered didn't have a 55km range either.. Unless you use BB (which you don't produce and we do..)

And meanwhile previous rate of fire for 39 cal gun was only 6 fires per minute.This one has 8 , yep more than your gun's 6.

Nope indian version has lesser range of fire than the original one read the article..
Panter :

http://www.mkek.gov.tr/Katalog/MKEKProductCatalog.pdf
Pinaka has double the range of your MBLR

Lol KRL 122 has a range of 45+ KM... Piñaka (in service) has something like 35?

Are we done with d¡ck measuring contest ??

Ask Karan loose motions about his retarded calculations..

It's license produced by Pak..

And which arty gun is that? Soltam,swedes,BAE etc out of the game .. The systems they offered didn't have a 55km range either.. Unless you use BB (which you don't produce and we do..)

Nope indian version has lesser range of fire than the original one read the article..
Panter :

http://www.mkek.gov.tr/Katalog/MKEKProductCatalog.pdf

Lol KRL 122 has a range of 45+ KM... Piñaka (in service) has something like 35?

Ask Karan loose motions about his retarded calculations..

New gun is improved one .See my above post about BB rounds. I have given OFB vender's list.

Pinks under active use has 40km range.

Pinaka Multi Barrel Rocket Launcher - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Where is the source for your MBRL ??

MKEK is original manufacturer of Panter.I know that and they have showcased 6 fires per minute.

Panter howitzer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This is a completely new artillery cannon, not any ToT.

Lmao it's just a reverse engineered gun on a reverse engineered fh77 howitzer chasis .. Not a different system .. Even the title is a dead giveaway :lol:

Like someone else said, the 55km range is with special ammunition. Regular rounds it's reduced.

Alaka... Even the latest L52 used by archer doesn't give the range you quote .. And thts one of the guns tht was offered in the tender... Are you telling me that India produced much better arty system than the original makers? And tht too a jugaad gun .. *desi bofors*...?

And which special ammo sir? Base bleed or Excalibur ? Or the faulty kransnopols... Tht India bought in 99?

The ultra light howitzers are for mountainous warfare.
I know buddy .. Hope you know BAE stopped its production lines..

Last edited:
Hahahha kargil hahhahahah if i tell you that there were so many indian bitches dead that their boxes finished and the prime minsiter was crying...... Have you forgotten captain sher khan who killed the bastards like a lion kill chase a buffalo..... Nigad

If You haven't seen Lion vs Buffalo, I recommend "Battle at Kruger" on Youtube.

New gun is improved one .

I'm sorry but it looks like a bofors ... Is called a desi bofor .. And is a reverse engineered bofors... Look at its caliber .. It's performance etc..

P.S isn't it the same gun tht had issues with loaders and barrel bursting?

Lol just don't quote Wikipedia .. I mean dude look at the OPs article !!

See my above post about BB rounds. I have given OFB vender's list

You are right... 30,000 m for 39 cal

34,500 m for 45 cal

Hope you can do the math..

P.S : there are several difference between BB rounds aswell.. India profduces these ..:

Ordnance Factory Board

Pinks under active use has 40km range.

Pinaka Multi Barrel Rocket Launcher - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Where is the source for your MBRL ??

Pakistan's Artillery Upgrade Discussions | Page 8

Original link given there.. From GIDS.

MKEK is original manufacturer of Panter.I know that and they have showcased 6 fires per minute.

Panter howitzer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I gave you the link to its original manufacturing company ..MKEK.. :lol:

Tell us it's inferior to a reverse engineered bofor made in 80s.. And how?? :lol:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DRDO_155_mm_artillery_gun

Did I say something else?

Your pals are giving me a wiki link to push the nonsense the this desi bofors has a range of 55 km ...

While the project is also almost dead with almost all the foreign contenders out or blacklisted.. Good luck though.

its still going through.

Too late?

Did I say something else?

Your pals are giving me a wiki link to push the nonsense the this desi bofors has a range of 55 km ...

While the project is also almost dead with almost all the foreign contenders out or blacklisted.. Good luck though.

OFB bofors(this topic) has nothing to do with that project.

Too late?

They will have to pay extra.

@DESERT FIGHTER

1. I guessed you would know the difference between reverse engineering and blue print of structure . Since Bofors was blacklisted long long ago OFB was already providing critical parts like barrel , breach for maintaince.What did you think only GIDS can double the range from 20 to 45 ??

2.Yes then it was in developmental stage hence rejected by IA.
You are right... 30,000 m for
39 cal 34,500 m for 45 cal
3.From where did you get mind boggling figure.

4.Yes , I read your PDF there is nothing which suggests it is better than Indian made Bofors. Just compare the specs. Max range of Indian one is 55km whilePanter's is 40.

Rate of fire of your gun is 6 per minute while Indian one is 8. Is that so diffcult to gulp down ??

Last edited:
@DESERT FIGHTER

1. I guessed you would know the difference between reverse engineering and blue print of structure . Since Bofors was blacklisted long long ago OFB was already providing critical parts like barrel , breach for maintaince.What did you think only GIDS can double the range from 20 to 45 ??

2.Yes then it was in developmental stage hence rejected by IA.

3.From where did you get mind boggling figure.

4.Yes , I read your PDF there is nothing which suggests it is better than Indian made Bofors. Just compare the specs. Max range of Indian one is 55km whilePanter's is 40.

Rate of fire of your gun is 6 per minute while Indian one is 8. Is that so diffcult to gulp down ??

Damn dude you are really smart ... I can't compete with ya..:lol:

Sarcasm

Yep like your local company can out of nowhere double the range of MBRL. :sarcasm:

And ammo doesn't determine range. It depends on muzzle speed ie gun.

Lmao ..! It was the range of the rockets tht was increased ... Another failure.

And ease man don't quote my posts... Even sane indian members are laughing on your above post.

Good night.

Lmao ..! It was the range of the rockets tht was increased ... Another failure.

And ease man don't quote my posts... Even sane indian members are laughing on your above post.

Good night.

:lol:
Yes , I know that. Can only range of rocket improve after reverse engineering Russian rocket ?? :lol:

As sane Pakistani are laughing on your's.

Don't quote me if you don't want to be quoted back.

Back
Top Bottom