What's new

ARMY OFFERS TO JOIN GANGA CLEAN-UP DRIVE

exactly...most indians have this habit of making place dirty and not cleaning it afterward. that thinking needs to be changed.

Indians are no more dirty or irresponsible as the rest of the world.

Unfortunately most people in India are too busy trying to fix their next meal, before they can start thinking about the streets and the rivers.

What I meant was to prevent industrial dumping and dumping of raw sewage into the ganga. Both can be controlled by the govt. of the day. (primarily state govt. )

Indians are no more dirty or irresponsible as the rest of the world.

Unfortunately most people in India are too busy trying to fix their next meal, before they can start thinking about the streets and the rivers.

What I meant was to prevent industrial dumping and dumping of raw sewage into the ganga. Both can be controlled by the govt. of the day. (primarily state govt. )
1) Indians do have dirtier habits than people in Europe or North America. You won't see North Americans or Europeans throwing decomposing bodies into Mississipi or Volga or the beautiful blue Danube or the Rhine.
2) True.
3) What about dumping of dead bodies and bathing of people in these rivers, which also contribute to pollution and dishygene? Are you in favour of the govt of the day putting an end to such practices as well?

1) Indians do have dirtier habits than people in Western Europe or North America. You won't see them throwing decomposing bodies into Mississipi or the beautiful blue Danube or the Rhine.
2) True.
3) What about dumping of dead bodies and bathing of people in these rivers, which also contribute to pollution and dishygene? Are you in favour of the govt of the day putting an end to such practices as well?
Cremated remains should be permissible as it is believed to help the soul in its journey,but decomposing bodies should be prohibited

This is a welcome gesture from Army. But we should not provide lead to the Army in cleaning up the river. This is a task for government and civilian authorities need to take charge and implement it. Army's assistance can be taken on need basis. There by Armed forces don't get distracted with leading such a huge project, additional employment is provided for local people in this project and government/private authorities get experienced/know-how's on such tasks when used for other rivers.

It's pointless, it's just going to get dirty again. The Ganges at its source is clean however.

Better said than done. It is impossible to clean up Ganga. We need to clean up the superstition filled minds of people who visit Varanasi and other banks of Ganga.

1) Indians do have dirtier habits than people in Europe or North America. You won't see North Americans or Europeans throwing decomposing bodies into Mississipi or Volga or the beautiful blue Danube or the Rhine.
2) True.

I agree mostly, but I think part of the problem is general human tendency that you don't dirty something which is really clean at the first place.

If the place is already dirty, people generally, don't mind dirtying it more. This should explain why even educated Indians come across as morons when it comes to cleanliness in public places. And I have also seen enough westerners do the same thing!

I agree mostly, but I think part of the problem is general human tendency that you don't dirty something which is really clean at the first place.

If the place is already dirty, people generally, don't mind dirtying it more. This should explain why even educated Indians come across as morons when it comes to cleanliness in public places. And I have also seen enough westerners do the same thing!

But how do you think some places got dirty in the first place?:azn:

That's an excuse I have very often heard people make, that they don't mind dumping garbage on the street or polluting a river, because those are already dirty. But that's a chicken and egg problem - until and unless we stop dirtying our lands, they are not going to become clean.

But how do you think some places got dirty in the first place?:azn:

That's an excuse I have very often heard people make, that they don't mind dumping garbage on the street or polluting a river, because those are already dirty. But that's a chicken and egg problem - until and unless we stop dirtying our lands, they are not going to become clean.

Of course, that's where ignorant, religious and superstitious people fill in! But I don't believe that all Indians are dirty in our habits. There are sane people even among the illiterate who would think twice to dirty a clean place -- just like humans anywhere else.

Although cleanliness in Western countries is partially a cultural thing, I don't think the western nations would have continued to be as clean -- had it not been for the hefty fines, they are followed up with!!! USD 1000 for littering?!

Before cleaning it, one has to stop dirtying it. That is a project by itself.

The river will then clean itself.
thats correct, its not a lake that needs to be cleaned its a river which has continously flowing water...if we stop dirtying it, it will self-heal itself in few years...

Wondering how much will go into the pocket of BJP leaders and concerned department...!

2) True.

Per capita income of India is 1000 $, per capita income of US and Europe is above 40,000 $. Indians are too busy trying to get their next meal before they can worry about cleaning their surrounding.

Govt. should open up free crematoriums along side the Ganga, so that the poor can use the free service rather than dump the bodies into the ganga.

Wondering how much will go into the pocket of BJP leaders and concerned department...!

.....considering Ganga flows through UP and Bihar and Bengal corruption will be massive. But there will be ZERO corruption at New Delhi.

However if they start projects to stop dumping into the ganga, there is VERY LITTLE scope for corruption.

Per capita income of India is 1000 $, per capita income of US and Europe is above 40,000 $. Indians are too busy trying to get their next meal before they can worry about cleaning their surrounding.

Govt. should open up free crematoriums along side the Ganga, so that the poor can use the free service rather than dump the bodies into the ganga.

.....considering Ganga flows through UP and Bihar and Bengal corruption will be massive. But there will be ZERO corruption at New Delhi.

However if they start projects to stop dumping into the ganga, there is VERY LITTLE scope for corruption.

Its not about money. Being clean is a state of mind. Regardless of food and such, I can show other poor countries that make a better effort at keeping the environment clean. Corrruption has been an issue since ancient times. But what can we do now to change it?

Its not about money. Being clean is a state of mind. Regardless of food and such, I can show other poor countries that make a better effort at keeping the environment clean. Corrruption has been an issue since ancient times. But what can we do now to change it?

I take up your offer.

Show me another nation which has the same per capita income and same population density and is more clean than India.

Then we can talk.

Lastly are you saying that corruption has been an issue since ancient times for all humans or all Indians ?

I take up your offer.

Show me another nation which has the same per capita income and same population density and is more clean than India.

Then we can talk.

Lastly are you saying that corruption has been an issue since ancient times for all humans or all Indians ?

Population desnity? Nobody unless we take China a few decades back! Then we have a contender.....

Forget humans, how do we nip corruption in India?

Back
Top Bottom