What's new

Army gives government 48 hour ultimatum: Shujat

Yes i am aware of those parties. However since the day long march started people speculated he has failed, no one is coming to join him, there are 5 to 10 K people only, he is making U-turns, has made deal with government and what not, you being on the forefront of such speculations, they all turned out to be false.
Difficult or not he is there and has no intention of leaving before Nawaz resigns. Lets see how long can the government afford Islamabad be jammed.
Sweet Dreams Sir

Difficult or not he is there and has no intention of leaving before Nawaz resigns. Lets see how long can the government afford Islamabad be jammed.

Two things:
1) He's there because he CHOSE to be there. He now has NO WHERE to go. If you remember, many deadlines came where he threatened to get to the Prime Minister house if so and so didn't happen till 4 PM, then 8 PM, then next day and then so on and so forth. Its been 7 days now. Are you blind not to see how many times he's lied with deadlines and nothing happened?

2) Same government that he calls illegal. BUT doesn't resign from it but violates the constitution, the SAME constitution he took an oath to protect and all....do you not see some craziness? Its like living with a women who cheated on you and you knew it, and you told her you'll leave but you are still licking her boots because you have nowhere to go. He has NOWHERE to go. That's ALSO why he's violating the system but not divorcing the country by resigning first. Speaks VOLUMES about his mental state. Poor guy needs help and a full rehab course.

3) Your last statement is pure Taliban style politics, same as your leader IK "let's see how long they can afford to Jam Islamabad" ...so you admit RIGHT HERE that you are putting a nation on gun point to follow your orders by IK and to forcefully topple the government, as the nation can NOT afford its capital jammed. SHAME on you.
This is how Talibans think and do stuff, let's bomb the area, we don't care how many get killed and how many suffer. We need attention as we are mentality fu*cked up so its all good. What a mentality. Shame on you at the least for putting your country and its people under this sad, illegal and unconstitutional gun point and harm.

Read up on the following and see how many things match with CK (new name instead of IK, CK = Crazy Khan).

Grandiosity in Bipolar Disorder: Definition and Stories

Paranoid Schizophrenia & Bipolar Disorder

I have a lot of sources in your establishment too. And I can tell you with certainty that the military doesn't want to be involved here in terms of a marshal law or throwing out the PM. They know he's brought so much investment and they want that to continue. When the sanctions are applied and trade goes down the pipe.....the worst hit is first taken by the military. This time, if they do crap like before, not only will they get sanctioned, the growing Indian lobby will take that opportunity and literally trash whatever reputation Pakistan has left in the West. This would be it. You may not be able to import 9MM pistols, let alone advance weapons like the -16's and all.
Then, it'll be civil war as whoever doesn't win the next elections will come to streets and if the military takes over, the government parties will still come to the streets. NO military is capable of handing 2 or 5 million citizens out on the streets, people can pull soldiers out of their tanks and show them the power of democracy.
The overwhelming support from the Parliament has sent a strong message across the establishment that this time, any serious involvement in toppling the government might mean ACTUAL people on the streets (not 20K that IK brought, you are talking millions across the country). And the military also knows such involvement will sooner or later result in ANOTHER COAS sitting with Musharraf facing treason in the next few years. So they don't want it. They will however, ask the PM to work with them and let them have the powers they want like Afghan and India based foreign policy and weapons procurements, etc.
It'll be a compromise and the IK will get a boot out of both sides, the establishment and the political system
Seriously good joke than check again:eek:

o bhai can somebody enlighten me on few points

1. Isint there any sort of impeachment process for the prime minister if found guilty in corruption?
2. Why is it looking like "Jiski lathi uski bhens" kinda prime ministership of pakistan?
3. Isint this going to destroy very fabric of the Pakistani constitution and the PM office will loose its credibility?
Answers:
1. Yes there is a way of voting PM out of the position i.e. the parliament. However, the parliament consists of individuals who believe in you scratch my back I scratch yours. But the problem is both these marches want electoral reforms and enforcement of article 62 and 63 of the constitution. If that is implemented, more than 70% of the people sitting in parliament will be disqualified for contesting elections. Now do you think they will vote out the sitting PM?
2. Unfortunately, this is the situation. For that matter India is also not different, by and large. One thing good in India is they are continuously making new states, thus involving more and more stake holders in governance. Thus, such incident may not or seldom can occur.
3. I don't think so that it will destroy basic fabric of Pakistani Constitution or PM Office. Pakistan's constitution is being violated by the politicians in the name of democracy. It has to be implemented once with letter in spirit. The day this will happen it will change the destiny of this nation. PM office has already insulted itself a number of times in last one week. Police has refused to work on verbal order. Police which is a law enforcing agency under the civil government. This means political office of PM has lost its worth, by asking police to act against its own people in the interest of political gains. It is a matter of shame that even after losing moral authority the PM is still saying that the country will end up into turmoils if he steps down. He is dumb to the extent that he is not realising that IK has addressed international donor agencies that if any loans are disbursed to Pakistan and if MNS is not in power, it will not be repaid. This was indicated by his declaration of civil disobedience. There is an article on this forum by Javed Chaudhry who has explained this very well.

story1.gif

Don't take him too seriously. He's just paranoid.

Everybody can say whatever they want to. 'Freedom of expression' I suppose has to be exercised. Facts will remain facts. Whatever happens shall be seen. I tend not to believe what these businessmen-turned-politicians say anyway.

I doubt there will be direct intervention - i.e. martial law. I suspect PA will 'force' Supreme Court to invoke 184-3 or 183-3 (iirc) to dissolve the parliament and form caretaker government. This is the only possible Constitutional way as Supreme Court has the powers to do what is in the best interest of the state.

Nearly 24 hours gone.

Has a single machar been dismissed yet?

Just empty threats. Wait and watch how Imran Khan will accept defeat.

Nearly 24 hours gone.

Has a single machar been dismissed yet?

Just empty threats. Wait and watch how Imran Khan will accept defeat.

I am assuming you didn't go to the sit-in at all. I went there because I do support majority of both PTI and PAT's charters of demand and wanted to find out if PTI crowd really was the 'mummy daddy' type. What I found instead was starkling. There are people from all walks of life, in both PAT and PTI rallies, and the determination is nothing I've seen before. I've also been in the No Iraq Invasion rally in London that had over a million people. And in all honesty, the resolve of PAT and PTI protestors is beyond any I've seen before. 10-15000 crowd statement is pure nonsense, the government officials inc Nawaz are living in a fool's paradise when they quote these numbers. Crowd was well over 100k alone in PTI's march from Kashmir Highway to Constitutional Avenue.

Imran is not going to back out, his followers or sympathisers are highly charged, focused and determined. With such support, he won't back down.

o bhai can somebody enlighten me on few points

1. Isint there any sort of impeachment process for the prime minister if found guilty in corruption?
2. Why is it looking like "Jiski lathi uski bhens" kinda prime ministership of pakistan?
3. Isint this going to destroy very fabric of the Pakistani constitution and the PM office will loose its credibility?

Its parliment which can impreach, state no trust (in which PM has to prove 2/3 which is hell of a job), nothing more... judge can probably order to parliament, but cant direct interfare... As per constition all other institutions like army and other can also can work under parliament order, or senate or President order.

But army putting direct marshall Law, or SHC order to army both are un constinutional. and based on street power is definately un constitutional unless country itself going to break or civil war start.

I think two other people speaker and full bar of supreme court also has some powers, but i dont know about scenarios.

I am assuming you didn't go to the sit-in at all. I went there because I do support majority of both PTI and PAT's charters of demand and wanted to find out if PTI crowd really was the 'mummy daddy' type. What I found instead was starkling. There are people from all walks of life, in both PAT and PTI rallies, and the determination is nothing I've seen before. I've also been in the No Iraq Invasion rally in London that had over a million people. And in all honesty, the resolve of PAT and PTI protestors is beyond any I've seen before. 10-15000 crowd statement is pure nonsense, the government officials inc Nawaz are living in a fool's paradise when they quote these numbers. Crowd was well over 100k alone in PTI's march from Kashmir Highway to Constitutional Avenue.

Imran is not going to back out, his followers or sympathisers are highly charged, focused and determined. With such support, he won't back down.
Did you count the amount? Newspapers, domestice or international are putting numbers around 20k

Everybody can say whatever they want to. 'Freedom of expression' I suppose has to be exercised. Facts will remain facts. Whatever happens shall be seen. I tend not to believe what these businessmen-turned-politicians say anyway.

True however for an american he seems to be excessively paranoid with IK.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom