What's new

Army chief to grind India in US

US goals are not a monolith but they evolve depending on the flux of various interest groups within US. Though some continuity is assured by the bureaucratic institutions like Pentagon and State Dept.

The game other nations play is how to influence this interest groups so that they in turn affect the US interests. India would try to ensure that Indian Interest and US interest align so that US when it protects it's interest in S. Asia is at the same time is protecting India's interest - Pakistan tries to prevent this alignment.

The fact that India and Pakistan are not the only players and there 100s of such pressure groups ensure that any given time US interest would remain unique and not completely aligned with any single country - Iran deal was an example of this when US broke away from Israel.

Just another day in international geopolitics. :D

Just another day in international geopolitics. :D

I love Chinese and Russian foreign policy - very predicable as they operate within fixed parameters determined by a single entity or small group of entities, US not so much.

If the Army Generals are so smart then why our former COAS General Ashfaq Kayani not in the government ? The former Indian COAS and Hindutva Bhakt General V K Singh is a minister in Indian government and he called low caste Dalits as "Dogs". Generals look good when they are commanding the army and in civilian life they are incompetent and comedic like Singh and Musharraf.
Sweeping statement as hundreds of examples when generals did excellent in civilian roles. Just a personal opinion by the poster overlooking majority of contradicting examples.

Currently Pakistan is having one of the perfectly balanced relation between Govt and military after decades of tussles.

Its not our Generals alone US and even Russian and Chinese Generals as well convey their concerns about important affairs on foreign tours.

Its time to ask US to do more to facilitate peace in South asia and reign in extremists and inhumane killers like Modi supported by certain sections in US as well .

No wonder Indians here are the one here crying democracy when their own sickular nation is nothing but a mess let it be interfaith harmony , state security or corruption in military and government projects.

Gen Raheel is the right man to tell US and world about indian proxy wars in Afghanistan and Pakistan just to gain some more time before the inevitable solution of Kashmir as per their rights to self determination.

He delivered his message firmly earlier in UK showing what exactly Pakistan requires of a sane Britian shutting the mouth of their elite and paving way of a future balanced realtion between both states where UK is asked to take steps to eliminate terror and extremism emanating from their territory or circle of influence..

Army chief in London: UK urged to act against HuT, Baloch separatists - The Express Tribune

Whole world knows how insecure India felt after ISI and NDS deal earlier this year and how they moved their assets to temporarily halt the Afghan peace process delaying long awaited normalization of Afghanistan the victim of world super powers tussles.

US has to decide if they want lasting peace in South Asia and Central Asia solution of kashmir dispute is inevitable which will deprive India of any logical ground for continuing their proxy bloody games in Afghanistan and adjoining Pakistani areas.

Pakistan has a strategic depth owing to her Geographical location and no Modi or Obama can deny her that and General sharif is the right man to deliver this message with all the needed clarity and force.

:pakistan:

I do not see things as rosy either. After Bin Laden raid Indian views clearly resonate in America. They are not in favor of or supportive of the Pakistani stand. Constant such allegations and aggressive comments prove this. US is a difficult partner and it is slowly gravitating towards India. If not stopped Pakistan will become isolated.
The only way to stop this would be either to spill the entire beans on Bin Laden.. which would leave Obama in serious trouble... or start paying off lobbyists and ride the Malala wave. Her father needs to be given a danda to get in our line as he is the one controlling her PR push.

The only way to stop this would be either to spill the entire beans on Bin Laden.. which would leave Obama in serious trouble... or start paying off lobbyists and ride the Malala wave. Her father needs to be given a danda to get in our line as he is the one controlling her PR push.
what exactly do you mean with malala? whats the malala wave? please elaborate....
also @Oscar can you change the thread title more in particular remove the "grind" as that sounds messed up (if your from the uk)

Interesting that you say this.

Possibly the world's worst kept secret.

Why waste money on elections when there are so many other more important national priorities.
I think, they do this to tell the world that they are running democracy that's all. With little experience you can easily see that PM of Pakistan is following instructions from COAS.

It is not put to rest since many Pakistanis don't like Pakistani Army General running foriegn policy instead of defending our borders.
I think only a person excessively living on psychedelics would raise such a question. When the civilian govt is incompetent and corrupt, the army has to do job of the civilian govt too. Why did not such objection on army's aide work for earth quake victims. Is it the job or army? I never heard any other army doing such stuff. This is because our incompetent and corrupt civilian fail to deliver on so many levels.

I think, they do this to tell the world that they are running democracy that's all. With little experience you can easily see that PM of Pakistan is following instructions from COAS.

But why do they need to do that? There are other nations that are army led. With no pretense. And if it was only to secure American largese, well they have a new sugar daddy now. One who isn't overly bothered about democracy either.

Pakistanis are not like us. They are wired differently. They respond better to authoritarian martial law. In fact they need it.

They get confused by free choice. Like a child who has always been given a set combination of pant shirt and kaccha to wear every morning by a dad with a danda. Now being let lose in the GAP and being told to choose.

Only in Pakistan's case it's isn't really the GAP, but a cut piece store of export rejects with a darzi standing ready nearby to hem and tuck.

Cheers, Doc

Read again what I wrote, try and comprehend the contention and then comment.
You read again what I wrote! Besides nobody is over stepping anybody. Prime Minister met with Pres Obama recently and now COAS Gen Sharif will be in the next week or so. Similar matters will be discussed, though I would imagine more rigorously this time. The Armed Forces as far as I'm concerned are doing their part it's not asking a lot for the govt to shape up and reform and strive to fulfill its role as well. I don't see what's constitutionally illegal about that!

Back
Top Bottom