What's new

Army be deployed in Karachi: Altaf Hussain

some MQM activists and politicans are dangerous people, mafia types.......kind of like their ''counterparts'' in other political parties/dynasties etc.

two sides of the same coin :)

TTP is a brutal terrorist group, which only seeks to cause destruction to Pakistan and to Islam....Zaliman.

MQM is in charge of Karachi arent they? So why is their life miserable in Karachi? The people who should be miserable in Karachi are those who are poor, and are struggling to survive the rising cost of living

MQM is also a terrorist organization. MQM is killing innocent people who belong to a different political party or who disagree with them. Army is needed more to defeat these MQM terrorists because Karachi is a financial city and is the city with the largest population in Pakistan while Waziristan and Swat are mountainous areas with a very small population.

Altaf doesnt represent 100% mohajirs and urdu speakers or even a majority of them. In a city of 20 million, gathering few thousand for a crowd is not a big deal. After all MQM is a champion of rent a rally. Most of their rallies and altaf khitab are actually massive "langar" which invities people of all masses for the sake of "deg" and not really the diaherria coming from toilet in london.

From my best estimate, only 5% mohajirs or urdu speakers support MQM and their support in Karachi is really limited to handful of areas like Orangi, Korangi, Azizabad, FB Area, etc etc.

A large majority of MQM cadre is constituted of Bihairs and U.P migrants. Before and during partition, there was large scale hindu-muslim riots in the UP belts and thousand of people were killed on both side.

Problem is, Altaf has started to see himself as the don of Karachi and doesnt want to tolerate anyone else in there which is not going to happen.

Pakistan at large is a rural country with neuclatic metropolises. These metropolis have huge influence on development of all groups in a given provience. However in the case of Sindh, that influence has been nearly nil due to uneven distribution of ethinic groups and Karachi at large being domianted by migrants which do not have roots to the rural sindh. This has led to sentiments of jealousy and deprivement and is bound to be a problem for long.

The mistake is that of GOP which failed to evenly distribute indian migrants.

political parties tend to leave people POLITICALLY divided......look at even in North America when they are about to hold elections

being divided on issues is fine, its natural, its part of democracy

but please dont shoot eachother and burn eachothers shops, cars, and homes just because of political differences!!!!!

Is this mentality in Karachittes killing everyone?

Violence continues to haunt Karachi, over 20 people killed and several vehicles torched in troubled areas of Karachi past 36 hours.

Immature childish behaviours destroying these stuffs indeed. :hitwall:

un--necessary violence by a mob of jahhils......

lives lost, lives injured, jobs and livelihood being destroyed, damaged private and public property

do these people have even a MODICUM of shame?

and for all this to continue during a holy month of Ramzan.......shameless jahhils

Zardari, Altaf conspiring to divide Sindh: Magsi
Updated at: 1740 PST, Thursday, August 04, 2011

Zardari, Altaf conspiring to divide Sindh: Magsi HYDERABAD: Chairman of Sindh Taraqi Pasand Party, Qadir Magsi said that Asif Ali Zardari and MQM Chief Altaf Hussain were secretly conspiring to divide Sindh, Geo News reported.

Magsi made this statement during a press conference where he further added that the Urdu speaking masses would have a vulnerable future if they did not protest against Altaf Hussain's behaviour.

Commenting on the ongoing spree of target killing in Karachi, Qadir Magsi said that peace could be achieved in Karachi if Altaf Hussain, Shahi Syed and Zulfiqar Mirza were prosecuted.

All Mohajirs are not Urdu speaking: Shahi Syed
Updated at: 1733 PST, Thursday, August 04, 2011
All Mohajirs are not Urdu speaking: Shahi Syed KARACHI: President of Awami National Party (ANP) Sindh Shahi Syed on Thursday said that it was a wrong perception to recognize all Urdu speaking people as Mohajirs or every Mohajir as Urdu speaking.

In a statement issued from Bacha Khan Centre here, Shahi Syed said that the count of Mohajireen from East and West Punjab and Jammu and Kashmir were more than in millions as compared to Urdu speaking people.

He said that Urdu speaking community and Wali Khan Baba jointly supported Mohtarma Fatima Jinnah during presidential election in 1965. Political leaders should show tolerance and respect towards each other.

Army operation in Karachi has always been the demand of ANP and the party also demanded to re-set constituencies in the city and to remove reservations of all political parties by holding fresh elections in the city, he added.

All Mohajirs are not Urdu speaking: Shahi Syed
Updated at: 1733 PST, Thursday, August 04, 2011
All Mohajirs are not Urdu speaking: Shahi Syed KARACHI: President of Awami National Party (ANP) Sindh Shahi Syed on Thursday said that it was a wrong perception to recognize all Urdu speaking people as Mohajirs or every Mohajir as Urdu speaking.

In a statement issued from Bacha Khan Centre here, Shahi Syed said that the count of Mohajireen from East and West Punjab and Jammu and Kashmir were more than in millions as compared to Urdu speaking people.

He said that Urdu speaking community and Wali Khan Baba jointly supported Mohtarma Fatima Jinnah during presidential election in 1965. Political leaders should show tolerance and respect towards each other.

Army operation in Karachi has always been the demand of ANP and the party also demanded to re-set constituencies in the city and to remove reservations of all political parties by holding fresh elections in the city, he added.

He is right but there is a huge difference between Punjabi and Kashmiri Mohajirs and Urdu speaking Mohajirs.

First of all Kashmir is a disputed territory so lets put Kashmir aside for a moment.

Secondly, Punjab is Punajbi mohajirs homeland, it always were, so it doesnt matter if they came from Gurdaspur to Lahore. Punjab is theirs and Punjabi Mohajirs are the ones who suffered the most. All the stories you heard about trains full of dead bodies coming to Lahore railway station were bodies of Punjabi Muslims. Sikhs wiped out all the Muslims from Indian Punjab except for one city where their holy man told them not to, everywhere else in Indian Punjab you will not find a Punjabi Muslim. Urdu speaking Mohajirs didnt have to suffer as much seeing there are still plenty of Muslims in their ancestral city or towns to this day. And you will never hear a Punjabi Muslim calling partition a blunder or begging india to take him and his people back.

Ask all the parties who want to share the control of Karachi to come for a meeting on a ship.. take it in the deep sea.. bomb the sh!t out of it.. as simple as that..

What I find ridicolous that ANP thugs have soo much animosity towards Urdu speaking Mohajirs where as their founder Bacha Khan was such a congress supporter and unitied india proponents that he recivied the highest Indian civilian award and was soo opposed of Pakistan that he asked to be buried in Jalalabad, Afghanistan?

Strange and dirty Pak politics..

He did proclaimed he was all for construction of Pakistan but yet requested burial in Afghanistan? reason?

Ghaffar Khan strongly opposed the Muslim League's demand for the partition of India.[2][3] When the Indian National Congress accepted the partition plan, he told them "You have thrown us to the wolves."[4]

Whenever I had an opportunity to address the people in different parts of our province, I told them clearly that indeed, I was of the opinion that India should not be divided because today in India we have witnessed the result. Thousands and thousands of young and old, children, men, and women were massacred and ruined. But now that the division is an accomplished fact, the dispute is over. " I delivered many speeches against the division of India, but the question is: has anybody listened to me? You may hold any opinion about me, but I am not a man of destruction but of construction. If you study my life, you will find that I devoted it to the welfare of our country. We have proclaimed that if the Government of Pakistan would work for our people and our country the Khudai Khidmatgars would be with them. I repeat that I am not for the destruction of Pakistan. In destruction lies no good. "Neither Hindus nor Muslims, nor the Frontier, not Punjab, Bengal or Sindh stands to gain from it. There is advantage only in construction. I want to tell you categorically I will not support anybody in destruction. If any constructive programme is before you, if you want to do something constructive for our people, not in theory, but in practice, I declare before this House that I and my people are at your service... (February 1948)
Khan Abdul Ghaffar Khan: A True Servant of Humanity by Girdhari Lal Puri pp -188 ? 190

this just in:

Few takers in NA for Altaf’s call to deploy army

ISLAMABAD: As lawmakers blew hot and cold in the National Assembly on Thursday over Karachi violence, there was little fancy for MQM leader Altaf Hussain’s demand to call out army to restore peace in Pakistan’s commercial hub.

Though a member of the government-allied Awami National Party (ANP), which has been at odds with the Muttahida Qaumi Movement (MQM) in Karachi, repeated the party’s own demand for using army to “deweaponise” the violence-plagued city, Mr Hussain’s demand in a speech from London on Wednesday to deploy the army and paramilitary Rangers in the city on “a full-time basis” was rejected outright by opposition partner Jamiat Ulema-i-Islam (JUI).

The idea was met with silence from speakers from the ruling Pakistan People’s Party, to which the MQM was allied until last month, and the main opposition Pakistan Muslim League-N on the fourth day of an opposition-sought debate on the latest upsurge of deadly shooting sprees in Karachi and sectarian violence in Quetta.

No member from the third major party in the house and a government ally, Pakistan Muslim League-Q, spoke on the day, which also saw angry exchanges between the PPP and PML-N over each other’s conduct, with some shouting from the PML-N benches, and sentimental outburst from two MQM members, repeating their party’s allegations that the PPP government in Sindh was backing groups their party blames for gunning down its supporters and burning properties in various parts of the
city it dominates politically.

But other speakers, including those from the opposition who accused the government of bad governance, pleaded for a political approach, such as all political parties sitting together to find a solution and forming an all-party parliamentary committee to investigate the situation and report to the house.

JUI chief Maulana Fazlur Rehman said he was opposed to army’s deployment in Karachi in the same way as he had been against its use against militants in Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa and Federally Administered Tribal Areas (Fata).

He described the present situation in Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa after the 2009 military operation in the province’s Malakand division as that of “martial law practically” and said: “Don’t take out army against the public. A partial martial law will be as bad as a complete martial law in the whole country.”

The Maulana described MQM’s demand for army deployment in Karachi despite its experience of previous crackdowns there and of ANP – and “some similar talk in the opposition” – as a reflection of the gravity of the situation, but he said: “If all parties sit together with sincerity, I can say with certainty that we can find a solution.”MQM’s Sajid Ahmed blamed members of the rival MQM-Haqiqi and what he called the “Lyari gang” for attacks such as killings and burning of houses and factories without being checked from police or Rangers, while his party colleague Iqbal Mohammad Ali Khan complained of “terrorists getting government backing” and said the whole of Pakistan should be made weapon-free rather than only Karachi.

A third MQM member, Wasim Akhtar, speaking on a point of order, demanded compensation for burned down properties in Karachi and stern action against kidnappings of members of the Hindu community in interior of Sindh mainly for what he called grabbing their properties by influential local people.

It was harsh criticism of the PPP policies since the 1970s and Interior Minister Rahman Malik by PML-N member Hanif Abbasi that provoked a counter-attack from PPP Punjab provincial president Imtiaz Safdar Waraich, who was cheered from his own party but was cut short by Speaker Fehmida Mirza after some PML-N shouting, apparently against his recalling of party chief Nawaz Sharif accepting a 10-year exile for a pardon by then president Pervez Musharraf in Dec 2000 and Mr Abbasi voting as a then-MMA member for the controversial Musharraf-era 17th Amendment of the Constitution.

ANP member Bushra Gohar said “all stakeholders” in Karachi should come to table to find out a solution instead of resorting to point-scoring and called for an “across-the-board deweaponisation” of the city and implementation of the newly revived “commissionerate system” there “in letter and spirit”.

PML-N’s newly inducted deputy information secretary Khurram Dastgir said his party was “unconditionally ready for anything it can do” to remedy the situation that he blamed on a “death of governance”, and called on all parties to realise their responsibility to the country instead of hurling accusations against one another.

But the new PML-N deputy secretary-general, Ahsan Iqbal, seemed little impressed by his colleague’s counsel when, after repeating his Wednesday’s demand for calling heads of all security agencies for a briefing to parliamentarians on Karachi, he announced a protest walkout of his party over power cuts and delayed trains at the end of debate, only to find Deputy Speaker Faisal Karim Kundi adjourning the house until 10.30am on Friday before most party members could get up from their seats.

Few takers in NA for Altaf

politicians....you know....

just being themselves.......rather than discuss the issue in undisturbed and focused fashion, they dick around pointing fingers and showing how much emotional/political BAGGAGE they carry with them.

no role models at all.......sab NALAYAK NALAYAK

Altaf Bhai sends peace (salam)

Last edited by a moderator:
Altaf Bhai sends peace (salam)

yes Army should come in Karachi go to nine zero put all the leaders in that house and bomb it with Tanks and MRLS and than do the same with ANP and PPP but first with MQM

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom