What's new

Featured Army and Air chief Witness Air Defence & Field Exercises

Pakistan Navy's modernization plans are really heartening and going well.
Pakistan Airforce is already doing well in almost all domains and improving
Pakistan Army is well trained and well equipped and more so after the induction of VT4

Overall we are doing well in our defense sector. But to be honest, Air defence is the only domain in which we seem to be lacking. Maybe my judgment is biased due to the incidents in recent past (Salala check post, OBL raid, 27th Feb Indian airforce attack) and Pakistani air defence failure to respond in time in all these incidents.

Pakistan's Air defence needs to be improved a lot and exercises like these are a good start. At the moment we are trying to catch up with india (S-400, Indian Anti-Ballistic Missile Shield).
I wish we were a wealthy country that had all the resources it needs for a proactive role, then we would be banging India every weekend.

Pakistan Navy's modernization plans are really heartening and going well.
Pakistan Airforce is already doing well in almost all domains and improving
Pakistan Army is well trained and well equipped and more so after the induction of VT4

Overall we are doing well in our defense sector. But to be honest, Air defence is the only domain in which we seem to be lacking. Maybe my judgment is biased due to the incidents in recent past (Salala check post, OBL raid, 27th Feb Indian airforce attack) and Pakistani air defence failure to respond in time in all these incidents.

Pakistan's Air defence needs to be improved a lot and exercises like these are a good start. At the moment we are trying to catch up with india (S-400, Indian Anti-Ballistic Missile Shield).
Nashukri :(

Why are all our generals so fat and lazy? I mean I get it that senior officers are generally older but come on, in the US military even senior level officers are expected to be fit...

@PanzerKiel what's the role of fixed wing aircraft? Reconnaissance, I guess, but ain't that dangerous in modern battlefield. Also hadn't we moved to UAVs at corps level.
Moreover why move medium range SAM with armoured assets where they can be taken out even by unintentional indirect fire, aslo we have fm90s for AD support of armoured formations

@PanzerKiel what's the role of fixed wing aircraft? Reconnaissance, I guess, but ain't that dangerous in modern battlefield. Also hadn't we moved to UAVs at corps level.
Moreover why move medium range SAM with armoured assets where they can be taken out even by unintentional indirect fire, aslo we have fm90s for AD support of armoured formations
UAVs, fixed and rotary aircraft squadrons are already under command of each corps.

Fixed wing aircraft are used for recce, liaison, fire support coordination and correction, as a ride for ABC (Air Battle Captain).....

With regards to move of medium range SAMs with armored assets, its not in isolation......the point that they may be targetted by indirect fire was taken into consideration, and necessary safeguards and counters were also taken to ensure that this doesnt happen....additional measures were also taken to ensure that no indirect fire falls on them.

If only HQ 9 can be added to this mix, we will have a formidable air defense network providing PAF much needed space for offensive actions inside Indian territory.

UAVs, fixed and rotary aircraft squadrons are already under command of each corps.

Fixed wing aircraft are used for recce, liaison, fire support coordination and correction, as a ride for ABC (Air Battle Captain).....

With regards to move of medium range SAMs with armored assets, its not in isolation......the point that they may be targetted by indirect fire was taken into consideration, and necessary safeguards and counters were also taken to ensure that this doesnt happen....additional measures were also taken to ensure that no indirect fire falls on them.
Shouldn't we also give the mirages to strike corps along with other important holding corps. It would be a great boost and also relieve the PAF from undertaking CAS ops

Shouldn't we also give the mirages to strike corps along with other important holding corps. It would be a great boost and also relieve the PAF from undertaking CAS ops
A bit far fetched i believe.....a whole new undertaking.....otherwise, PAF Officers are already part of each Corps in order to coordinate all sort of PAF support sorties.

A bit far fetched i believe.....a whole new undertaking.....otherwise, PAF Officers are already part of each Corps in order to coordinate all sort of PAF support sorties.
A genuine question; what keeps the Army from staging either a joint AD command with PAF or giving aerial control of sensor/shooters to PAF - like in India? I am going by the view, that having one team that sees it all, is better than silos of two different arms. And we have the example of PN here as well, which has synergized itself with PAF.

Back
Top Bottom