What's new

Arjun News & Discussions

i believe the biggest problem with arjun was the stigma that got attached to it.

for a very very long time it was not upto the standards the army required of it. that was the time the army formed the impression that it was useless. for many years after that, it was still inferior and the impression strengthened. now that it is upto the task or maybe better, the army is continuously reminded of the several failures the tank has had over the many years it was under development. infact even when the first few regiments were being armed with the arjun, the army felt that the tank was being shoved down its throat for reasons unrelated to defence.

now once the tank proves itself worthy beyond doubt, the stigma might lift.

enough same boring talk... i present..

THE BEST TANK IN THE WORLD

in the next post.

Last edited:
I predicted over 18 months ago that India would Field over 10 regiments of Arjun Tanks some 450 Tanks by 2020.

This would constitute around 15% of INDIA future Tank nos.

Approx 1500 T90 by 2020 in 30 regiments
Approx 1000 Tank X (HYBRID OF ARJUN & T72) BY 2020 IN 20 REGIMENTS.

Thats exactly wat i think will end up happening.

Which Tank is the Worst?
by Harold C. Hutchison

Other tanks with major issues include India’s Arjun, which was been in development for over 20 years and is just now entering series production – twenty years behind schedule. It’s also turning into a maintenance nightmare, requiring more maintenance personnel than the T-72s already in Indian service. It is also proving to be incompatible with current tank transporters in the Indian Army. It is also overweight (at 58.5 tons), and the Indian army still cannot get a decent engine for this tank. To be fair to this tank, it is still in development. However, the chances of these problems being fixed can only be described as slim.

From how many years you were sleeping??? Or you just woke up from some wet dreams and asking yrs back questions?
Can you check the date for this source ??

In this specific thread we have seen our Bhaijaans have not replied to any posts. Seems they are still not beliving that Arjunk is Arjun now for them.

From how many years you were sleeping??? Or you just woke up from some wet dreams and asking yrs back questions?
Can you check the date for this source ??

In this specific thread we have seen our Bhaijaans have not replied to any posts. Seems they are still not beliving that Arjunk is Arjun now for them.

refrain from personal attacks bud, they don't serve any purpose.
try to stay objective. :toast_sign:

Dont run away from reality , my friend???????
we are comparing Power of engines against weight of tank.
You still haven't proved why Arjun has less power weighing at 58.5 tons with 1400Hp while Abrams has 68.5 tons with 1500Hp.
And for your benefit Leopard has 60.5 tons and 1500Hp only.

I can just see one thing - you were here trying to troll and nothing else,
may be a Chinese hiding behind , looking at all your other posts

Wow, I was trying to save you face. But, apparently, you don't even know the difference between Abrams--a road tank and Arjuns--a field tank.

This comes in a surprise. So suddenly whoever unveils India's indigenous capabilities is automatically labeled Chinese. You guys are dwelling in a cave. In Canada, East Asians are considered prestigious, compared to Indians, and honestly, in rest of the western world. We even favor Chinese immigrants over Indians, in spite of the "English" linguistical advantage Indians claim to have. I guess it is common of [some] Indians since in spite of having god knows how many people, your independence came a whole century later, than the rest of world...

I am aware of the fifty cents party that's all over G&M and NYtimes, but seriously, I don't think the Chinese government cares enough about India, to even spend 50 cents on you guys.

I'm not going to go racist. But you guys should really ask what white Americans or even your buddy Englishmen think of you guys. We're just playing along so the commies won't take over the world. The USA, RF and PRC are the players, the rest are just chess pieces. I guess that's a mentality Indians will never be able to cope with.

Last edited:
Wow, I was trying to save you face. But, apparently, you don't even know the difference between Abrams--a road tank and Arjuns--a field tank.

This comes in a surprise. So suddenly whoever unveils India's indigenous capabilities is automatically labeled Chinese. You guys are dwelling in a cave. In Canada, East Asians are considered prestigious, compared to Indians, and honestly, in rest of the western world. We even favor Chinese immigrants over Indians, in spite of the "English" linguistical advantage Indians claim to have. I guess it is common of [some] Indians since in spite of having god knows how many people, your independence came a whole century later, than the rest of world...

I am aware of the fifty cents party that's all over G&M and NYtimes, but seriously, I don't think the Chinese government cares enough about India, to even spend 50 cents on you guys.

I'm not going to go racist. But you guys should really ask what white Americans or even your buddy Englishmen think of you guys. We're just playing along so the commies won't take over the world. The USA, RF and PRC are the players, the rest are just chess pieces. I guess that's a mentality Indians will never be able to cope with.

ao333, try to stay objective dude. no need to get carried away ( i advise fellow indians the same). try to ignore inflammatory remarks.
This is a defense forum, our (Indian & otherwise) social (or shall i say stereotypical) standing on the world stage is of little importance. Stay on topic guys

congrats guys army will place more orders for arjun with advanced capabilities like firing of LAHAT atgm's and additional protective armour..kudos..i hope atleast 500 mk1 arjuns r dere...we can use dem in defence operations rather dan strike and dey can retire t55's.:victory::victory::victory:

Fantastic News for DRDO. It seems they are on full throttle now a days :chilli:

who the heck r u to decide dat u favour chinese over indians???

ya our independence came acentury later and still we r challenging d world..just speaks volumes abt our capabilities.in fact canadian pm has made announcements abt hw much they owe d indians for d development of canada..we have way more indian origin mp's in canada than the chinese..canadians vote for them..

ya rite chinese govt dont pay us any attention.. y did they supplied nuclear weapons and other weapons to pakistan to engage in an arms race with india

ohhh ur mao told dis to u...that PRC is the player and what game r u playing???tianamen square or google attack.poor commies grow up..real game will be wen US will slash and make d dollar fall own to trash prices so dat ur 2 trillion debt will be paid in trash..den we will see who r the real players.. in the mean while u can stay high on ur pot or crack..or even cockroaches n reptiles for that matter:sniper:

Are you crack or what / seems like really low on IQ
You Made a statement Arjun is underpowered , everyone on this forum is asking you to prove it, you dont seem to get that point instead you start showing your love for China, and anti-India posts.
Secondly when Proof is given atleast on two places in form of comparison charts to show Power of other tanks , still you dont seem to learn anything.

Last time - I am asking you why do you think -Arjun is underpowered in comparison to other tanks ,( follow charts posted before)

If you cant justify your claim then
Stop your B.S and Troll towards India and its People.
If you dont like Arjun / India , leave this forum and join Sino-def forum

Last edited:
@ a033 " This comes in a surprise. So suddenly whoever unveils India's indigenous capabilities is automatically labeled Chinese. You guys are dwelling in a cave. In Canada, East Asians are considered prestigious, compared to Indians, and honestly, in rest of the western world. We even favor Chinese immigrants over Indians, in spite of the "English" linguistical advantage Indians claim to have. I guess it is common of [some] Indians since in spite of having god knows how many people, your independence came a whole century later, than the rest of world..."

my friend couple of points to consider:
1. In Canada largest number of immigrants are from mainland china..I wonder why? whats so wrong with that place that most of you want to leave it?

2. A lot chinese immigrants and students are into a lot of illegal and immoral business including prostitution (in fact the largest number of prostitutes in canada are from china) and they sure are cheap :smitten:

so i dont know which cave you have been living in.

BTW ..my first post in PDF...sure is going to ruffle a lot of Wumáo Dangs..the fire of peking shud be upon me...if not the wall of pindi...cheers! :china::pakistan:

Last edited:
Arjun was capped at 124.. It was regarded as a failure. Now India is buying more... A lot of confusion. So that is why others are doubt the validity of the test.

Do you think that no upgrades and modifications were done on those CAPPED Arjuns :D :azn:

Even our Army is confused on this issue, HOW TO TACKLE MoD and Mr. Anthony on their CONCERNS :devil:

initially they kept saying that they don't want Arjun; but when they requested to upgrade T72's they were beguiled :oops: on top of that successful trials in march 2010 :woot:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom