What's new

Arjun News & Discussions

Lets analyse

Case 1: Arjun better than T-90 better than T-80UD/AK/AZ/T-55/Type-98/Type-99

India pummels Pakistani/Chini armour

Case 2: T-90 better than Arjun better than T-80UD/AK/AZ/T-55/Type-98/Type-99

OMG! India beats Pakistani/Chini armour

The enemy tank killed count can then supplied to you to pronounce either the Arjun or the T-90 as winner.

I honestly hope that we don't have to go to war with any of our neighbors dude, all of us have worked very hard to bring our economy to the current level. a war would lay waste to so much of our effort and kill so many of our brave soldiers.

I honestly hope that we don't have to go to war with any of our neighbors dude, all of us have worked very hard to bring our economy to the current level. a war would lay waste to so much of our effort and kill so many of our brave soldiers.

The right attitude would be to be know that your neighbour hopes he never has to fight you.

The right attitude would be to be know that your neighbour hopes he never has to fight you.

in our environment, I doubt there's a way to know, the risk will always be there bud.
edit: as long as there are pending issues, the risk will continue.

Arjun was the worst tank ever,but i guess with these improvements it might just might improve some what .

Arjun was the worst tank ever,but i guess with these improvements it might just might improve some what .

what you think hardly makes any difference. bottom-line: it seems to have satisfied our army's requirement; it's their job to determine if Arjun in the present form fulfills their needs, that's all that counts.

ps: welcome to PakDef. good to have you :)

People, the weapons, fire control and navigation are Israeli while the engine and tracks are German.

Take the best you get, until you make the best you get.

The reason why it's so heavy is because the chassis is made in India. The designers just keep on adding armor because it's the only part of the tank that's indigenous.

If you compare it to any western tank it will start to take some of the weight off of you.

Though, I have to commend India for being able to assemble such an unmaneuverable and patent-stricken tank.

Maneuverability was never a problem. I dont recall the DRDO filing a patent for developing the Arjun.

as long as there are pending issues, the risk will continue

No, I am saying India Pakistan should always be a one sided contest like 1971. Efforts by DRDO focus on how to make it more lopsided than it already is. China is the real threat, and to take it down we have to build ourselves as well as engage in strategic partnerships on the lines of enemy's enemy is a friend.

No, I am saying India Pakistan should always be a one sided contest like 1971. Efforts by DRDO focus on how to make it more lopsided than it already is. China is the real threat, and to take it down we have to build ourselves as well as engage in strategic partnerships on the lines of enemy's enemy is a friend.

agreed. all I'm saying is that I just hope we don't actually go to a war as it would be destructive for our economy and our people.
Military modernization efforts should definitely continue full steam.

Which Tank is the Worst?
by Harold C. Hutchison

Other tanks with major issues include India’s Arjun, which was been in development for over 20 years and is just now entering series production – twenty years behind schedule. It’s also turning into a maintenance nightmare, requiring more maintenance personnel than the T-72s already in Indian service. It is also proving to be incompatible with current tank transporters in the Indian Army. It is also overweight (at 58.5 tons), and the Indian army still cannot get a decent engine for this tank. To be fair to this tank, it is still in development. However, the chances of these problems being fixed can only be described as slim.

Military modernization efforts should definitely continue full steam.

True true. War is devastating. The point of the whole military modernisation is to avoid war. That is what I mean when I say you know your enemy hopes he never has to go to war with you & we work to get there.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom