What's new

Arjun News & Discussions

Lets talk abt Engine power , you said no tank of Arjun's wt class carries that low power , i have shown you the proof Arjun is 58.5 ton, Abrams are 68 ton and both have same Hp 1500.
Even 1400 Hp if you want- Arjun is underpowered ?????????????? then what will you call ABRAMS

And Germany is part of AMERICA - Just to back your statement.
I am sorry , i cant continue discussion with you .
You are too much misinformed abt world and India.

So suddenly a road tank is being compared to a field tank and Arjuns suddenly received a magical 100hp upgrade of paper folded engines.

I rest my case.

Last edited:
So suddenly a road tank is being compared to a field tank and Arjuns suddenly received a magical 100hp upgrade of paper folded engines.

I rest my case.

You should have done so long time back - The country where you stay - you know what they call you right THE 51st state of America!

And your argument is utter nonsense with little value add - so please refrain from talking BS cos YOU ARE NOT THE ONE WHO INFLUENCES OUR IAs DECISIONS. SO YES YOU SHOULD DEFINITELY REST YOUR CASE!

And here is a comparison: This is from last month - even if it is 1400 HP - It does not MATTER it is still comparable to the TOP TANKS IN THE WORLD!

P5200036.JPG

Last edited:

I rest my case.

Dude seriously all those questions of yours have been answered to.
Why u showin your good brains by askin the same questions again and again????:taz:
Spend your time in a better way............................:coffee:

I rest my case.

Dont run away from reality , my friend???????
we are comparing Power of engines against weight of tank.
You still haven't proved why Arjun has less power weighing at 58.5 tons with 1400Hp while Abrams has 68.5 tons with 1500Hp.
And for your benefit Leopard has 60.5 tons and 1500Hp only.

I can just see one thing - you were here trying to troll and nothing else,
may be a Chinese hiding behind , looking at all your other posts

You still haven't proved why Arjun has less power weighing at 58.5 tons with 1400Hp while Abrams has 68.5 tons with 1500Hp.

Its recession time yaar. Let him earn his 50 cents. :rofl:

Years ago i spoke to a T-90 tanker and according to him the T-90 was dead accurare even while traversing over rough terrain, just who were the tankers behind the T-90? With that kind of hit probability, or lack there of, it makes me wonder if the T-90 was set up to fail in favore of the Arjun.

Thats an absurd statement of its kind.
T-90 has an order book of more than 1000 tanks in India.IA even envinced its interest to buy more to build up a tank force of 4500.

On the other hand when we are talking about the guns accuracy,we are testing the tank in Indian terrain from +50 deg C. T-90 dont have air conditioner,and its catherine sights goes of the mark in desert temperatures.
If you look at the firings of both tanks, T-90 did much better during its before noon when the temperatures are less as compared to noon temperatures.
And in general it has a night time viewing problem.

Arjun is/was the only tank in the world that been through ~10,000km and ~8000 round firing untill its barrel got burst.No other thank was tested like hell as this one.
And it was only during this testing phase,minute error removal and major upgrades were performed.
For the bolded part,same can be said against Arjun.
This is not boasting,but the tank GSQR was changed N number of times.One time army called of a T-90 sized ,while other time called for a Leo comparitive.
Finally DRDO went for the Leo sized KANCHAN armoured tank.
Apart from armys problem of having special wagons and infrastructure,they actually have no problem with Arjun.Because of this tank,much money has to be spent again in raising infrastructe while its not the case with T-90.
More likely Arjun will be put into CBG,rather than into the defence corps.This just shows the confidence attained by IA with the tank.Its integrated BMS(battle management system) comes handy for its foot soldier-commander level networking program.
Though the initial report in this thread failed to acknowledge the indigenous 1500HP engine that supossed to go into engine along with other accesories replacing the imported,tracks will be kept the same getting TOT for local manufacture.

Too late man..I found it out yesterday so I stopped replying to him.

we need to buy T-90 even if Arjun is more sophisticated and advanced than T-90, because Russia is planning to modify and develop it's T-90 tank rather than developing T-95. Sooner or later we can be a part of their developing program and Vice-Versa
so on both the sides we do not have any loss.

^^^ in place of buying more T-90s it will be a much better to develop ARJUN and bring MK-2 and MK-3 versions...we are not going to fight a war in near future and that leaves us ample time to develop our own TANK using best available technological inputs from RUSSIA, ISRAEL and GERMANY where ever necessary..

dont you think that would be one kick@$$ tank for even upgraded T-90s.

Feel free to disagree:cheers:

wow....That some news...Would you guys believe i read each and every post on these 7 pages(after all news is worth).....I must say i am surprised that apart from a couple of members not many critics have doubted the performance of Arjun....So officially(as far as this forum is concerned) can we now assume that it is no more ARJUNK and is our killer Arjun????

Anyways does not matter what people say DRDO has proven its worth with the success of this killer machine...Though ironically earlier people used to called it indegenous and a faliure now they are claiming it to be a imported tank instead of indegenous failure....

Anyways i am enjoying it all...

^^^ in place of buying more T-90s it will be a much better to develop ARJUN and bring MK-2 and MK-3 versions...we are not going to fight a war in near future and that leaves us ample time to develop our own TANK using best available technological inputs from RUSSIA, ISRAEL and GERMANY where ever necessary..

dont you think that would be one kick@$$ tank for even upgraded T-90s.

Feel free to disagree:cheers:
Mostly I feel they should first work on delivering low cost logistical support to the army and get the infrastructure ready. So that the army will not have an excuse.

Work on reducing weight. and use kaveri engine to power this tank. Like the Abrams are powered by gas turbine engines.

Its time now for DRDO to bring every tech to one single umbrella and see the feasibilty of a reasearch and its wide spreead applications.
They need to capitalize the success of Arjun.

First it was Indians claiming Arjuns were sabotaged, now its a Chinese traitor saying T90s were sabotaged. Oh lordy.

Man......

Actually the former wasnt correct. there was no sabotage w.r.t Arjun on behalf of Indian army.

the problem here was 2 fold.
One is time taken for the development,which let the army to go for T-90 instead of Arjun.And army got TOT for T-90 to produce in numbers to achieve its requirement numbers.
during this time Arjun was suffering with teething problems,which has to be considered a main cause.And in perspectives it was clear that army never insisted in inducting a problematic MBT,instead it went after T-90 considered as ahighly modified and upgraded T-72.

Now army has `2000 T-72 of them only 700 or so were upgraded to CIA(combat improved Ajeya)After all,T-72 was a decades old design and the threats have drastically changed.Hence the need for a superior firepower along with armour.
T-90 did excellent during trials on Russian landmass,but failed miserably in indian temperatures. It was a face saving measure by Army to cover the mess and started sending RFP for air conditioner,thermal sights ,..... which later made the tank exceptionally costly compared to Arjun with similar features.

and reason for Armys reluctance was that,it got its doctrine readied with T-90 and T-72.All the logistics and infrastructure were developed accordingly.Now all of a sudden Arjun proved beyond doubt.This put army in a dilema of inducting a system that will interfere with all its doctrinal and logistics plans.

IF IA did have followed the Israeli way of inducting MBT ,though it turned out with issues,it would have been in much better position.

Now the much possible wayout is inducting <500 Arjuns(throw them into strike corps/integrated battle groups) while going for a F-MBT design while taking use of the Arjun developmental effort.
At the same time to use the Arjun infrastructre,it would be much better to go for Tank-EX which is a T-72 hull and Arjun riffled gun.
Its actually a win-win situation if this logic was followed.On one side using the knowledge gained in the past,while on the otherside compensating developmental costs in the name of tank-EX.

And Tank-EX will do much muchhhhh better in terms of networking and providing enormous firepower.

And regarding the later,it was a known rhetoric that these fellow members followup........ just :sniper:

Back
Top Bottom