What's new

Arjun News & Discussions

So how much is Arjun nowadays? Is it cheaper now that Indian army is ordering more. How come suddenly, Arjun is a better tank than T-90. When T-90 was superior to Arjun.

I think it will not be cheaper than t90....may be at par as of now.....things will change when more orders come in ...and economy of scale is achieved..........on top of that....Indian money stays in India ...rather than filling Russian Coffers........India Defense industry will become better ....

Arjun was capped at 124.. It was regarded as a failure. Now India is buying more... A lot of confusion. So that is why others are doubt the validity of the test.

Yes, and when DRDO came through Such criticisms, They worked on it to rectify it... and Why would The Indian army which was criticizing Arjun conduct trials with there most preferred tank T-90, And When Arjun outgunned it The Army cannot do anything as the trials were against the T-90, army has to buy it, or atleast say why they dont want it....

Now hardwork by DRDO paid...

So how much is Arjun nowadays? Is it cheaper now that Indian army is ordering more. How come suddenly, Arjun is a better tank than T-90. When T-90 was superior to Arjun.

Arjun is more expensive than T-90,close to 4.5 million dollars for each unit

Arjun is more expensive than T-90,close to 4.5 million dollars for each unit

Wow.....thats new....I heard it was around 3.5 or something like that......and that too with limited production ....once the full production starts....and economies of scale are achieved......it will become less costlier.......

Army placed an order for 124 MBT Arjun....for 471.2 Million USD.

And more orders would mean ...prices coming down.

And guys, even if it is a little more expensive, its a lot more indegenous than T 90. Which means a larger part of the cost gets ploughed back into India economy. So while it may be more expensive for the Army, it is definitely cheaper for India

The test can be rigged to make Arjun win. Therefore, the army is force to buy more Arjuns from the politicians. The winner is the Pakistani arm forces as they would rather face Arjuns.

If Arjuns are superior compare to T-90, then India made a grave mistake by buying the 1000+ T-90s. So did India made the mistake of buying the T-90s or are Arjuns made to win the comparason?

Tests rigged !!!

army buys tanks from politicians, politicians buy bungalow from that money.!!

Pakistan army wins from arjun !!

Expert review of the tanks!!

What more can u come up with!!

Hey guys are u still talking to this guy and replying??/ :hitwall:

There are words like improvisation and upgrades in the dictionary .. go check it.

As I mentioned before, one thing that Pakistanis and Indians can agree on is for India to buy more Arjuns.

Indians: Indian military should buy Indian made tanks. National pride.
Pakistanis: Indian military should buy Indian made tanks. Victory in the tank battles.

He is a chinese doing propaganda here.....

always saying bad things for india...

now when the trials have been conducted and IT IS WELL KNOWN to anyone on the forum that indian army used to always favour T-90, still Arjun has come out winner...

our chinese friend is unable to DIGEST this coz their own products are no where as close to Arjun... so he is trying to defame Arjun.....

I'm not twisting the words but asking a question

If Arjuns are superior compare to T-90, then India made a grave mistake by buying the 1000+ T-90s. So did India made the mistake of buying the T-90s or are Arjuns made to win the comparason?

Just a simple question, not a tough question.

ok made the mistake.... But T-90 is also very good Tank...so no issues....both are good tanks....and both are better then what our neighbours have...

are u new on this forum..???
is it diffficult to undstnd that Arjun didnt get its fair share of admiration and support which it commanded....it was always a good tank but somehow some ppl were not willing to accept...

Finally it BATTLED it out in the desert and win the hearts of the ppl.....and prove its Mettle.....

it is the bid daddy.....beware of it- here comes ARJUN...

People, the weapons, fire control and navigation are Israeli while the engine and tracks are German.

The reason why it's so heavy is because the chassis is made in India. The designers just keep on adding armor because it's the only part of the tank that's indigenous.

Though, I have to commend India for being able to assemble such an unmaneuverable and patent-stricken tank.

Tests rigged !!!

army buys tanks from politicians, politicians buy bungalow from that money.!!

Pakistan army wins from arjun !!

Expert review of the tanks!!

What more can u come up with!!

Hey guys are u still talking to this guy and replying??/ :hitwall:

It is always better if our enemies under estimate us... they did it once .... hope they will do it again...
Ppl, there is no need to defend arjun... just read the news and get the info.
If the army is purchasing more Arjuns, that means they have a plan, lets leave it at that....

People, the weapons, fire control and navigation are Israeli while the engine and tracks are German.

The reason why it's so heavy is because the chassis is made in India. The designers just keep on adding armor because it's the only part of the tank that's indigenous.

Though, I have to commend India for being able to assemble such an unmaneuverable and patent-stricken tank.

Tracks are Indian.

What weapons are Israeli? Other than the LAHAT ATGM.

It's not any heavier than other contemporary tanks. M1A1, T99 etc.

The test can be rigged to make Arjun win. Therefore, the army is force to buy more Arjuns from the politicians. The winner is the Pakistani arm forces as they would rather face Arjuns.

MY DEAR FRIEND so now the discussio level has come to this level that your saying that the trial results were rigged:hitwall: were the reports rigged when the THE WHOLE OF INDIA ARMY AND INDIAN MEDIA WERE BLATING ARJUN FOR NOT MEETING PARAMETERS...THE ARMY WAS FORCED TO GO FOR COMPARITIVE TRIALS...DO YOU KNWO THAT THE T-72 M1 WAS TO PARTICIPATE IN THE TRIAL BUT WAS WITHDRWAN AT THE VERY ALST MOMENT....
REASON ARMY KNEW ARJUN WOULD HAVE EATEN IT ALIVE AND IT HAD NO CHANCE IN HELL COMPETING AGAINST IT..:sniper:

NOW YOU ARE SAYING THE ARMY IS BEING FORCED OHHHH!!! HOW IF THE ARMY WAS TO BE FORCED THEY WOULD HAVE HAD ARJUN IN THIER ARMOURY BUT WAS THAT THE CASE NO!!!!!

OUR ARMY HAS A TASTE FOR BEST OF WHICH IS AVAILABLE IT COULD ME RUSSIE MAAL OR A BETTER INDIGENOUS PRODUCT....

NOW COMING ABOUT YOUR POLITICIANS POINT..
THEN PM OF INDIA MR.HD DEVEGODA UNDERE WHOSE GOVERNMENT THE DEAL WAS SINGED WAS NOT IN FAVOUR FOR THE TANK,BUT THE RUSSIAN ARMS LOBBY COUPLED WITH THE INDIAN MEDIATORS WAS SO STRONG THAT IT WAS SHOWED DOWN OUR THROATS..IAM NOT SAYING T-90 IS NOT A GOOD TANK IT IS BETTER THE AL KHALID AND T-80 UD EVN BETTER THEN UR TYPE 99..
WHEN PAKISTAN HAD FINALISED T-80 UD DEAL THE MOD WAS IN SHOCK BCZ WE HAD NOTHNG AS POTENT LIKE T-80UD TO FIGHT T-72 ARE JUST CANNON FODDER TRUST ME..IT WAS THEN THAT WE WENT FOR THE T-90 AND THA TO IN A VER HAPHAZARD MANNER I HOPE I HAVE MADE A POINT TO YOU:pop:

TO ADD MORE THE T-90 PURCHASED WERE NOT EVN RUSSIAN EQUIVALENT,SHOTRA WAS MISSING WHY??? BECAUSE MOD HAD TO REDUCE THE PRICE.....:coffee:

T-90 IS TANK WHICH HAS BEEN MADE FOR RUSSIAN NEEDS AND INDIAN ARMY HAS ADOPTED IT TO MEET OUR REQUIREMENTS

ARJUN ON THE OTHER HAND IS A TANK CUSTOM MADE FOR THE ARMY ACC.TO GSQR REQUIREMENT..WE LOVE THE T-90 CZ ITS LETHAL BETTER THEN WHAT OUR ADVERSARIES HAVE..BUT WE LOVE ARJU THE MOST CZ ITS OUR BOY AND IT HAS COME OUT VICTORIOUS AFTER FACING MANY FAILURES,HARSH CRITICS AND DENIAL:cheers:
REGARDS

Some people cannot digest that Tanks can be made without copying and that too better than the copied ones:chilli::chilli::bunny::bunny:

Tracks are Indian.

What weapons are Israeli? Other than the LAHAT ATGM.

It's not any heavier than other contemporary tanks. M1A1, T99 etc.

Buddy the LAHAT MISSILE IS cms frm isreal,along with that onboard electronics equipment,like a self diagonostic system,electronics which detect mines have been placed,the only other tank to ave self diagonsotics is the M1A1 ABHRAM(correct me if iam wrong)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom