What's new

Arjun News & Discussions

We will know if its any good, if other countries buy it. Lets see when its offered whether there are any buyers?

Buddy the LAHAT MISSILE IS cms frm isreal,along with that onboard electronics equipment,like a self diagonostic system,electronics which detect mines have been placed,the only other tank to ave self diagonsotics is the M1A1 ABHRAM(correct me if iam wrong)

I said what weapons OTHER THAN LAHAT which comes from Israel...

lets see what makes the arjun a lethal platform in its current avatar:
current arjun mk1 has a combat radio net ie an encrypted frequency hopping radio based battle managment system with the help of which arjun tanks can actaully talk to each other,the mk2 version will give it a more potent hunter killer capability as the squad of arjun will be able to share information and the status of thier tanks amonst themself,not just this they will be able to take the feed from UAV's also..this is a network system at its best.
the first kill probability of arjun is alredy above 90% and this is a very well established fact
LAHAT Missile gives it a killing punch it can destroy any oponent from a maximum of 8 km

best indian and isreali electronic input goes in arjun,electronics equipment which can detect mines

under development a new ERA

ARJUN had taken direct hit from t-90(ap round) and passed,if one wants kill this beast you will have to destroy its track or pray that the crew somehow swtiches off its electronics or hit it with something like a milan from less ten 200 mtrs repeatedly.How can i say all this!! well these are the words of the officers who operate it,you all must be remembering a third party was called in to evaluate ARJUN,the party was isreali.and they had gone back home stunned after witnessing ARJUNS performance..Arjun uses certain electronics that are onboard the isreali Merkeva AND Abrhams tanks,used for detection of mines, the army wants a mix of both tank now.thermal imagner of the arjun tank was something which gives it a cut above,the ergonomics inside the tank is also very good crew comfort is such taht even a russian operator would shed tears of joy...........thier is a self diagnsotic system which tells you if the arjun is well or not,not just this it tells you about the problem area too.this kind of tech is currently used in abrahams and merkeva 4,the main gun of arjun beats merkeva anyday,these are just not my words its what the isrealis had to say who are working on it according to then Arjun's rifled gun is an accidentle find by us.Arjun passed direct hits from t-90 AP rounds, it passed fragmented top attack munitions,guys there is alot more then what meets the eye,:cheers::smokin::angel:

this is Indeed a great News, Atlast Arjun has proved its potential and caliber to the Army which was in constant denial to buy this MBT and Interested in T-90 more, Hats off to DRDO, working and challenging the Army to test Arjun with T-90 which is considered one among the best in the world, DRDO knew it was there last chance, and they proved it well, Arjun came out good...

Now There, We can proudly say , Arjun Is here

We will know if its any good, if other countries buy it. Lets see when its offered whether there are any buyers?

Why So much of hurry my dear friend..since when exporting has become a norm for prooving a system..Things have just started to roll in favour of Arjun,it is difficult for many to understand and believe that Arjun is better then t-90,and it is obvious witha very shoddy past,but the past is bygone now we are talking present if the army say's we want more it means that they now are confident of the beast..
just imagine if ARJUN would have performed bad what all reports you would have been listing us,right from army quotes to media quotes...
but the hard work has turned the table,appreciate something if its good.:cheers:
regards

Tracks are Indian.

What weapons are Israeli? Other than the LAHAT ATGM.

It's not any heavier than other contemporary tanks. M1A1, T99 etc.

Dude, the missile is Israeli, which is the contempory part. The rest are century-old tank guns.

You don't power a 60 ton-class with a 1.4khp engine. From what I heard, they're adding even more armor.

Germany sold the track kits to India. If you call that indigenous, sure.

Dude, the missile is Israeli, which is the contempory part. The rest are century-old tank guns.

You don't power a 60 ton-class with a 1.4khp engine. From what I heard, they're adding even more armor.

Germany sold the track kits to India. If you call that indigenous, sure.

The main armament of the M1A1 and M1A2 ABHRAHAM TANK is the M256A1 120 mm smoothbore gun, designed by Rheinmetall AG of Germany,DOES THIS MAKE THE ABRAHAM LESS AMERICAN??:hitwall::china:

arjun1.jpg

From the above image, i see most tanks along time-frame of Arjun have 1500Hp .

Which Guns Arjun is using and are centuries old .
Some one expert on on Technology should help me with this - DMLA, SANCHO,anyone plz

The main armament of the M1A1 and M1A2 ABHRAHAM TANK is the M256A1 120 mm smoothbore gun, designed by Rheinmetall AG of Germany,DOES THIS MAKE THE ABRAHAM LESS AMERICAN??:hitwall::china:

Are you serious? Germany is part of the American Empire. They have over 20 military bases to use there. How many can India use if Germany stopped selling?

arjun1.jpg

Some one expert on on Technology should help me with this - DMLA, SANCHO,anyone plz

Tell me, when was the last major upgrade of tank guns since its invention? And when did all the Arjuns suddenly receive a 100hp upgrade while the upgrade research hasn't even finished yet?

Last edited:
arjun1.jpg

I dont know much ,but i think he is questining the effectiveness of "rifled"gun.
When mounted on a tank, the only advantage in the smoothbore, is the ability to fire both normal ammunition and missiles from the main gun.
These gun barrels have a longer life as there is no 'rifling' to wear out.

Rifled barrels on the other hand, increases the 'lethal range' of a tank gun.
The only 2 tanks using rifled guns are Challenger2 and Arjun,the challenger is not able to fire missiles but Arjun is(LAHAT ATGM).There fore a major negative of rifled barrel has been removed.Though i must point out the life span of the barrel will be shorter than smoothbore ones as the rifling will wear out with time.
Comparing the pros and cons id say, Arjun has a hell of a gun !

Are you serious? Germany is part of the American Empire. They have over 20 military bases to use there. How many can India use if Germany stopped selling?
WOW :smitten::hitwall::hitwall: THATS BRLLIANT LOGIC BY YOUR STANDARDS THE MAIN OF ABRAHAM IS GERMAN SO YOU MAKE GERMAN AMERICANS GOOD LORD..

STOP TROLLING:wave:

Last edited:
Tell me, when did all the Arjuns receive a 100hp upgrade while the research hasn't even been finished yet?
as of now the engine is still 1400hp though DRDO is working to get the engine from cummins (kirloskar) which will be 1500hp.

however what they have done to the present 1400hp engine is mating an indian Turbo Charger which supposedly gives additional 100hp. there was an old report alluding to that.
DRDO Arjun (Lion) Main Battle Tank - History, Specifications and Picture - Military Tanks, Vehicles, and Artillery

Tell me, when was the last major upgrade of tank guns since its invention? And when did all the Arjuns suddenly receive a 100hp upgrade while the upgrade research hasn't even finished yet?

Lets talk abt Engine power , you said no tank of Arjun's wt class carries that low power , i have shown you the proof Arjun is 58.5 ton, Abrams are 68 ton and both have same Hp 1500.
Even 1400 Hp if you want- Arjun is underpowered ?????????????? then what will you call ABRAMS

And Germany is part of AMERICA - Just to back your statement.
I am sorry , i cant continue discussion with you .
You are too much misinformed abt world and India.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom