What's new

Arjun News & Discussions

^^^ in place of buying more T-90s it will be a much better to develop ARJUN and bring MK-2 and MK-3 versions...we are not going to fight a war in near future and that leaves us ample time to develop our own TANK using best available technological inputs from RUSSIA, ISRAEL and GERMANY where ever necessary..

dont you think that would be one kick@$$ tank for even upgraded T-90s.

Feel free to disagree:cheers:

How do you know about the bolded part??? Yes Arjun might have outperformed T-90(though would wait for official report to be out) however lets not ignore the fact that it is a battle proven tank....You can't just dump your MBT like this and switch to other...The transformation from T-90 to Arjun should be gradual...In other words carry on with the order of 1000 T-90 you have ordered...Induct enough Arjun to ensure supply lines are smooth and any glitches there sorted out....T-90 is one heck of a good machine and is better than whatever our adversaries are fielding agaisnt us...It has its problm in Desert Area so Arjun can definitely help in there....

Invest heavily in Arjun MKI - MKII and ensure we get our FMBT in Arjun....

what do we have to counter Chinese T-99 and T-98 G(can any one provide some info) under development.

T-99

Weight : ~54 tonnes for Type-99G~57; tonnes for Type-99A1
~58 tonnes for Type-99A2
Length 11.0 m
Width 3.4 m
Height 2.2 m
Crew 3 (4 originally based on the Type 98 prototypes without autoloader)
Armor: Classified, Al2O3, ERA, composite, others?

Primary
armament :125 mm smoothbore tank gun, compatible with Chinese 140mm guns, or 155 mm for Type 99KM

Secondary
armament: Type 85 heavy machine gun 12.7x108 mm commander's machine gun,7.62 mm coaxial machine gun

Engine: liquid-cooled diesel,1,500 hp (1,100 kW); 2,100 hp for Type 99KM

Power/weight: 27.8 hp/tonne; 28 hp/tonne for Type 99KM
Suspension: torsion bar

Operational range : 600 km
Speed : 80 km/h (50 mph)

Last edited:
How do you know about the bolded part??? Yes Arjun might have outperformed T-90(though would wait for official report to be out) however lets not ignore the fact that it is a battle proven tank....You can't just dump your MBT like this and switch to other...The transformation from T-90 to Arjun should be gradual...In other words carry on with the order of 1000 T-90 you have ordered...Induct enough Arjun to ensure supply lines are smooth and any glitches there sorted out....T-90 is one heck of a good machine and is better than whatever our adversaries are fielding agaisnt us...It has its problm in Desert Area so Arjun can definitely help in there....

Invest heavily in Arjun MKI - MKII and ensure we get our FMBT in Arjun....

Buddy please don think that the Arjun's final and official trial report will be made public by the army so that we can discuss,to reveal a report thier are other modes,what we are reading is just one of them...
Ajay shula himself is an ex service man,he hails from armoured core,who better then him to pass the info!!!!!
Also u have mentioned a very good point about the move from t-90 to arjun sholud be gradual this is exactly what the army will be doing,the other version will be coming in tranches of mk2 and mk3 may well be a joint "indo russian venture" involving a whole new design concept of tanks with lower silhouette.American's are working on it...
A good notice would be that current arjun comes with 7 much better add on's in terms of tech:smitten:
Many wont be able to digest but it is surely one of the best tanks of the world:smokin:

Years ago i spoke to a T-90 tanker and according to him the T-90 was dead accurare even while traversing over rough terrain, just who were the tankers behind the T-90? With that kind of hit probability, or lack there of, it makes me wonder if the T-90 was set up to fail in favore of the Arjun.

Time and again it has been proved that T90 can not be compared with that of Arjun and that Arjun now is entirely a new class of its own. The MBT status in any army entirely depends on the needs of the army and the mandate the army has to achieve given any situation esp offensive ones. Definitely Arjun do not satisfy such requirement but it is one of the Gem of DRDO and what it can do, T90 may not be able to do at all. In indian army T90 plays a light armored offense role compared to Arjun which is a heavy weight.

I am quite certain in desert it will play a defensive role till army fine tunes this tank.

A era for Arjun has just began.

Buddy please don think that the Arjun's final and official trial report will be made public by the army so that we can discuss,to reveal a report thier are other modes,what we are reading is just one of them...
Ajay shula himself is an ex service man,he hails from armoured core,who better then him to pass the info!!!!!

I have not an iota of doubt about the performance of Arjun...My reference to official report was to find out how exactly Arjun outperformed T-90....

Also u have mentioned a very good point about the move from t-90 to arjun sholud be gradual this is exactly what the army will be doing,the other version will be coming in tranches of mk2 and mk3 may well be a joint "indo russian venture" involving a whole new design concept of tanks with lower silhouette.American's are working on it...

Can you share more light on the bolded part....

A good notice would be that current arjun comes with 7 much better add on's in terms of tech:smitten:

Yup... T-90 and Arjun both working in tandem is surely going to be a nightmare for our adversaries....

Many wont be able to digest but it is surely one of the best tanks of the world:smokin:

Who cares...Let the people think what they wanna think...

Time and again it has been proved that T90 can not be compared with that of Arjun and that Arjun now is entirely a new class of its own. The MBT status in any army entirely depends on the needs of the army and the mandate the army has to achieve given any situation esp offensive ones. Definitely Arjun do not satisfy such requirement but it is one of the Gem of DRDO and what it can do, T90 may not be able to do at all. In indian army T90 plays a light armored offense role compared to Arjun which is a heavy weight.

I am quite certain in desert it will play a defensive role till army fine tunes this tank.

A era for Arjun has just began.

Can you please share some more light on why Arjun cannot be used for an offensive role in its immediate future???

Can you please share some more light on why Arjun cannot be used for an offensive role in its immediate future???

yaar we are not military experts nor do we have access to official/private info regarding IA tactics and possible uses for Arjun. questions like these very quickly turn in to fanboy fights, please refrain.
i'd say let us wait for official reports from the actual end-user i.e. Indian Army :) cheers

Last edited:
yaar we are not military experts nor do we have access to official/private info regarding IA tactics and possible uses for Arjun. questions like these very quickly turn in to fanboy fights, please refrain.
i'd say let us wait for official reports from the actual end-use i.e. Indian Army :) cheers

Hmmmm...My intent is to find out why he thinks that Arjun cannot be used for offensive role in its current configurations....What kind of fine tuning is still required to turn this beast into offensive mode...

Not sure how can it lead to fanboy fights.???

Hmmmm...My intent is to find out why he thinks that Arjun cannot be used for offensive role in its current configurations....What kind of fine tuning is still required to turn this beast into offensive mode...

Not sure how can it lead to fanboy fights.???

when people start assuming capabilities of Arjun and its adversaries

Years ago i spoke to a T-90 tanker and according to him the T-90 was dead accurare even while traversing over rough terrain, just who were the tankers behind the T-90? With that kind of hit probability, or lack there of, it makes me wonder if the T-90 was set up to fail in favore of the Arjun.

T-90, the beast on Russian ice, feeling out of element in the Indian desert?

Arjun can be used for offensive role....BUT you simply cannot send a tank for an offensive operation because it better,infrastructure to support the tank is also required like tactical bridges,and logistical support required for sustaining a operation..delays to this project has done some damage but it has also given us something..
Main proble higligted by he army has been logistics which will now be over come by MULTI YEAR purchasing of Arjun tank..i would blame the DGMF for not making it happen as they clearly missed this point(this shows they never expected arjun to make it they were in denial mode)every year unspent money is returned back to finance ministry if they would been logical and would have taken keen interest in desi beast major chunk of problem regarding to offensive role of arju would have not existed kher....better late then never:cheers:

Indians: Indian military should buy Indian made tanks. National pride.
Pakistanis: Indian military should buy Indian made tanks. Victory in the tank battles.

The cure for this very smelly itch in your posterior is to fix an appointment for your stinky derriere with a hot, smoking Arjun tank gun barrel.

If Arjuns are superior compare to T-90, then India made a grave mistake by buying the 1000+ T-90s. So did India made the mistake of buying the T-90s or are Arjuns made to win the comparason?

Lets analyse

Case 1: Arjun better than T-90 better than T-80UD/AK/AZ/T-55/Type-98/Type-99

India pummels Pakistani/Chini armour

Case 2: T-90 better than Arjun better than T-80UD/AK/AZ/T-55/Type-98/Type-99

OMG! India beats Pakistani/Chini armour

In essence how you want your tank army slaughtered becomes a multi-choice question. The enemy tank killed count can then supplied to you to pronounce either the Arjun or the T-90 as winner.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom