What's new

Arjun News & Discussions

Arjun is not going to be exported , pls read my earlier posts before being banned from here, it is superior to merkava, abrams, leopold etc, pls check the location where it is placed ie jaiselmer and surroundings and see where it is wrt pakistan, it is weapon of offense and will be used as such, pakistan is very vulnerable to be cut into two from that positon/axis.

manish budy may be u can repost it here for our benefit,even i had posted how the isrealis were dazzled after seeing its performance in the desert,specially the rifles gun:cheers::cheers:
an if ppl thik that arjun will heavier for bridges to carry may be you should see this
THE ARJUN BLT
[URL=http://img532.imageshack.us/i/0669.jpg/][/URL]

Can anybody tell me which is better: Rifled or Smooth Bore?
What difference will it make in the battlefield?

NOT JUST THIS THE INDIAN ARMY's SARVATRA ASSAULT BRIDGE ALOS ALLOWS ARJUN TANK TO PASS THROUGH IT:cheers::taz::chilli:
URL]

manish budy may be u can repost it here for our benefit,even i had posted how the isrealis were dazzled after seeing its performance in the desert,specially the rifles gun:cheers::cheers:
an if ppl thik that arjun will heavier for bridges to carry may be you should see this
THE ARJUN BLT
[URL=http://img532.imageshack.us/i/0669.jpg/][/URL]

Agree 100% - Why doesn't the Indian army take this into account - I fail to understand this - I mean definitely it has cost implications which I believe is the reason why Arjun is not being considered for more orders - The Arjun has constantly been pit against the T-72s and as a potential replacement for them - This means discarding the T-72s which comprises the chunk of our fleet and spending additional 12 crores on a new tank i.e. Arjun (given an upgrade of T-72 will cost 5 crores per tank)

I think its the cost benefit analysis why the Army has capped the Arjun Order - provided we cannot just discard the T-72s like that and since the Army has ordered 1000 T-90s they can't really justify another order of equally expensive Arjuns as a replacement for T-72s. had we not ordered extra T-90s Arjun would have been a good choice and T-72s could be upgraded. Since we cannot cancel the T-90 orders and getting equal number of Arjuns as the T-72s will burn a hole in the IA pockets is one of the reasons I can think of why Arjun will not see any more orders or probably only another 150 tanks or so.

I think the IA realized the potential of Arjun very late in the game.

I still believe that DRDO should try and pitch this tank in the international market. I am sure we will be able to get quite a few orders.

Members - Your thoughts are welcome!
:coffee:

Agree 100% - Why doesn't the Indian army take this into account - I fail to understand this - I mean definitely it has cost implications which I believe is the reason why Arjun is not being considered for more orders - The Arjun has constantly been pit against the T-72s and as a potential replacement for them - This means discarding the T-72s which comprises the chunk of our fleet and spending additional 12 crores on a new tank i.e. Arjun (given an upgrade of T-72 will cost 5 crores per tank)

I think its the cost benefit analysis why the Army has capped the Arjun Order - provided we cannot just discard the T-72s like that and since the Army has ordered 1000 T-90s they can't really justify another order of equally expensive Arjuns as a replacement for T-72s. had we not ordered extra T-90s Arjun would have been a good choice and T-72s could be upgraded. Since we cannot cancel the T-90 orders and getting equal number of Arjuns as the T-72s will burn a hole in the IA pockets is one of the reasons I can think of why Arjun will not see any more orders or probably only another 150 tanks or so.

I think the IA realized the potential of Arjun very late in the game.

I still believe that DRDO should try and pitch this tank in the international market. I am sure we will be able to get quite a few orders.

Members - Your thoughts are welcome!
:coffee:

When you will get rubles in your swiss bank account, you will advocate t-90. :devil:

hope you got my point of view :cheesy:

well Mahakya u have a point..actually if u ask my opinion i would say that we should upgrdae the exisisting t-72 and make them come up to the t-90 standrads,it can be done as t-90 is nothing new but t-72's upgraded version,this will help our domestic industries which are currently employed in upgrading the t-72 tanks,cancel the t-90 orders and start inducting the ARJUNS,...the amount of testing which has been done on arjun has actalluy helped it come up to these standards,i would say it is :yahoo::yahoo::agree:one of the best tanks in the current generation,50 arjun tanks per annum is a big number friends,it means one regiment can be inducted every yr...it is time the army accepts it and does what it should have done earlier. i.e inducting more arjuns

Guys a lil off topic - But they are showing the making of "TYPHOON" on THE HISTORY CHANNEL NOW!
:cheers:

COULDN'T HAVE GOTTEN BETTER - THE NEXT SHOW IS BUILDING THE ULTIMATE TANK!! ON HISTORY >>> CHALLENGER 2 to start with!
:cheers:

I am still taking the news with pintch of salt but indications are good. I have IA source but he does not talk on phone.

Flaming arrow I will find and post but I basically said that it is useless comparing Arjun with T-90.It can finish leopold, merkava and abrams in half an hour. There are somethings not being told in the public domain but two and two can be put together.First infrastructure is a red herring, we can build ours if ours is not already put in place, then they said that infrastructure on the pakistan side does not support 60 tons tank so cannot be used for offense, that also is a red herring bcause Pakistan army is no fool.They will blow up their bridges whether 50 tons or 60 tons load bearing capacity.Secondly jaiselmer and surrounding areas are pakistans weak points like our chicken neck.Only the very best equipment will be kept there, hence all these talks of desert trials is just to mislead.If we ever go to war pakistan with its obsolete tanks are sitting ducks.The pakistan army knows this very well,hence talks in US are going and we can expect new Gen ATGM's or heavier tanks from US to be supplied to pakistan.Many features of the Arjun have been witheld from the public but Pakistani army Knows all about them.The israeli poster was spot on but did not come back.Lastly 124 is not a number with what u can attack we need faster induction and the max. rate is 50 per/yr. Actually it will be 35-40 knowing Indian defence PSU,s so exports for the next 5-10 years are ruled out. In approximately 3 yrs time a working prototype of mk-2 is going to be ready which would cramp us, so question of exports does not arise we need it in vast nos. and after 500 the MK-2 in vast nos. using the same assembly lines more or less.

Last edited:
still it is heavy and consumes lot of fuel so i dont think army going for numerous arjun tanks

it will still not preffered by our army,however i am not sure abt arjun mark 2 and tank ex

from the experience gained from arjun it it will not b a problem for drdo to construst world class tanks

however we can look towards export of arjun as columbia had already shown intrest as well as some other countries also

Your post lead me to a question, What is the fuel consumption of Arjun in comparision with other tanks? Any knowledgable person please shed some light on it..

I am really happy after reading this news... I think we are on track and its highly possible that future versions of Arjun will take India's MBT position.

Dont worry nothing is sensitive all this is public domain information and all govts. know this.I personally have no inside knowledge, only my friend google has taught all I know buddy.
As regards fuel efficiency nobody knows the answer and it wont be made public, but Arjun is a huge beast of a weapon and fuel consumption is not a problem at all with such a weapon, however such logics that it consumes more fuel are faulty since firstly we know nothing secondly if fuel is a problem then why have tanks in the first place, why not ride motobikes instead?All we know is that it uses a german engine and germans are supposed to be best in their field.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom