What's new

Arjun News & Discussions

I dont have an anti-India attitude. My best friend here in the U.S. is an Indian. No joke.

The only difference is that he isnt delusional. You cant tell me you never read any news that said Arjun was a complete failure. I can even post those news papers here. And to now say its the best tank in the world, hell even the subcontinent, is a JOKE.

Man, Havent you ever seen someone rectifying the mistakes, or arent u a person with that kind of attitude??? the mistakes have been set straight, Do u think that once the mistakes have been found DRDO would be still Clinging on to it???

I don't know if any one knows but this news is from a blogger by the name of Shukula (he's not credible). Some people are already saying the Arjun is better than Abrams, Merkava ect and although i do think it's a very capable tank i also think people need to calm down and wait for an official anouncement before coming to conclusions. Just a warning, the trolls are going to have a feild day with this thread if the Arjun is rejected.

There is no doubt about the Arjun being rejected by the army,Arjun cannot be transported so easily in Rail.... And Its not stealthy no matter by any angle, u fire an Anti tank missile and Its gonna hit arjun... So This Arjun Vs T-90 trial is just a pathway for ArjunMK2, which will be made more stealthy and And More tough. But the DRDO has to make sure that What it developed was good, and Only designing went wrong.

Bhai, If all that was true. Why then Indian Airforce still doesnt want it?? Simple question

hahahahaha, that really made me laugh. :cheers:

IoC by the end of this year and FoC by 2012 which is when the mark 2 comes into production and starts filling the gap. Till now 40 Tejas have already been ordered by the IAF.

Also its not just a 4th gen it is a 4++/4+ gen aircraft with a lot of goodies and advanced features. Considering the plane only started developing in 1990, it took us 20 years to bridge the gap between the HAL Marut and the HAL Tejas 2.5 generation in "Aircraft Terminology" completed in 20 years is not a bad deal at all, specifically when we had so many sanctions on us, otherwise it would have been inducted way earlier - OK if NOT WAY EARLIER then atleast BY atleast 5 years.

Buddy covering 2.5 gens in 20 Years is not a joke we jumped 2.5 generations without the experience of making a 3rd GEN Plane.

:coffee:

I don't know if any one knows but this news is from a blogger by the name of Shukula (he's not credible). Some people are already saying the Arjun is better than Abrams, Merkava ect and although i do think it's a very capable tank i also think people need to calm down and wait for an official anouncement before coming to conclusions. Just a warning, the trolls are going to have a feild day with this thread if the Arjun is rejected.

Finally a voice of reason. :tup: And the news source is a blogger.

I think the Indians should be pround of the Arjun and i do beleive it has what it takes to win the deal; however, most people fail to understand that the news is not credible, nor is it official. I think it's nice that the Arjun has reportedly performed well but i think everyone should wait for official news before declairing the Arjun the mbt of the Indian army.

for ur kind information s6dude Mr,Ajay shula is an ex-Indian Army colonel,and one of the most respected defence journo's.that should be credible enough for you.he himself was a Arjun hater in the very beggining but things finally changed when he saw the changes,ARJUN has not become successful in a day it has taken years of hard work added with failures constant mockery of drdo and motivation to overcome them all,and finally deliver a product which is world class,if u think that other tanks are better then arjun why dint u inducted them in your armoured regiments,if iam not wrong dint the American offered you abraham's....u did not induct them why beacuse it failed the norms set by PA,almost every pakistani has been critising indian indigenous products,aakash was one of them,whn IAF ordered for 750 of these missile i did not see any any pakistani coming and commenting how come a failed product became successful just in a day..grow up and act and talk rationally,when arjun failed a certain aspect we said that it needs improvement,we continued working,may be you should enlighten us all here about how pakistani army now plans to counter us,using thier machines throw some light on ur al khalid i would love to learn about its system tell what all beating its armour has taken,what all input goes in it?? and then we can discuss and see which machine and it crew will survive..avoid making it a INDIA VS PAKISTAN THREAD,lets make this discussion more valid..:cheers:

I think the Indians should be pround of the Arjun and i do beleive it has what it takes to win the deal; however, most people fail to understand that the news is not credible, nor is it official. I think it's nice that the Arjun has reportedly performed well but i think everyone should wait for official news before declairing the Arjun the mbt of the Indian army.

Arjun, will not be the MBT of the Indian Army - That is final. I have cited one of the possible reasons in my previous post in this thread. The order and deliveries of 1000 T90s are already in place and India will most likely not cancel it.

Arjun has always been pitched as a potential replacement for T-72 which can be upgraded at a cost of 5 crores and in that scenario if the IA does go ahead with discarding the T-72s and going with Arjun it will cost them 12 crores more per tank which is not feasible.

All in all we can see atleast 2 more regiments of arjun as stated by another article. This might still be speculation and we may see more or less than that number. SO I believe waiting for the results will be more appropriate.

In the end the fact remains that Arjun is one of the best tanks in the world and it is not a failure as claimed by many on this and other forums.
:yahoo::yahoo:
:toast_sign:

yes definitly we shold wait for the official news

but the other way around i dont think arjun is better than t-90

the army said it only wants to cheak the ability of the tank in desert conditions against t-90 were it fared better,as it is rumoured

t-90 is lighter than arjun and also faster than it
arjun does not have any stealth feature

though i am highly optimistic about tank ex
it will definitly clicks

This particular blogger is a well known Defence journalist ...who works with Business Standard India....a leading business daily....not a tom, dick and harry.

Same article has been published in Business Standard edition:

Arjun tank outruns, outguns Russian T-90

He's fishy, he has done second and third person interviews and he has also made mistakes in the past; for instance, people were complaining that he reported the rcs of the flanker incorectly and he's the guy that started that stupid rumor about the pak-fa having a 0.5 rcs becuase he claims he interviewed a guy who knew a guy that said so. The unstealthy SU-47 with conards, fsw, conventional intakes, conventional nose, and vertical stabs was able to achieive a rcs of just 0.3, and Shukula claims the stealthy pak-fa has a rcs of 0.5, so how does an un-stealthy design have a smaller rcs than an actual stealth aircraft? I don't know but Shukula published that crap.

He's fishy, he has done second and third person interviews and he has also made mistakes in the past; for instance, people were complaining that he reported the rcs of the flanker incorectly and he's the guy that started that stupid rumor about the pak-fa having a 0.5 rcs becuase he claims he interviewed a guy who knew a guy that said so. The unstealthy SU-47 with conards, fsw, conventional intakes, conventional nose, and vertical stabs was able to achieive a rcs of just 0.3, and Shukula claims the stealthy pak-fa has a rcs of 0.5, how does an unstaelthy design have a smaller rcs than an actual stealth aircraft? I don't know but Shukula published that crap.

Its crap till the time its on the blog...the moment it comes to a respected newspaper...things are different..a lot of validation is done to a report before its published on the news paper.... otherwise there is a possibility of a backlash from Defence forces.

Development is a continuous effort and Arjun Tank will be following the same in future. Since there are advantages of product improvements, rather than starting all over again, the Arjun MBT development will be periodic improvements as in the case of the worldwide MBT’s. Current design of the Arjun Tanks has been frozen to enable production. Arjun Tank in the next phase will see comparatively major changes. It could be called as Futuristic MBT.

As the worldwide MBT’s are getting network warfare friendly, Arjun MBT will have a logical improvement via a Battle Field Management System (BFMS). BFMS will provide information to tank commanders at different levels. This could network with helicopters or UAV’s too.

The BFMS will give the geographical location of the terrain, location of our own troops, location of enemy targets, illuminate targets, help navigation, display the health of tanks, status of ammunition holding in the tank, fuel stock etc.

As the imaging technology improves, Arjun MBT will feature an “Auto Tracker.” The auto tracker is a system based on image processing. As the gunner sight is fixed on a target, a picture analysis takes place. When the target moves, the Arjun Tank gun and the sight gets aligned with the target and move automatically keeping the target in focus. This is particularly good in cross country, when target is moving, Arjun Tank might go through bumps or twists or turns for maneuvering, but the auto tracker will not loose the sight of the target. In normal cases with T-55 and T-72, when the tanks try to negotiate an undulation or try a defensive move, the tank commander cupola is moving to acquire the target; the guns go off target. There is a crew disorientation that takes place in such conditions and the crew ends up pointing target at opposite direction. T-90S too has similar issues but is much better than the T-72 in this case. Another aspect is, the Arjun MBT turret is a heavy mass of approximately 16- 20 tons and gun mass is about approximately 2 tons. To stabilize the turret and gun is a difficult task. Currently Arjun Tank uses something called “director mode” .The top mirror of the gunner sight of Arjun Tank is independently stabilized. A computer evaluates the elevation of both top mirror and the gun as well as the angle of the turret. There is a continuous feeding of these parameters into the computer; the computer gives electronic instructions to the gun control system. Hence the Arjun Tank gunner sight is in the middle of the target even in the cross country environment. If momentarily the gun is misaligned, the firing circuit does not open and the gunner is not able to fire. Whether Arjun MBT is static, target is static or Arjun MBT is static, target is moving or Arjun MBT is moving, target is static or both Arjun MBT and target are moving; The Arjun Tank firing accuracy remains more or less the same, and achieves a very high level of accuracy.

Defensive aid like Shotra system for Arjun Tank is getting developed. An 81mm Anti-laser and Anti-thermal Screening Smoke Grenade is also going to be featured.

The Lahat missile’s laser designator module will be integrated into fire control computer.

There will not be any revolutionary physical changes on the Arjun MBT platform.

He's fishy, he has done second and third person interviews and he has also made mistakes in the past; for instance, people were complaining that he reported the rcs of the flanker incorectly and he's the guy that started that stupid rumor about the pak-fa having a 0.5 rcs becuase he claims he interviewed a guy who knew a guy that said so. The unstealthy SU-47 with conards, fsw, conventional intakes, conventional nose, and vertical stabs was able to achieive a rcs of just 0.3, and Shukula claims the stealthy pak-fa has a rcs of 0.5, so how does an un-stealthy design have a smaller rcs than an actual stealth aircraft? I don't know but Shukula published that crap.

Buddy - the .5 RCS was mentioned by the Russian Prime Minister or President. It was all over the news. I understand your point though, it could be that this guy might not be as unbiased as everyone thinks him to be but then he does come out with information which can be labelled as "90% CORRECT".

Lets wait for the official news I believe. But still if we go by his word and your and mine understanding of his posts then I think its best to say that Arjun is at least comparable to the T-90 and if that is the case then we can deduce that it is most definitely better than T-72.

lets see what makes the arjun a lethal platform in its current avatar:
current arjun mk1 has a combat radio net ie an encrypted frequency hopping radio based battle managment system with the help of which arjun tanks can actaully talk to each other,the mk2 version will give it a more potent hunter killer capability as the squad of arjun will be able to share information and the status of thier tanks amonst themself,not just this they will be able to take the feed from UAV's also..this is a network system at its best.:cheers:
the first kill probability of arjun is alredy above 90% and this is a very well established fact:cheers:
LAHAT Missile gives it a killing punch it can destroy any oponent from a maximum of 8 km:sniper::cheers:

best indian and isreali electronic input goes in arjun,electronics equipment which can detect mines:woot:

THE T-72 uses ERA tiles which were actually made for arjun by DRDO..the abhay ICV uses the kanchan armour:yahoo:

ARJUN had taken direct hit from t-90(ap round) and passed,if one wants kill this beast you will have to destroy its track or pray that the crew somehow swtiches off its electronics or hit it with something like a milan from less ten 200 mtrs repeatedly.How can i say all this!! well these are the words of the officers who operate it,you all must be remembering a third party was called in to evaluate ARJUN,the party was isreali.and they had gone back home stunned after witnessing ARJUNS performance..Arjun uses certain electronics that are onboard the isreali Merkeva AND Abrhams tanks,used for detection of mines, the army wants a mix of both tank now.thermal imagner of the arjun tank was something which gives it a cut above,the ergonomics inside the tank is also very good crew comfort is such taht even a russian operator would shed tears of joy...........thier is a self diagnsotic system which tells you if the arjun is well or not,not just this it tells you about the problem area too.this kind of tech is currently used in abrahams and merkeva 4,the main gun of arjun beats merkeva anyday,these are just not my words its what the isrealis had to say who are working on it according to then Arjun's rifled gun is an accidentle find by us.Arjun passed direct hits from t-90 AP rounds, it passed fragmented top attack munitions,guys there is alot more then what meets the eye,:azn::azn:

IA will have to eat their words and GoI will believe no nonsense now there has to be an accountibilty for all this now

URL]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom