What's new

Arjun News & Discussions

Isn't the T-90 more superior than the Arjun?. If that is the case then India should forget the Arjun and the associated problems and get more T-90s.

Every machine has some plus and some minus points. The main problem with the DGMF is they have become so touchy with arjun or anything related to arjun that it is creating a bad atmosphere.

Every machine has some plus and some minus points. The main problem with the DGMF is they have become so touchy with arjun or anything related to arjun that it is creating a bad atmosphere.

Come on Nitesh, you know that's not true.

Arjun is costly, and also overkill (in the sub-continent); hence, the T-90.

read the post no. 366 in this thread.

And what does that post say? The fact that the cost-benefit analysis favors the T-90, even though the Arjun is better? I'll agree the Army does have a role in this mess, but is accusing the DGMF so blatantly essential?

And what does that post say? The fact that the cost-benefit analysis favors the T-90, even though the Arjun is better? I'll agree the Army does have a role in this mess, but is accusing the DGMF so blatantly essential?

You are not understanding a basic thing. When you purchase a foreign product the whole money goes out. you get nothing out of it. So how it is good. If you invest in domestic product it builds a domestic industry which creates jobs in own country and gives much better returns. Consider this factor is cost benefit analysis.

You are not understanding a basic thing. When you purchase a foreign product the whole money goes out. you get nothing out of it. So how it is good. If you invest in domestic product it builds a domestic industry which creates jobs in own country and gives much better returns. Consider this factor is cost benefit analysis.

The people who did the CBA did include these things in their calculations.

CBA stands for Cost Benefit Analysis... I'm saying that the DGMF ain't dumb, as you are implying.

Oh sorry hadn't got it. So the point that is putting across is that don't purchase the indigenous product because some money can flow back to India but throw the money completely out of india? Is that is the point?

Oh sorry hadn't got it. So the point that is putting across is that don't purchase the indigenous product because some money can flow back to India but throw the money completely out of india? Is that is the point?

It's not as simple as that, and you know it. All I'm saying the guys who made the decision are very fine gentlemen who know what they are doing.

If they have decided on the T-90 (even though Arjun is better and indigenous albeit much more costly) then they must have had very valid reasons for the same.

It's not as simple as that, and you know it. All I'm saying the guys who made the decision are very fine gentlemen who know what they are doing.

If they have decided on the T-90 (even though Arjun is better and indigenous albeit much more costly) then they must have had very valid reasons for the same.

Vish, please read the posts no. 335, 336 and 337.

Vish, please read the posts no. 335, 336 and 337.

Post 335: A former member of OF

Post 336: Prasun Sengupta

Post 337: Ajai Shukla

Each of these ignore the fact that Arjun costs a bomb to induct, and a nuke to operate and maintain.

Back
Top Bottom