What's new

Arjun MK2 1st Pic arrived

Heard of MBT2000 mate ?? Reaserch it a bit ,also Power Plant is Ukrainian as Chinese one are suspected to breakdown more frequently . There is nothing Pakistani other than Driver and Commander mate. Same is not with T90 again.:D

Son, I think you are trying to act smart so I'll get professional.
Firstly, I think in your emotion you missed where I had already written that " The power plant was of Ukrainian design", the system came with a ToT agreement and are now manufactured here.
GSR was co-developed by Pakistan and China and the Gunnery system after being co-designed went to Norinco for production, not because it was a Chinese development but because Pakistan lacked the forge capability needed to make these systems. They are now made at HIT in Taxila with roughly 20% of components being imported from China.
If it had been a Chinese tank, they wouldn't have transferred 50% rights to us.

Add: As for MBT-2000, you need some research. 2000 was 12 years ago and MBT-2000 refers to the first design that was green lighted for mass production. Since then, the Chinese and Pakistani platforms have gone different ways. Chinese platform evolved into T-90 and T-99 whereas, Pakistani platform evolved into Al-Khalid and Al-Khalid II. Besides regular production upgrades that are brought into effect with every production line.

Request to PDF memebers ... just for a day leave this tu tu - main main ... and lets admire this new Arjun avtar. We have been waiting this day for too long.

I have read that the Arjun is a fantastic tank but too heavy for Pakistani bridges. Which is where the Russian tanks still come in.

Is it not possible to shorten the chasis and shed some weight to make a smaller lighter version?

As if it is good enough for Indian bridges. ha ha ha

First improve your own bridges, otherwise how would you bring it to the Pakistani border in the first place.

I wish so too but how can you stop the fanboys

a little bit of comparison is inevitable but can be done without rhetoric and ranting.

Its really a pity, but some of our juvenile/snot-nosed colleagues are ever persistent. Thus adding to the burden of your official duties.

tank doesnt just look impressive but its German element ends all doubts over its capability.

its outlook is a brave attempt to breakaway from the contemporary design. the tracks are not as much covered as modern Western tanks. if that is done it will be hard to distinguish it with any Western tank.
I have seen a video on Arjun tanks (sorry cant find it) where a Germany officer is expressing his amazement what has taken Indian decision makers so long to induct it.

The Arjun is a reflection of Western design concepts while the T-72/90 series are a reflection of Soviet concepts. Both are rather different from each other. Since the Indian Army has invested very heavily in the Soviet systems of Armored Warfare over the years, they are indeed taking time to adapt to the changes that will be called for in case of larger deployment of Arjuns. Armies in general are not known for being quickly adaptable.

Be that as it may, the Arjun has some very sound design concepts built-in. The IA will need some time to finish reworking their attitudes, ranging from tactical doctrines to (more importantly) their logistical and support systems for AFVs; righr from accepting Cost of Ownership ideas to Systems and Procedures for Field Maintenance. That was more at the root of the "hemming and hawing" over Arjun all these years, rather than technical issues.

To the people advising not to make a vs thread-----why not ? Its fun and you get to learn a lot.

First improve your own bridges, otherwise how would you bring it to the Pakistani border in the first place.

Bro most of these photos and exercises are just off the border. I was referring to the canal and bridge network within Pakistan that would really test our Engineers it setting up and sustaining a load capable bridgehead quickly when the time comes.

Don't ake it V/s thread....trollers will ruin it. Just discuss one of the few great work by DRDO.

I would really like people explaining its capability, its role in our doctrine at eastern and western front, possible upgrades, etc.

Globemaster III, we will just take them by air. BWHAHAHAHA....It will take time but we will do it.

Lets discuss its capabilities first.

Don't ake it V/s thread....trollers will ruin it. Just discuss one of the few great work by DRDO.

I would really like people explaining its capability, its role in our doctrine at eastern and western front, possible upgrades, etc.

If I had some videos and charts to work with, I could probably oblige but for the time being and with the picture available, I can only guess about the design inspirations and weight.

Bro most of these photos and exercises are just off the border. I was referring to the canal and bridge network within Pakistan that would really test our Engineers it setting up and sustaining a load capable bridgehead quickly when the time comes.

This is surprising. You built a tank and your engineers do not have bridges which could sustain the weight of this tank to enter the bridge-head across a canal or a ditch. interesting indeed.

No tanks use the domestic bridge network across canals unless there is no other option. Usually they have this to help.

Triple_fascine.jpg

Meet the Fascine........Or a collapsible bridge might be used if the body of water is larger, ferries if it's very large.

Globemaster III, we will just take them by air. BWHAHAHAHA....It will take time but we will do it.

Lets discuss its capabilities first.

T-72s maybe, not the Arjun. The weight means you need to cut down on units. Makes it infeasible.

Back
Top Bottom