What's new

Arjun MK2 1st Pic arrived

The all new advance Mark II version of the Arjun main battle Tank is currently undergoing development trials since last month under the presence of the Indian Army.

The DRDO claims that the army sought 89 changes upon the Mark I model, and all 89 of them have been incorporated in the final version of the Mark II. ‘We have done that in record two years,’ a source said. The changes include 19 improvements, which are major. For example, the main gun can now launch missiles; the tank commander in Mark I just had a viewer which gave a panoramic view of the battle-field, now night vision capability to the commander’s viewer. That means the nigh blindness will no longer be a problem either for the gunner [he had night vision even in Mark I] or the commander. The DRDO source claimed that Mark II will be capable of performing day and night in ‘hunt and kill mode’.

The Arjun Mark II has also been incorporated with advance explosive reactive armour (ERA) to protect the tank and its crew. Mine ploughs have also been installed. Added to this, is the remote firing capability with 360 degree coverage for the Air Defence weapon.

Experts say that there are three main elements that constitute the attributes of a MBT: armour, firepower and maneuverability. To attain optimal level in one element is to give in to sub-optimality in another. For example, the German tank Leopold has heavy armour but is not all that maneuverable. The American Abrams is focused on fire-power. The Israeli Merkava IV has fast maneuverability.

The DRDO sources say that all the protection army wanted for survivability, have made the Mark II heavy, but its powerful engine provides it enough maneuverability. Also, a unique feature of the tank is that it can pivot around 360 degrees, while firing its main gun.

The sources however do not want to indulge in any discussion about the specifications of the tank. But they claim, ‘It is noteworthy that these 89 changes, make Arjun Mark II among the best tanks in the world in its class.’

Defence News - Arjun Mark II To Be World Class

awesome n deadly tank :guns:

Hope army induct atleast 1000 mk2 now there is no reason to deny this beast:hitwall:

I m loving this beast:D

Arjun+Mark-II+MBT_1.JPG

Do you know Arjun was developed in co-operation with Krauss Maffei of Germany? So that same question, I repeat to you.

Yep!!They helped in Designing ,but still designing and taking out of drawing board to real tank takes long time to expertise . So question is not same mate :D .You can say this to T90 Bhishma.

Can someone explain me why i cant find the fire control system and the digital image processing equipment on the top of the tank???:undecided:

This is the MK-1.

Yep!!They helped in Designing ,but still designing and taking out of drawing board to real tank takes long time to expertise . So question is not same mate :D .You can say this to T90 Bhishma.

China did not make the Al-Khalid on their own as well, the cost was shared 50/50 and much of the development was combined. The power plant was of Ukrainian design, the fire-control system was also unique and co-designed by Sino-Pak engineers.

This is the MK-1.

China did not make the Al-Khalid on their own as well, the cost was shared 50/50 and much of the development was combined. The power plant was of Ukrainian design, the fire-control system was also unique and co-designed by Sino-Pak engineers.

Heard of MBT2000 mate ?? Reaserch it a bit ,also Power Plant is Ukrainian as Chinese one are suspected to breakdown more frequently . There is nothing Pakistani other than Driver and Commander mate. Same is not with T90 again.:D

Back
Top Bottom