What's new

Arjun Mark II : An Israeli View [ Must Read ]

Arjun Mk-2 fire control system.....

Clockwise+from+top+ELBIT%2527s+EGTDS%252C+panoramic+commander%2527s+sight%252C+individual+crew+cooling+system%252C+multi-threat+detection+system.jpg

nabil_05 do you have more details on the mark 2? Also any good links?

Something sophisticated in AK and AK-1, absent from t-72 upgraded and t-90S,Israeli bms likely to be present in t-90M

Integrated Battle Field Management System (IBMS)
Manufacturer : GIDS/IDS
Detail

Integrated Battlefield Management System(IBMS) is designed for the operations of amour units in the field to meet the requirements of future battlefield. The user- friendly system provides battlefield awareness through comprehensive land navigation system based on GPS and digitized maps. It enables commanders in mission planning, modification and dissemination of plans, monitoring of battlefield at tactical and operational level, through safe and secure radio network. It facilitates integration of external sensors for data/information acquisition and showing it within the scope of C4I environments. IBMS also facilitates commanders in remote firing of AAMG by auto tracking the aerial and ground targets from inside the tank.

* Safe and secure information sharing through ad hoc networking of radios
* Remote operation of 12.7mm aamg from inside the tank
* Driver panel to facilitate driver to follow the correct route with the help of directional bars
* Auto target tracking for arial and ground targets
* Laser target indication to indicate location of the hostile elements and its engagement
* Rugged hardware to work in harsh environmental conditions based on military specifications

::GLOBAL INDUSTRIAL AND DEFENCE SOLUTIONS ::

DRDO has made this.

drdonavagationsystem.jpg

Was not Arjun meant to be better than t-90 from its inception? No big deal if it defeated t-90S eventually,

I didn't know that DRDO guys invented time machine before Arjun project to know about T-90.

after so many years and budget over drafts. It is expensive for sure therefore numbers might be less. 3 million is for t-90S my friend not for Arjun. It must be around or just above 4 mil.

Let we compare it fairly ? How many years taken to produce Type-90 ? ..the budget ? ... reasons for rejection ?... at least the cost ??

I am sure Indian Army will find it hard to test it against the t-90M vladimir when it is inducted in IA.

You are expecting what ? A Mexican standoff :cheesy:

T-90 was meant to counter t-80ud and not Alkhalids. Same is the case with Arjun and t-90m that are meant for AK-1 and AK-2 soon.

Then we are jumping straight into Arjun Mk.9 ..Lets see what's the response from your side..

MrIndianSikh said....

Arjun is meant to replace ancient T55 T72 and Vijayanta Tanks

* yes it is destined to replace the obsolete fleet of above, agreed.

it was delayed no doubt about that but the DRDO hard work paid off and they made it into a beast the reasons for buying T90 like you said was to counter T80ud not to counter Al Khalid

* the delay was for more than one reasons bro, not just minor glitches but major ones, i do not want to repeat the story but it suffered on every possible technological aspect one can imagine from engine to gun, from optics to gun accuracy. Calling it delay is unjust

we are upgrading some of the T72 to be able to serve for a couple more years so i guess the upgraded T72 can counter the Al Khalid

* Yes theoretically even a t-72M1 can counter t-80 or even AK but reality is rather opposite. Al-zarrar is more appropriate match to t-72 fleet, both significantly updated with modern goodies.

on a side note, alzarrar has thermal imager from Italian Ariete mbt, it is known as Thetis!
T90 per unit cost is 2.77-4.4 million USD depending on the variant

Arjun per unit cost is 3.8 million USD[/QUOTE]

@ ironman...

I didn't know that DRDO guys invented time machine before Arjun project to know about T-90.

* So according to you they never improvised throughout the project timeline? Current specifications are from the 70s when the project began? Very wise!

Let we compare it fairly ? How many years taken to produce Type-90 ? ..the budget ? ... reasons for rejection ?... at least the cost ??

* AK project began in 1990-91, took 10 years from type-90 to AK, budget is 20 mil from Pakistani side to convert type 90 into AK, project named in Pakistan as P-90. China did not want a light version for obvious reasons and went for heavier variant, type-98, 99, what is mutual here is the fact that both AK and type-99 share the same mbt as the base, that is type-90. It is just a matter of priority, we took the route to make it into AK, they made it into t-99, simple. Google it.

You are expecting what ? A Mexican standoff :cheesy:

* Does not worth a reply :D

Then we are jumping straight into Arjun Mk.9 ..Lets see what's the response from your side..[/QUOTE]

*Again, does not qualify for a reply.

To nabil,bro,when did I express hatred towards you guys??Just take a look at the Arjun mk2 thread for once.Look how much flak I had to suffer from my felow indians only because I tried to prove Al khalid's superiority over our T90S!!Just take a look.
REGARDS....

i am not denying it took delays the Arjun when DRDO started Arjun they had no experience except toying around and conducting a small effort of R&D into Tanks perhaps even learning a thing or 2 from Heavy vehicles factory but India before had never designed or made a main battle tank on its own so Arjun in one word is a milestone they are platforms for the future DRDO learned from its mistakes and took criticism from army and media and made arjun into a beast albeit it took 30 years but hey the hard work paid off didnt it? Arjun MK2 if it does well in trials may get a lot of orders the army already said it wanted at least 1,200 FMBT

nonetheless if you want to compare tanks in a civil fashion you have to compare everything including weaponry Arjun can fire the Israeli Lahat missile which has a CEP of just 0.7 meters i do not know if Al Khalid or Al Zarrar can fire ATGM

Yeah,Alkhalids can fire Refleks and Kombat atgm.Though their ranges are shorter than LAHAT.Besides the LAHAT is an interim solution as V.K.Saraswat stated that DRDO is developing a mmw seeker atgm with both lock on before and after launch capability for Arjun mk2.It will be a fire and forget ATGM unlike LAHAT.

MrIndianSikh wrote....

"i am not denying it took delays the Arjun when DRDO started Arjun they had no experience except toying around and conducting a small effort of R&D into Tanks perhaps even learning a thing or 2 from Heavy vehicles factory but India before had never designed or made a main battle tank on its own so Arjun in one word is a milestone they are platforms for the future DRDO learned from its mistakes and took criticism from army and media and made arjun into a beast albeit it took 30 years but hey the hard work paid off didnt it? Arjun MK2 if it does well in trials may get a lot of orders the army already said it wanted at least 1,200 FMBT. nonetheless if you want to compare tanks in a civil fashion you have to compare everything including weaponry Arjun can fire the Israeli Lahat missile which has a CEP of just 0.7 meters i do not know if Al Khalid or Al Zarrar can fire ATGM. "

The only reason i am not going into too much technicalities is the fate of this thread which, in my opinion, does not deserve to get an off topic drift and eventually, get closed. However, there are 4 pakistani mbts that can fire a missile. 1 is AK. 2 T-80ud. 3. AZs. 4. T-85 IIAp. AK is capable of firing both Refleks (AT-11) and Kombat, so is T-80ud, rest are compatible with Refleks. AK DOES NOT have a Chinese 125mm gun, it is indigenous made with Ukrainian/ French technologies, hence, compatibility with Kombat. By the way, where have you seen me going non-civil??

Guys,I can't understand one thing.IA told that they want 1200 FMBT as per the article.So in future there will be 1800 T90M and 1200 FMBT,that's 3000 tanks.But IA has a recomended force level of 4200 tanks,so there are remaining a gap of 1000-1200 tanks.How are they gonna fill that??Any one??

Guys,I can't understand one thing.IA told that they want 1200 FMBT as per the article.So in future there will be 1800 T90M and 1200 FMBT,that's 3000 tanks.But IA has a recomended force level of 4200 tanks,so there are remaining a gap of 1000-1200 tanks.How are they gonna fill that??Any one??
Most probably by arjun mk1,mk2..... as long as the t 90 is in service, you can bet that the arjun will be too

its roo heavy for the pakistan deserts and bridges

alkhalid was tailor made for these conditions

actually Arjun was designed for the terrain at french-german border.

skip to 5.3 to see arjun move at desert:

Last edited by a moderator:
Was not Arjun meant to be better than t-90 from its inception? No big deal if it defeated t-90S eventually, after so many years and budget over drafts. It is expensive for sure therefore numbers might be less. 3 million is for t-90S my friend not for Arjun. It must be around or just above 4 mil. I am sure Indian Army will find it hard to test it against the t-90M vladimir when it is inducted in IA. T-90 was meant to counter t-80ud and not Alkhalids. Same is the case with Arjun and t-90m that are meant for AK-1 and AK-2 soon.

Actually he is not entirely right.. one of the main reason for the IA lack was the doctrine was prepared with T-72 and T-90.. thats why there was a upgrade plan on T-72... If Arjun had to inducted then a new doctrine has to be forumulated.. its another big process.. this the main reason for IA.. Arjun came out good .. but came late with a penalty...

and what was so special about Arjun move in desert apart of flying dust? It was pretty slow to be honest. Compare it with AK racing in the desert.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom