What's new

Arjun-II MBT development l Updates & discussion.

This is the test case for you fanboys who know zilch about requirement process. It also shows how clueless you are on weapon induction process. You don't buy an "inferior" weapon system if your industry is producing a "superior" one unless the user likes to discourage the local industry for covert reasons.

There's nothing wrong with what I said.

The infrastructure and logistics in places was for 1000+ T72s, and by the time mark 1 was ready, there were 150-300 T90s with a license to produce 1500+ more. It doesnt make sense to produce a 60 ton, 120mm rifled tank that doesnt have similar commonality to the T series in huge numbers, when already billions were pushed out for the T90 procurement.

Now, the source that came out of it out preforming the T90 are inside sources from army brass that witnessed the trials.

And the source of the army deliberately handicapping the Arjun are also true.

None of these are DRDO "saving face". You didnt even read those sources when you read that.

There's nothing wrong with what I said.

The infrastructure and logistics in places was for 1000+ T72s, and by the time mark 1 was ready, there were 150-300 T90s with a license to produce 1500+ more. It doesnt make sense to produce a 60 ton, 120mm rifled tank that doesnt have similar commonality to the T series in huge numbers, when already billions were pushed out for the T90 procurement.

Now, the source that came out of it out preforming the T90 are inside sources from army brass that witnessed the trials.

And the source of the army deliberately handicapping the Arjun are also true.

None of these are DRDO "saving face". You didnt even read those sources when you read that.
You are wasting your time here.The same rant will repeat again like a broken record with no clue and source.I would be so happy if the platform we are discussing is neutral.
@Dazzler how about a discussion in militaryphoto.net ?

You don't need source to prove the evident, just check increasing t-90 orders and decreasing interest in arjun. Again, rationality is something that is beyond you guys as your arguments suggest.

Check previous pages for sources if you are interested "knowing" the reality
Stop wasting time on Indians they indirectly are blaming their own Indian Army of treason, because their Army is more interested in going for inferior T-90 than going for much superior and mighty and deadly Arjun.:sarcastic::omghaha::hitwall: @DESERT FIGHTER

Why Dnt you guys check out his posts instead of going "loco".. chest thumping won't change reality ..,

I asked the 'Think Tank' a simple question,how does he reaches at the conclusion that Arjun<T-90 when the CAG report (the official auditor of India) says Arjun outperform T-90 & he is yet to reply me with some Logical response that does not include 'you kids don't know nothing'.For that i got a negative rating

This is the test case for you fanboys who know zilch about requirement process. It also shows how clueless you are on weapon induction process. You don't buy an "inferior" weapon system if your industry is producing a "superior" one unless the user likes to discourage the local industry for covert reasons.

I am asking you a simple question
How do you reach at the conclusion that T-90>Arjun when the official auditor says it is not

This is classic case of BS again .
Now for better understanding IA orders 248 Arjun tanks and will procure more when things started to get clear and In the mean time they will end up ordering 2 more regiments of Arjun Mk2 and final Nos will be around 498 or something while IA continue to procure large nos of Arjun based artillery ,BLT-70 ,Arjun based tank recovering vehicles etc etc.Coming to T 90S well they will make up the numbers as MOD already released the money for so it will replace early regiments of junk T 72,while Arjun Mk1-2 will replace T 55 and even some regiments of T-72.

On the same context - Till now AL Khalid the most "successful" tank made by Chinese and assembled by Pakistan HIT is approx 500 since 2001 and eventually end up procuring 100 more while they are trying to come up with Al Khalid 2 since 4-5 years.Can we conclude AL khalid as a failure in terms of units produced

i don't really get it... AK is a Pakistani assembled tank that is made by China ?:lol: n "is approximately 500 since 2001 and eventually ended up procuring 100"??
You justify your 16 negatives ratings too ?
yeah ... None of these matter if they were given by some indian TT troll ,. N who gives a shit?:lol:

Last edited:

Do take a look at the CAG report you dumbo!!And seriously man,who made you a Think Tank Consultant,what ever that is supposed to mean??You don't even realize that the treaty for license manufacture of 1000 T 90S was already placed before the commencement of the comparative trials!!In fact by the time the trial had begun,the HVF,Avadi was manufacturing 100 T 90s per year!!So how could the Indian government have cancelled the orders which were already placed!!But then of course,why would you pay any attention to such boring and mundane details??Instead you will just cherry pick the info that suits your cause and then spread such filth everywhere without any shame!!Quite a THINK TANK CONSULTANT I have to say!!

i don't really get it... AK is a Pakistani assembled tank that is made by China ?:lol: n "is approximately 500 since 2001 and eventually ended up procuring 100"??

Read his post once again,more carefully this time.That guy said 100 more,more being the keyword here,he meant additional 100 systems,over and above the 500 numbers.Carry on.

Do take a look at the CAG report you dumbo!!And seriously man,who made you a Think Tank Consultant,what ever that is supposed to mean??You don't even realize that the treaty for license manufacture of 1000 T 90S was already placed before the commencement of the comparative trials!!In fact by the time the trial had begun,the HVF,Avadi was manufacturing 100 T 90s per year!!So how could the Indian government have cancelled the orders which were already placed!!But then of course,why would you pay any attention to such boring and mundane details??Instead you will just cherry pick the info that suits your cause and then spread such filth everywhere without any shame!!Quite a THINK TANK CONSULTANT I have to say!!

Read his post once again,more carefully this time.That guy said 100 more,more being the keyword here,he meant additional 100 systems,over and above the 500 numbers.Carry on.

The quality of the TT is going down

@Echo_419 @Omega007 : Guys you are fighting a loosing battle. Plus it's not there fault. They have never seen an organization like CAG in their country neither can question their armed forces. Lastly when they can sling mud on India for desecrating Islam when an Urdu news paper was used in a fire cracker, this is nothing. Also no need to clog their limited intellectual ability with technical details. Their ability is best suited for conspiracy theories and playing a broken record !!

You are wasting your time here.The same rant will repeat again like a broken record with no clue and source.I would be so happy if the platform we are discussing is neutral.
@Dazzler how about a discussion in militaryphoto.net ?

That forum is even below than your beloved d+f+I. Half of the gophers there don't even know the difference between an MBT and an APC.

@Omega007

Firstly, mind your language as it shows where you come from. Secondly, instead of abuse and idiotic comments that show your mental calibre, try to be more sensible for once.

CAG report has nothing to do with the capability of the said mbts. All it shows is the irregular and corrupt induction. The noteworthy thing is why the supposed primary user is so wary of the so called indigenous MBT?

The day any of you answer this question, you will live in peace.

@Echo_419 @Omega007 : Guys you are fighting a loosing battle. Plus it's not there fault. They have never seen an organization like CAG in their country neither can question their armed forces. Lastly when they can sling mud on India for desecrating Islam when an Urdu news paper was used in a fire cracker, this is nothing. Also no need to clog their limited intellectual ability with technical details. Their ability is best suited for conspiracy theories and playing a broken record !!

The record is far from broken but is a nightmare that your army is living in. In the absence of proper antitank ammo to fire and proper subsystems to survive, the entire IA MBT fleet is a toothless tiger. Accept it and pray Chinese don't extend their stay next time around.

That forum is even below than your beloved d+f+I. Half of the gophers there don't even know the difference between an MBT and an APC.

@Omega007

Firstly, mind your language as it shows where you come from. Secondly, instead of abuse and idiotic comments that show your mental calibre, try to be more sensible for once.

CAG report has nothing to do with the capability of the said mbts. All it shows is the irregular and corrupt induction. The noteworthy thing is why the supposed primary user is so wary of the so called indigenous MBT?

The record is far from broken but is a nightmare that your army is living in. In the absence of proper antitank ammo to fire and proper subsystems to survive, the entire IA MBT fleet is a toothless tiger. Accept it and pray Chinese don't extend their stay next time around.
You know what a looser always see reason for anything, military photos aint run by Indians or Pakistani. That's the best place to discuss where people will judge on legitimate of your claims.
Talking about the corruption in CAG or IA. We are still better than Pakistan in corruption ranking or if we go in same context AK and JF must be a junk pakistan don't have a external auditor agency to check its claim.I will not be repeating again, lets not drag either country internal affairs or else hell will upon you. You got lot to loose here mate.

You know what a looser always see reason for anything, military photos aint run by Indians or Pakistani. That's the best place to discuss where people will judge on legitimate of your claims.
Talking about the corruption in CAG or IA. We are still better than Pakistan in corruption ranking or if we go in same context AK and JF must be a junk pakistan don't have a external auditor agency to check its claim.I will not be repeating again, lets not drag either country internal affairs or else hell will upon you. You got lot to loose here mate.

Had an account there, closed it as its not worth my time. Tanknet is interesting though.

@Omega007

I would like to ask an explanation for the negative rating. B'coz it's evident that you are distributing negative ratings to anyone and everyone who does not roll with you. Moreover you have been blabbering along the entire thread without any credible source material. Whereas others providing with materials are made fun of. Sometimes reading post of your kind, one has to re-check if this is still a defense forum or one of those ladies parties where every one is throwing tantrums. And watching you throwing negative rating, angry lady throwing tantrums seem the perfect analogy.

For your broken record, why IA is buying foreign stuff when we have a MBT at hand, it's have to do with conveyance and kick-backs. Conveyance:- IA had good experience with tanks of T90 weight class and have supporting infra for it. Kick-backs:- Foreign arms dealer always provide lucrative benefits which cannot be asked for when buying home grown stuff. Also as my fellow posters have previously explained, the orders of T90 where placed before the comparative trials begun. But we know, many posters here do not have any spare grey cells to invest on that thought.

Lastly a person throwing in his/her personal views on an MBT when they cannot spell "caliber" right, that has to be the most hilarious of things.

I would like to ask an explanation for the negative rating. B'coz it's evident that you are distributing negative ratings to anyone and everyone who does not roll with you. Moreover you have been blabbering along the entire thread without any credible source material. Whereas others providing with materials are made fun of. Sometimes reading post of your kind, one has to re-check if this is still a defense forum or one of those ladies parties where every one is throwing tantrums. And watching you throwing negative rating, angry lady throwing tantrums seem the perfect analogy.

For your broken record, why IA is buying foreign stuff when we have a MBT at hand, it's have to do with conveyance and kick-backs. Conveyance:- IA had good experience with tanks of T90 weight class and have supporting infra for it. Kick-backs:- Foreign arms dealer always provide lucrative benefits which cannot be asked for when buying home grown stuff. Also as my fellow posters have previously explained, the orders of T90 where placed before the comparative trials begun. But we know, many posters here do not have any spare grey cells to invest on that thought.

Lastly a person throwing in his/her personal views on an MBT when they cannot spell "caliber" right, that has to be the most hilarious of things.

Go over this forum and find how many negative ratings I have given. However, I am quite intolerant to stupid rants and nonsensical egotistical idioticiy.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom