What's new

Arjun Goes Gold

Yeah , you forgot to write 1 Al-Khalid = 4 Arjuns ....

So tell me, what on earth gives you such wet dreams ? I know , your country needs them to survive.

If you have seen Mk2 specs , then be afraid ... very afraid. :sniper:
Oh yeah I would be afraid to read the specs. I would laugh out so hard that I might get a cardiac arrest.

Arjun?-
Plz come out now :lol:
only thing you are progressing at is the price :P

C'mon guys leave the thread. Let's not destroy their dreams. Let them be happy for a while, until they face the real challenge. Over and out.

^^ there is nothing to discuss until the tank is really out- let the people light up their nights by reading the specs only :D-

lol again a Arjun vs AK

well let me give you people a very simple view

as Arjun mk2 is nt in service only the arjun mk1 is service

bt the ak1 is in service
so if i compare both the ak1 and the arjun

in some areas the arjun has advantage over AK1 while sometime the Ak1 has over arjun

the arjun has its main advantage of armor..the arjun armor is known as the kanchan armor..this is termed as on par with the chobham armor of the challenger and their is no armor better than the challenger armor in the world.
bt Arjun dont have ERA(i am comparing ak1 with arun because both are in service and nt the ak1 with arjun mk2 because the mk2 is far away from induction as well as the ak2..so its better to compare arjun mk2 with ak2)
this doesnt mean that AK armor is very much inferior.the ak1 armor is made of composite material bt not the carbide one nor the AL2O3.bt it is composite made and a very good armor can withstand to hesh,heat and other tanks round

bt here i see arjun superiority

2nd is mobility.the ak1 lead the race here.having a superior t/w mark it better than arjun

the rifled gun of arjun might have better range bt it cant fire heat round.smoothbore are now more successfull

specs of AK1
Al-Khalid I – Upgraded variant in testing as of April 2009. Ammunition capacity increased to 49 125 mm rounds, 1,500 12.7 mm rounds and 7,100 7.62 mm rounds.[1] Incorporates modifications made to the fire-control system, sensors, IBMS, side-skirts, track pads, auto-loader (rate of fire increased to 9 rounds per minute), Ukrainian Varta electro-optical jammer (disrupts laser rangefinders, laser designators and anti-tank guided missile tracking systems), Sagem third-generation thermal imagers and improved air conditioning system.

the Ak1 has ERA which is very imp while the arjun dont.
the ak1 has air conditioning.the ak1 has inputs from challenger and the lerlerc

performance wise i term them 50 50
now lets compare the other advantage
the actuall development of arjun started inn 72 and entered service in 2010 making total 37 years of development and trials
the development of a JV btwenn china/pak took place in 1990 and the al khalid entered into service by 2000 hence total 10 years
so ak1 win here
the total cost of arjun program is about 500million while AK1 only 20millions
so ak1 win here too

now come to the numbers.
after 10 years development we have now around 300ak and 80 ak1.
afterr 37 years of development india has 126 tanks
here again ak wins

this is the best i can do and i am totally neutral.
their may be few other areas of performance bt i compared on the above following bt i see them 50 50.i mean almost same or in urdu sirf uneed bees ka farq ha

---------- Post added at 11:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:15 PM ----------

i might be wrong about the number bt the actual order of ak was 320 and the production of ak1 started in mid 2010 so if 50-60 are developed per year.bt 80ak1 is my just rough estimate bt i think the numbers are plus 100

Iron Fist for Arjun and LEDS for T-90...?

People at MoD sure think strangely or, maybe they have better knowledge of threats associated with each tank..Anyway good for the IA and not so good for bad guys..

Sounds like an advertisement for an album..

And now.. your favorite 80's design and long time development star Arjun's hit album

"Development blues"
goes gold.

Thats right.. this edition includes all the things about Arjun we liked.. and those we dont as well...
Including the hit singles

"Night vision mambo"

"Too heavy for you"

"Depleted Uranium Love"

and "ATGM I want"

Also included in the package are tracks from the unreleased album

"Songs of the ERA"..
with the youtube hit

"My ball bearings are bigger than yours"..

So dont miss out on the opportunity of a decade and come on down to your nearest DRDO store and get yourself a copy ,and for only 8 million dollars we will throw in Nag ATGM's worth $30000 free...

Arjun GOES GOLD!! Gold Gold Gold gold..

Yup.. fits right in here..

In any case.. good to see that the IA is finally going to get what it wants.

In all honesty it is a better tank than the AK. If they do decide to invade us with their "3000 tanks" we really won't be able to stop them...

Sounds like an advertisement for an album..

And now.. your favorite 80's design and long time development star Arjun's hit album
"Development blues" goes gold.
Thats right.. this edition includes all the things about Arjun we liked.. and those we dont as well...
Including the hit singles

"Night vision mambo"

"Too heavy for you"

"Depleted Uranium Love"

and "ATGM I want"

Also included in the package are tracks from the unreleased album

"Songs of the ERA"..
with the youtube hit

"My ball bearings are bigger than yours"..

So dont miss out on the opportunity of a decade and come on down to your nearest DRDO store and get yourself a copy ,and for only 8 million dollars we will throw in a Nag ATGM's worth $30000 free...

Arjun GOES GOLD!! Gold Gold Gold gold..

:rofl: :rofl:
Cheap shot......but i suppose you have a "get out of jail free" card...FAIL.

lol again a Arjun vs AK

bt the ak1 is in service

in some areas the arjun has advantage over AK1 while sometime the Ak1 has over arjun

the arjun has its main advantage of armor..the arjun armor is known as the kanchan armor..this is termed as on par with the chobham armor of the challenger and their is no armor better than the challenger armor in the world.
bt Arjun dont have ERA(i am comparing ak1 with arun because both are in service and nt the ak1 with arjun mk2 because the mk2 is far away from induction as well as the ak2..so its better to compare arjun mk2 with ak2)
this doesnt mean that AK armor is very much inferior.the ak1 armor is made of composite material bt not the carbide one nor the AL2O3.bt it is composite made and a very good armor can withstand to hesh,heat and other tanks round

2nd is mobility.the ak1 lead the race here.having a superior t/w mark it better than arjun

the rifled gun of arjun might have better range bt it cant fire heat round.smoothbore are now more successfull

specs of AK1

the actuall development of arjun started inn 72 and entered service in 2010 making total 37 years of development and trials
the development of a JV btwenn china/pak took place in 1990 and the al khalid entered into service by 2000 hence total 10 years
so ak1 win here
so ak1 win here too

now come to the numbers.
here again ak wins

their may be few other areas of performance bt i compared on the above following bt i see them 50 50.i mean almost same or in urdu sirf uneed bees ka farq ha

---------- Post added at 11:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:15 PM ----------

i might be wrong about the number bt the actual order of ak was 320 and the production of ak1 started in mid 2010 so if 50-60 are developed per year.bt 80ak1 is my just rough estimate bt i think the numbers are plus 100
Well,first of all just name a single indigenous component used in your 'indigenous' AK,then we can discuss about the time line.
An indigenous heavy ERA MkII has been developed for Arjun tanks.Beside,a new hevy NERA also has been developed that can withstand multiple hits from HEAT warheads,which is obviously better than your ERA.
The Arjuns can fire the LAHAT atgm with a range of 8km and top attack capability.Your Ak only fires the obsolete Kombat and Refleks atgms with no top attack capability.
AK's biggest disadvantage is its carousel autoloader which can't hold modern long rod FSAPDS rounds,except which the Ak can't even breach the 'weak' side turret armor of Arjun MkI,as per your ofb site,the Tu rounds of Ak can penetrate only 480mm of RHA at 2000meter-pathetic!!Besides,the carousel stores the ammo in the hull right into the crew compartment.Now thanx to the weaker armor of Ak,if the tank is penetrated it will result into a catastroph-the turret will jump up like a jack in the box.On the other hand Arjun MkI stores its ammo into special canisters with blow out panels and separated from the crew by a thick composite wall,even if it gets hit the tank will escape to fight another day.
lol again a Arjun vs AK

bt the ak1 is in service

specs of AK1

so ak1 win here
so ak1 win here too

now come to the numbers.
here again ak wins

Well,first of all just name a single indigenous component used in your 'indigenous' AK,then we can discuss about the time line.
An indigenous heavy ERA MkII has been developed for Arjun tanks.Beside,a new hevy NERA also has been developed that can withstand multiple hits from HEAT warheads,which is obviously better than your ERA.
The Arjuns can fire the LAHAT atgm with a range of 8km and top attack capability.Your Ak only fires the obsolete Kombat and Refleks atgms with no top attack capability.
AK's biggest disadvantage is its carousel autoloader which can't hold modern long rod FSAPDS rounds,except which the Ak can't even breach the 'weak' side turret armor of Arjun MkI,as per your ofb site,the Tu rounds of Ak can penetrate only 480mm of RHA at 2000meter-pathetic!!Besides,the carousel stores the ammo in the hull right into the crew compartment.Now thanx to the weaker armor of Ak,if the tank is penetrated it will result into a catastroph-the turret will jump up like a jack in the box.On the other hand Arjun MkI stores its ammo into special canisters with blow out panels and separated from the crew by a thick composite wall,even if it gets hit the tank will escape to fight another day.

Back
Top Bottom