What's new

Arjun Goes Gold

I Think the indian doing this all wrong. Why on earth would you buy a small number of tank that cost 8M USD while you have 2000 T72 to replace. I Think India should invest more strategic and smarter, and BTW the K2 Black panther costs 8.5 Million USD Making it the world expensive tank it even got a place in the guinnes world book of records.

The conditions in the border regions of India and Pakistan are unique and in the past tanks from both sides have suffered fornot being able to be at their optimal performance levels under those conditions. That is where the Arjun managed to beat the T-90 and where majority of the tests of Arjun Mk2 are taking place.
Arjun Mk2 though is considered to be a formidable tank under most conditions.

The T-90S did compete during the tender along with the T-84 of Ukraine :lol:

I think that MBT-2000 was selected mainly for technical and logistical reasons. I personally like the T-90 though, big fan of slopped armor :D

---------- Post added at 04:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:37 PM ----------

Yes, the MBT-2000 is a downgraded version of the AK.

the bangladesh should have ordered the Al khalid I instead of the MBT 2000.or AK2 if possible..because AK2 wil be of leopard class.1500hp engine,55tons weight and every tit and bit

bt the Al khalid I is the best bt it might nt cost below 5millions for export

---------- Post added at 03:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:03 PM ----------

What!!Forget the heavy NERA!!Do you even know what are you talking about sir??The Israelis(markava mk4),french(Lecrec) and even the South koreans are using NERA on their latest tanks instead of ERA simply because they are much more reliable,cost effective and safe to operate but most importantly they offer much greater immunity to HEAT warheads as they can stop multiple hits unlike the ERA that is useful against only one hit.PLEASE update yourself sir.
Both the heavy ERA and NERA developed by DRDO ard add on systems,means they will be fitted to the Arjuns in wartime as there is no need to use them in peace time,same as PLA does with their tanks.
By 'weak' armor on Ak,I meant to say it's weaker than Arjun MkI,not T 90M.In 2004,the Kanchan(front turret plate) was able to defeat 8 point blank hits of Israeli IMI MkII FSAPDS T rounds(penetration:680 mm RHA at 2000meter) from a 2A46M2 L52 smoothbore gun and also defeated the Kornet Atgm,then strongest atgm IA had.Now I don't know if Ak armor can do that or not,T90 can't.And how do you know Arjuns' armor is 640mm when it defeated latest Israeli rounds from few hundred meter which according to your tank protection level site has penetration of 650-680mm at 2000 meter??
Arjun MkI has 120mm L52 gun,AK has L48 that means Arjun MkI has a bigger gun hence more firepower.
Kombat atgm is defenately 'obsolete' when compared to the LAHAT atgm for reasons already mentioned,but defenetely not with Refleks,Svir or Kornet.
Make no mistake,Arjun MkII will not be of 55ton,then there would have no need to develop an indigenous 1500 hp engine.Arjun is already lightest among modern tanks with 4 mae crew.While its predecessor Leopard 2A4 has weight of 63 tons,Arjun MkI weighs 59 tons,still Arjun MkI has got wider hull and turret and much thicker side armor than Leo2A4 as you can see yourself that Arjun MkI has huge bulges at both side of its turret which are absent in Leo 2A4.This bulges are additional composite armor with additional ceramic inserts over the main armor.So there is not a big need of ERA either.
REGARDS.....ore damage than the long tungston rounds..except the range part which support the tungston ones

Sir why do you think the armor of ak is weaker?any valid reason.the armor of ak with era is over 1000m while the arjun without era is somewhat around 640mm.
now compare yourself the armor
beside this the weight of ak1 is little bit increased due to upgrade it is around 50 tons while the weight of the arjunmk2 will also decrease to 54-55tons
the Ak2 being very advance and 1500hp engine will have atleast 55 tons weight

who told you this bullshit man

SIr first of all you are just talking about the tank performance.nt the other areas where AK is ahead like early avaialbility,less time consumed,too much less money into the whole development cost.and higher numbers.AK hold these 4 advantage over the Arjun
now lets back to the performance topic
ik now nera is better bt i said lets only talk about the things which are in service.this is why i compared the AK1(nt the ak) and arjunmk1 because they are both in service
i said leave the nera issue for Arjun because it is yet to be integrated in the arjunmk2 which is 5 years away
so with the era and the ak1 own armour the ak1 armor is superior
also provide me info regarding the nera by DRDO i mean alink.because the era developed by GIDS is said to be very lighter and more hard..it is integrated onto the ak1
sir i have already explained you the DU round power.well google about naiza DU round by POF.the AK1 has 3 crew becasue of its autoloader.
indegenous engine is for FMBT the mk2 will use mostly probably the german 1500hp engine.while the AK2 might use the south korean.or a JV with ukriane or turkey.well this is nt decided yet

both the AK and arjun has composite made armor.bt i support the armor of arjun might be better bt with the era at present AK is comparable if nt better.while the AK2 might weight around 55 ton and with 1500engine.

also the mk2 will borrow turret and design tech from israely merkava and the leclerc.
the AK was tested for KSA and peru with both the 120 and 125mm shots.
for more detail plzz visit the al khalid information poool.

no the AL khalid and the MBT 2000 are almost same except few changes

bt the AL khalid I is a very much imrpoved variant of the MBT-2000 ir the Al khalid

I'm really tired of going through the same process again and again; but lets have it one more time.

1. For those who have doubts about the rail transport for Arjun.....

http://mod.nic.in/samachar/july1-06/h5.htm

At a modest but impressive ceremony, Chief of the Army Staff, Gen JJ Singh flagged off 29 newly manufactured Bogie Flat Arjun Tank (bfat) wagons of Military Rail at Bharat Earth Movers Limited (BEML) in Bangalore. These indigenously developed state-of-the-art carriage wagons manufactured by BEML are out of the 178, ordered by Army. The remaining wagons are expected to roll out in near future.

BFAT Wagons are specially designed for transportation of main battle tanks viz., Arjun, T-72 / T-
90 and BMP-II.

The induction of these wagons would enable Army transport its heavy equipment and tanks to the destined place within a short time, thereby increasing the combat preparedness of the nation.

2vll2ch.jpg

2. For those who have always doubted whether Indian ERA is a myth.

b6.jpg

And yes, NERA is being tested!:tup:

the bangladesh should have ordered the Al khalid I instead of the MBT 2000.or AK2 if possible..because AK2 wil be of leopard class.1500hp engine,55tons weight and every tit and bit

bt the Al khalid I is the best bt it might nt cost below 5millions for export

---------- Post added at 03:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:03 PM ----------

SIr first of all you are just talking about the tank performance.nt the other areas where AK is ahead like early avaialbility,less time consumed,too much less money into the whole development cost.and higher numbers.AK hold these 4 advantage over the Arjun
now lets back to the performance topic
ik now nera is better bt i said lets only talk about the things which are in service.this is why i compared the AK1(nt the ak) and arjunmk1 because they are both in service
i said leave the nera issue for Arjun because it is yet to be integrated in the arjunmk2 which is 5 years away
so with the era and the ak1 own armour the ak1 armor is superior
also provide me info regarding the nera by DRDO i mean alink.because the era developed by GIDS is said to be very lighter and more hard..it is integrated onto the ak1
sir i have already explained you the DU round power.well google about naiza DU round by POF.the AK1 has 3 crew becasue of its autoloader.
indegenous engine is for FMBT the mk2 will use mostly probably the german 1500hp engine.while the AK2 might use the south korean.or a JV with ukriane or turkey.well this is nt decided yet

both the AK and arjun has composite made armor.bt i support the armor of arjun might be better bt with the era at present AK is comparable if nt better.while the AK2 might weight around 55 ton and with 1500engine.

also the mk2 will borrow turret and design tech from israely merkava and the leclerc.
the AK was tested for KSA and peru with both the 120 and 125mm shots.
for more detail plzz visit the al khalid information poool.

http://www.defence.pk/forums/india-defence/83228-drdo-readies-hybrid-armour-tanks.html#post1314574

I'm really tired of going through the same process again and again; but lets have it one more time.
For those who have doubts about the rail transport for Arjun.....

At a modest but impressive ceremony, Chief of the Army Staff, Gen JJ Singh flagged off 29 newly manufactured Bogie Flat Arjun Tank (bfat) wagons of Military Rail at Bharat Earth Movers Limited (BEML) in Bangalore. These indigenously developed state-of-the-art carriage wagons manufactured by BEML are out of the 178, ordered by Army. The remaining wagons are expected to roll out in near future.

BFAT Wagons are specially designed for transportation of main battle tanks viz., Arjun, T-72 / T-
90 and BMP-II.

The induction of these wagons would enable Army transport its heavy equipment and tanks to the destined place within a short time, thereby increasing the combat preparedness of the nation.
That's precisely what I'm trying to drum in! At least 200 wagons would be required (including reserve wagons) for a viable transportation system for the Arjuns. How long would it take to manufacture the remainder wagons? 3 years? Probably more! So that's the point. At present we can't even transport half a regiment out of a requirement of an armoured brigade!

What nonsense! Most expensive tank? It is the K-2 that is 11 million that's most expensive. What's this idiot writing? :blink:

^ what surprises me is some trolls have gone and spat ignorantly at the DRDO's progress on Arjun MK1 and MK2 and are comparing a T72 downgraded copy superior which makes me wonder if they're desperate or plain stupid.

for those who have not heard its called Kanchan armor the armor was able to withstand anti tank rounds including Israeli anti tank kinetic energy penetration rounds the armor has since been improved and ganimi beat me to the punch

Waiting to see this tank with all the gizmos in it.....

now after trials are over...

Army: - We dont have enough money to buy this tank, its too damn expensive.

DRDO :- Its 8 Million euros but its worth having the tank with all the gizmos you wanted.

Army:- We also have 1000 T-90 lined up and we jhave our money invested there.

DRDO - How many you will order, in case you want to order.

Army:- 128..

DRDO - Why only 128 all the time...??? whats so special about it?

Army:- Because yoou claim this is superior tank than all tanks, so 1 tank = 5 T90, understood...?? 600 Tanks equivallent!!

DRDO:- :shout:

Army:- :offtopic: You are trolling....:wave:

Back
Top Bottom